Converting SAV files between PocketNES GBA and NesterJ PSP

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by Lily, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lily
    OP

Lily One Scary Lady

Former Staff
    Jun 18, 2004
    Canada
    British Columbia
    OK, so I've played a game on PocketNES (Earthbound Zero, if it matters), saved my progress - and want to be able to continue that progress using NesterJ on the PSP. On NesterJ, the game creates a 8KB SAV file. Using PocketNES SRAM Manager I can extra the SAV data for individual games and save them as separate files, but it saves whopping 64KB SAV files -- which leads me to believe it's creating a SAV file compatible with PocketNES, not actually extrating the NES SAV file for the actual game that I want.

So in short, is there a way to do it? Am I just talking crazy talk? [​IMG] Maybe I need to trim the SAV file, or a handy converter exists?

2. Lily
    OP

Lily One Scary Lady

Former Staff
    Jun 18, 2004
    Canada
    British Columbia
    I found a tool for the job!

PocketNES Save Extractor rips out the SAV files automatically. A quick copy and paste, and I was continuing my saved game on the PSP. Classy!

I've uploaded the tool for everyone else: PocketNES Save Extractor. Enjoy!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice