ROM Hack CORE control hack?

stoogle100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just got the game CORE for ds and its pretty good but the only thing that lets it down are the controles.
I hate how for every shooter for the ds you use the touch screen to view, it really puts a downer on the game, does anyone know any control hacks or can someone develope one?
If you've ever played metroid prime hunters, you'll know that you can alternate between the touch screen and face buttons, can someone base the controls on them?

Also COD 4 and 5 have the same issue, so the same goes for them.

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stoogle100 said:
I've just got the game CORE for ds and its pretty good but the only thing that lets it down are the controles.
I hate how for every shooter for the ds you use the touch screen to view, it really puts a downer on the game, does anyone know any control hacks or can someone develope one?
If you've ever played metroid prime hunters, you'll know that you can alternate between the touch screen and face buttons, can someone base the controls on them?

Also COD 4 and 5 have the same issue, so the same goes for them.
dude, it'll be hard to fight if theres a mob..(they've got you surrounded! QUICK TURN AROUND -waits 30 seconds- I'm Hit! NOOOO). The easiest way is to get used to it, or just hold your ds in one hand, and the stylus in the other

microdsd

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes that is a problem, in psp you have a analog which helps,If only ds could have a analog stick (external or built in )..

toymin80r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know why you think that the turning should be used Without the touch screen. If anything, all the buttons should be mapped on the corners of the touch screen. (Pressing "R" allows you to zoom in with the rifle and sniper, but you can also charge the pistol by holding "R" for about 2 seconds. And "Y" is a crouch button, which you Will need to use at one point or another just to finish your objective). If only there was an actual control layout visual in the game.

stoogle100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
microdsd said:
Yes that is a problem, in psp you have a analog which helps,If only ds could have a analog stick (external or built in )..

Yea, that would help alot... I think that Nintendo need to look at player comfort rather than gimmicks so much.
The touch screen is great, thats one of the reasons I picked a DS instead of a PSP, but after a while your hand really starts to kill, especially on shooters where you have to grip the whole thing with one hand and the other on the touch screen.

My idea of the best controls for the ds would be:

left + buttons: Movement
right face buttons: View
R: Shoot L: change view (zoom/weapon perspective)
Touch screen: Jump, crouche, weapon change+anything else

Jacinto009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell is wrong with you? You think we all know how to code things like this? There's no reason for you to tell him stfu or gtfo. How about we take out the c and r out of your name? It would fit you if you or somebody were to do that.

Anyways, I don't think there is a hack for that. I'll try searching and if I come across anything, I will PM you.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
In my opinion, using the face buttons would be a huge help. I liked MPH because you could aim with the face buttons and move as well. Just change the sensitivity to your liking. That's how I played through the entire game.

And Crass, I've seen several posts of yours, and you never say anything constructive. If your mother raised you at all, then you should know this saying: "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all". Your words are completely useless to the topic at hand. Was the OP asking for an opinion on the game? No, he was asking if a hack was out that allowed you to use the face buttons for movement.

A) The game doesn't suck, it just was overhyped and didn't meet people's expectations.
B) I actually care. A hack that would allow for face buttons to be used for movement would be a godsend.
C) Someone else can do it if they have the free time/skills and are willing to. Stoogle doesn't have to STFU or GTFO if he doesn't want to, as he is a member here just as much as you are.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
C.O.R.E is impossible to play, for Left-Handers, like me
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat