CoroCoro Reveals new Gen 6 Pokemon

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I see. Thanks for clearing up. So, do you wanna expand upon your earlier post. I would like to hear what you actually intended.

I find that guy is perpetually stuck on puns and sarcasm, the only time he gets serious is when he's being contrary. It seems almost terminal. Anyway, clearly pokemon games aren't his forté or interest, he doesn't "get" these games the way you or I would.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find that guy is perpetually stuck on puns and sarcasm, the only time he gets serious is when he's being contrary. It seems almost terminal.

Shh, no tears, only dreams, etc. etc.

Anyway, clearly pokemon games aren't his forte or interest, he doesn't "get" these games the way you or I would.

Ah, because there's just so much to get about Pokemon. Gotcha. ;)

Reactions: BortzANATOR

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Shh, no tears, only dreams, etc. etc.

Ah, because there's just so much to get about Pokemon. Gotcha. ;)

Thanks for proving my point when you clearly haven't played the games enough to understand the complexity of the game mechanics these games can provide. Nice try though.

Reactions: beta4attack

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thisiswhatpokemonfansactuallybelieve.jpg

I guess it's official. Pokemon is 2deep4me.
Depends on the demographic you're referring to, but your perception and understanding of the games doesn't seem to span much further than the demographic that was aimed at children. Go to any site (not that you would) that actually talks detail on the mechanics of breeding/stats/IVs/EVs etc., RNG abuse, battling mechanics or just breakdowns of each individual pokemon and their limitations in battle scenarios and then yeah, I guess it is 2deep4u, but mostly because you've decided to be closed-minded.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks for proving my point when you clearly haven't played the games enough to understand the complexity of the game mechanics these games can provide. Nice try though.
...about as complex as the average Korean MMO - find a Pokemon with the best base stats or breed one (walking back and forth grass patches or making Pokemon you found on grass patches mate in a PokeBrothel) and grind to level 100 by (walking back and forth grass on patches), rinse and repeat. By the way, "complexity" is not a measure of a good RPG system - an RPG system is supposed to be see-through first and foremost and with hidden values like in Pokemon it's anything but see-through.

Reactions: gamefan5

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys this Pokemon game will be TOTALLY DIFFERENT because over a decade of history has definitely shown that right?

Like seriously how can you type when your fingers are too busy stuck in your ears. Do you just smash the keyboard with your face?

Also Gahars makes one minor statement and everyone fucking jumps on him like it's fucking personal. Grow some fucking testes gents.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
...about as complex as the average Korean MMO - find a Pokemon with the best base stats or breed one (walking back and forth grass patches or making Pokemon you found on grass patches mate in a PokeBrothel) and grind to level 100 by (walking back and forth grass on patches), rinse and repeat. By the way, "complexity" is not a measure of a good RPG system - an RPG system is supposed to be see-through first and foremost and with hidden values like in Pokemon it's anything but see-through.
That's one aspect of the complexity, sure (to some small skewed degree?) Go to smogon or something if you want to see battle complexity.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the demographic you're referring to, but your perception and understanding of the games doesn't seem to span much further than the demographic that was aimed at children. Go to any site (not that you would) that actually talks detail on the mechanics of breeding/stats/IVs/EVs etc., RNG abuse, battling mechanics or just breakdowns of each individual pokemon and their limitations in battle scenarios and then yeah, I guess it is 2deep4u, but mostly because you've decided to be closed-minded.

I'm sorry I don't go digging for imagined complexity. But hey, if you need to justify your interest in the game that badly, be my guest. :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Clearly it's there? They mathematically analyze pokemon limitations, it's like an e-sport, really.
I'm not going to argue whether they do or don't, I will underline that the same things are done for most systems, such as S.P.E.C.I.A.L, G.U.R.P.S, various flavours of D&D and so on - the fact that someone analyzes it doesn't make it universally good.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm sorry I don't go digging for imagined complexity. But hey, if you need to justify your interest in the game that badly, be my guest. :)
Oh okay, well, even though you're mistaken, apology accepted. :) Why would I need to justify my interests? lol You're clearly too elitist for pokemon or something, I just don't get why you'd involve yourself if you didn't have interest to begin with. that's kind of the point of these threads, sorry you missed the memo.

I'm not going to argue whether they do or don't, I will underline that the same things are done for most systems, such as S.P.E.C.I.A.L, G.U.R.P.S, various flavours of D&D and so on - the fact that someone analyzes it doesn't make it universally good.
"Good" is subjective, so, like I was saying before, either you get it or you don't, you like it or you don't. *shrug*

Reactions: beta4attack

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay, well, even though you're mistaken, apology accepted. :) Why would I need to justify my interests? lol You're clearly too elitist for pokemon or something, I just don't get why you'd involve yourself if you didn't have interest to begin with. that's kind of the point of these threads, sorry you missed the memo.

Not liking something = too elitist now?

Also the whole argument of "If you don't like it then don't talk!" is like the most blatant thing of ignorance I hear daily. "We can't have dissenting views! This is OUR thread because we put our flag here!"

Like you can respectfully disagree but don't call him an "elitist" or saying he "shouldn't involve himself". It's an internet video game forum, people get bored and like to comment on anything. You have to learn to deal with it.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Saying Pokemon isn't complex makes me an elitist now?

Good heavens, what if I said it was bad? That'd be tantamount to sacrilege!

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not liking something = too elitist now?
It's pretty clear that he has no interest in the games, and what little he knows about it is enough for him to not want to play it because apparently it's childish for him (based off of his replies) but welcome to the discussion...

Apparently people can say whatever, but so can I, which is why I merely asked what the point of involving yourself (Gahars) in a subject that is of no interest to them to begin with. I don't lose anything by him being here lol It just seems like he's trolling (probably)

But anyway, have fun reading far too into things...

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty clear that he has no interest in the games, and what little he knows about it is enough for him to not want to play it because apparently it's childish for him (based off of his replies) but welcome to the discussion...

Irony, thy name is DiabloStorm.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Apparently people can say whatever, but so can I, which is why I merely asked what the point of involving yourself (Gahars) in a subject that is of no interest to them to begin with. I don't lose anything by him being here lol It just seems like he's trolling (probably)

To be fair I'm sure we've all played Pokemon here. I've played like almost every release through and through (except Black/White 2, I got a little more than halfway there but never finished it) and people still try to tell me I don't "understand" when I criticize Pokemon for valid reasons.

Reactions: Black-Ice

Comforter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It also depends on the environment where one is raised. I remember when I was a kid all the way back when, Pokemon Red and blue were seriously the greatest thing. EVERYONE had one where I lived, and it was really easy to just slip in and join the fun. As it's stuck with me since the original series, it just kinda grows on you to the point where it was kind of hard to shrug off. Even in college, I know a ton of social people who still play this game for fun and competitively. And geez, the competitive networks are insane, they have strategies that are so crazy it's almost unbelievable. It's like who has the time to think of these things LOL!

I actually feel like this game is going to be fantastic. I was personally disappointed by Gen IV and V, don't get me wrong they stand as good games, but it just doesn't have that wonder that the first three generations had. I saw the initial trailers and all that, and it just was clear that this seemed to be promising!

EDIT: @Guild: lol, yeah your criticisms are more than valid, to say the least. I think that everyone just sees you as this incredibly standoffish guy that's kinda hard to approach. ;) Which is kind of a shame, because lately it feels like many tempers have their heads shoved so far up their asses it's become a warzone over the littlest things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.