Converting iPlayer to iSmart MM

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by WiiUBricker, Jul 16, 2011.

Jul 16, 2011
  1. WiiUBricker
    OP

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Apparently iSmart MM has 100% the same hardware as iPlayer and is overall the better product. So I thought if you really have the same hardware, wouldn't it be possible to somewhat make an iPlayer to an iSmart MM? I played a lot with the iPlayer and iSmart MM firmware files without success. It seems that both iPlayer and iSmart MM have an internal firmware, that prevents people from flashing the carts with wrong files. The question is, is it possible to dump the internal firmware of iSmart MM and flash it to the iPlayer?

2. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    I don't think the manufacturer will accept to provide such update. So until someone succeed to reverse the code and hack it, there is not much hope.

3. WiiUBricker
    OP

Argentina
    But if both are the exact same hardware, it should be possible. We just need a firmware dumper and a firmware installer, like bootmii.

4. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    You are talking about an extremely limited number of people with an iPlayer, probably most of them without any expertise in the areas needed to even attempt something like that, not to mention that those that might have been interested probably already got one of the newer flashcarts anyways.

5. Nathanaël

Member Nathanaël GBAtemp Regular

Nauru
    It would be nice if Team Supercard would provide that files to these few peoples.

Most of them bought a DS2 already, it doesn't really matter anymore.

6. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    They won't.

They'd actually lose money if they did that, you know.

7. WiiUBricker
    OP

Argentina
    Nah, I won't buy a DSTwo, no matter what. I'm not going to give the ungrateful supercard team any more of my money.

8. Nathanaël

Member Nathanaël GBAtemp Regular

Nauru
    I thought so for about a year. They are assholes. But NDS GBA is really better on DS2.

I won't use it for DS games, because I hate them. But for GBA, it's really good. [​IMG]