Gaming Converting save files between regions.

DChiuch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I was wondering if, for games where you cannot simply use the same save file, somehow edit the save file in order to change its region? For example, if I played a game in Japanese (and, I know, some work without changes and some don't. But let's say this one doesn't.) and I wanted to edit the save file to use in the English version, how would I do this? Is it possible? I know that it works with PS2 games, using a save editor, so I was wondering if there's a similar procedure for DS games?

Thanks.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
You could figure out what differs between these saves to swap regions easily. But you can't do a generic procedure. Unlike many format, like Wii, there's no specific format for savegame. Every game use its own format so you can't make a generic tool to change the region of a savegame.

DChiuch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shuny said:
You could figure out what differs between these saves to swap regions easily. But you can't do a generic procedure. Unlike many format, like Wii, there's no specific format for savegame. Every game use its own format so you can't make a generic tool to change the region of a savegame.
Thanks for the reply. Do you have any tips for figuring out what's different? I'm guessing I use a hex editor or something? Sorta new to this stuff... would all differences be in the header, or may I have to change things throughout the entire file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse