Hacking Converting Gamecube ISOs over 4GB for Nintendont?

dbj758

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've recently homebrewed my Wii and got Nintendont playing backup games properly, the only problem being I can't find a program to convert ISO files larger than 4GB to usable files for Nintendont. I'm using a 1TB backup drive formatted in FAT32, so I know you can't place a file above 4GB on the drive.

Are there any programs similar to DiscEX that can convert files over 4GB? Specifically Timesplitters Future Perfect at 4.08GB.
Or any programs that could possibly split the ISO?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Uh.. GC games are 1.4GB.. unless you're talking about merged multidisc games, I don't see how this is relevant?

Reactions: DarthDub

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just about to say.... GC games are never going to be that big unless its a multigame ISO which can always be extracted to there individual games which can then be installed as normal. If youre refering to multidisc games most of them allow you to save at the end of the discs so you should be able to install each disc seperately. Though a multudisc image wouldnt help here either..... so in short no such tool exists. As for wii games greater than 4GB use one of the many game managers available such as http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/home.html

dbj758

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a very long day apparently. Come to find out it was the PS2 ISO I'd downloaded. I'm feeling like a genius right now!

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A useful tool for splitting 4+GB Gamecube Games is "DMLizard"
There is no such thing aside from multi game images (which are typically designed for a single layer disc.) And these images can easily be unpacked into the separate games with the tools used to create them so why use whatever this is? FYI chances are you will not be downloading multi game images either so the chance of you having one of these images without having the software needed to create and unpack them is slim....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to