Converting save files between regions.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by DChiuch, Sep 18, 2009.

1. DChiuch
    OP

DChiuch Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2006
    Hi, I was wondering if, for games where you cannot simply use the same save file, somehow edit the save file in order to change its region? For example, if I played a game in Japanese (and, I know, some work without changes and some don't. But let's say this one doesn't.) and I wanted to edit the save file to use in the English version, how would I do this? Is it possible? I know that it works with PS2 games, using a save editor, so I was wondering if there's a similar procedure for DS games?

Thanks.

2. Shuny

Shuny I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz

Nov 15, 2006
    France
    Somewhere in the world
    You could figure out what differs between these saves to swap regions easily. But you can't do a generic procedure. Unlike many format, like Wii, there's no specific format for savegame. Every game use its own format so you can't make a generic tool to change the region of a savegame.

3. DChiuch
    OP

DChiuch Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2006
    Thanks for the reply. Do you have any tips for figuring out what's different? I'm guessing I use a hex editor or something? Sorta new to this stuff... would all differences be in the header, or may I have to change things throughout the entire file?