Hacking Official Corbenik - Another CFW for advanced users (with bytecode patches!)

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
autoreconf -if
./configure --host arm-none-eabi
make

All of this inside a unix-like terminal with autoconf, make and devkitPro/dkA

You're gonna love it even more once libctr9 is fully supported (crypto is missing some little things)

Actually no. Just make sure the submodule clones successfully and the build system SHOULD build it itself. I don't use an external one because the API isn't stable yet, and this allows me to fix it at my own rate if Gelex breaks the API.

The chainloader menu has also been fixed for a very long time, and some shims are in place so crypto works. For now.

I just tried the latest commit and it is awesome!!!

The only thing that I saw as a minor problem is that 4 of 5 times I click 'up' or 'down' the selection jumps 2 options
Before the update, it happened sometimes only

I really have no clue what is causing this. Some people have this issue, some don't. I can only assume some consoles have broken dpads. The only fix is to vsync. Luckily, libctr9 now has initial timer support, so this will be much less painful.

So is libctr9 basically like libctru, but for arm9 payloads instead of arm11 ones?

Or is there something I'm missing?

No. libctru is for userland programs - thus the 'u' in it. libctr9 is a sort of abstraction layer for doing more complicated things on ARM9 with less code. I imported it largely to ease maintenance, since I was able to eliminate quite a bit of code.

Last edited by chaoskagami,
Reactions: Gray_Jack

WilliamO7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No. libctru is for userland programs - thus the 'u' in it. libctr9 is a sort of abstraction layer for doing more complicated things on ARM9 with less code. I imported it largely to ease maintenance, since I was able to eliminate quite a bit of code.

That's what I meant by it being like libctru - since that is just an abstraction layer for the 3DS ARM11 userspace (through multihax).

Nevertheless, it still looks like a pretty good library.

Last edited by WilliamO7,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

The only thing that I saw as a minor problem is that 4 of 5 times I click 'up' or 'down' the selection jumps 2 options
I can't reproduce this.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
That's what I meant by it being like libctru - since that is just an abstraction layer for the 3DS ARM11 userspace (through multihax).

Nevertheless, it still looks like a pretty good library.

Gelex is actually a professional, so he's being very careful to design it well. This means making it as flexible as possible and doing things as correctly as possible. Frankly, if people cared as much as him about proper design the whole scene would be a better place.

As a side note unrelated to Corbenik, y'all can throw fatal errors to the global err:f port in ctrulib and trigger ErrDisp now manually. :P

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country

"Nice" to see that I'm not the only one with this problem. ;)
We are talking about the problem a couple of posts before yours.

Last edited by Orkna,
Reactions: Gray_Jack

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I can not replicate this and I am actually trying pretty hard.
You might have a problem with your D-Pad, have you tried cleaning it or using some compressed air on it?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
So,

Updated to last skeith build and when powering on, black screen, no config menu, on O3DS and N3DS (I wiped everything on the SD to start fresh)
So i renamed "arm9loaderhax.bin to arm9loaderhax_si.bin and now it works/boots fine on O3DS and N3DS.
That's strange. It used to work even without screeninit, did it not?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wonder if it's specific to a particular type of 3DS. Maybe a particular model or region or some combination.
I can post mine and see if that helps
Old3ds: US Version running A9LH (Aurora Wright mini-CFW version) running the current skeith
So,

Updated to last skeith build and when powering on, black screen, no config menu, on O3DS and N3DS (I wiped everything on the SD to start fresh)
So i renamed "arm9loaderhax.bin to arm9loaderhax_si.bin and now it works/boots fine on O3DS and N3DS.
Did you make sure you kept your firmware files?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yupz, i'm sure i used the correct firmware and keys on both systems
(cause it's working now after renaming it to arm9loaderhax_si.bin on both systems)
Are you running the screenin version of A9LH?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Are you running the screenin version of A9LH?
There is no seperate screeninit/no screeninit version since last A9LH update. Screeninit and No Screeninit got merged into 1 file (if using AuroraWright's version)
You just use arm9loaderhax.bin for the no screeninit version, rename it arm9loaderhax_si.bin for the screen init version.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is no seperate screeninit/no screeninit version since last A9LH update. Screeninit and No Screeninit got merged into 1 file (if using AuroraWright's version)
You just use arm9loaderhax.bin for the no screeninit version, rename it arm9loaderhax_si.bin for the screen init version.
Ok, so I actually decided to test this out since I used arm9loaderhax_si.bin, but renaming it arm9loaderhax.bin, just boots to a black screen as well on me.

Reactions: DjoeN

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Glad to see it's not me alone ;)
So we can asume, when using AuroraWright's latest A9LH "No Screen Init" doesn't seem to work with latest skeith release.
Well it works, just arm9loaderhax.bin seems broken. Otherwise using arm9loaderhax_si.bin works just fine.

Reactions: DjoeN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ