A real way to convert .ciso to .iso

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Don't know if anyone else noticed but, it's actually not a black-screen. I get multiple colour blotches, flickering in fading waves (it's not my TV, nor am I high ;) ).
If I turn the volume up a little higher, I can hear buzzing/humming, beeps & bops. One thing left to try, is to just leave it sit, perhaps overnight should suffice. How practical :(

Wondering why it was done in CISO, as nobody can get it to work ?
Has anybody had any reports that it actually works (CISO, or other methods) ?
Curious if it would work if it was originally done with NKit.

Extrems

GameCube Wizard
Trophies
Website
www.extremscorner.org
XP
Country
Canada
It's sold digitally as a ISO of the size datted in Redump (Europe) and No-Intro (USA and Japan), which is 115,898,368 bytes for all of them. A standalone DOL is also given for booting without a GC Loader, and it's the same present in the ISO.

It's not playable when in NKit format as NKit has no knowledge of ISO 9660, but can be converted back to a playable state just fine.

Last edited by Extrems,

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I also tried to convert it with nkit2 20230310 as described by Vimm's Lair the size becomes 110MB
but always black screen
i tried to convert the files that are in the file with kit2 20230310 the iso become with size 1,35Gb
but always black screen
i was able to boot it only with dolphin in both ciso and iso

Attachments

• 2023-07-24_064520.jpg
    2023-07-24_064520.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 22

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's a matter of time before Vimm removes it. His knackers will be subject to excruciating pain (with pissed-off people).

ISO 9660 should be easily duped as per other GC games.

Funny. I got 112mb (114.721) (not 110mb). Yeah, don't build your hopes up high ;) (LMAO). Yeah. I used WiiBaFu. Tried others, but got same/similar results :(

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a matter of time before Vimm removes it. His knackers will be subject to excruciating pain (with pissed-off people).

ISO 9660 should be easily duped as per other GC games.

Funny. I got 112mb (114.721) (not 110mb). Yeah, don't build your hopes up high ;) (LMAO). Yeah. I used WiiBaFu. Tried others, but got same/similar results :(
yeah, i don't get it either, every other GC game they have is either in .ciso or .nkit.iso formats, where did they get this one and why they couldn't convert it to .nkit.iso is anybody's guess.

As I mentioned earlier, I managed to find this game in .iso format but unfortunately it yielded the same results. Maybe the developers made some kind of protection to prevent pirating their game, which is unlikely because someone mentioned it runs fine on Dolphin.

Or maybe the reason is simply whoever dumped the .iso file can't find his ass with both hands, which is closer to reality.
Post automatically merged:

Why would they remove it? It works just fine.

The problem is with Nintendont. If you read the readme with your purchase, you would know this game was made using devkitPPC and libogc2, and Nintendont isn't built to deal with that.
Bullshit. Nintendont isnt even an emulator, more of a compatibility layer. So, are you saying the game won't run on the original GameCube either?

Extrems

GameCube Wizard
Trophies
Website
www.extremscorner.org
XP
Country
Canada
As I mentioned earlier, I managed to find this game in .iso format but unfortunately it yielded the same results. Maybe the developers made some kind of protection to prevent pirating their game, which is unlikely because someone mentioned it runs fine on Dolphin.
If targeting an open-source operating system can be constituted as a protection measure, then that's the only protection measure in this game.
Or maybe the reason is simply whoever dumped the .iso file can't find his ass with both hands, which is closer to reality.
I actually own this game and I can confirm the dump is correct.
Bullshit. Nintendont isnt even an emulator, more of a compatibility layer. So, are you saying the game won't run on the original GameCube either?
You might want to learn how Nintendont actually work.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Extrems is right , yeah nintendont is not an emulator but that is the reason this doesnt run.

Nintendont works by patching official functions and patterns present in gamecube games to make them run, this is the reason no GC Homebrew works in nintendont because they dont follow any official functions, so nintendont fails to patch them this was built with homebrew tools and not with nintendo official sdk tools therefore it wont run on nintendont, you can probably make it run on dios mios if your lucky, even if it doesn't,you got so many ways to play this game on the wii lol.

Last edited by pedro702,

SXAintSoBad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Thanks to the posts here and some head-scratching, I have figured out a reliable way to convert GameCube .ciso files to .iso files (with the correct GameCube size and CRC).

Step 1:
Convert the .ciso to .iso 4Gb
I ultimately settled on wit to do this. I suspect any of the methods mentioned in the thread will work OK
wit COPY X:\Foo.ciso X:\Foo.iso

Step 2:
Repair the ISO to be the correct 1.2Gb size for GameCube. This was always the step that failed.
Use NKit's Recover to ISO function

Final output:
Correctly sized and CRCed .ISO file.

Reactions: SaulFabre

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to the posts here and some head-scratching, I have figured out a reliable way to convert GameCube .ciso files to .iso files (with the correct GameCube size and CRC).

Step 1:
Convert the .ciso to .iso 4Gb
I ultimately settled on wit to do this. I suspect any of the methods mentioned in the thread will work OK
wit COPY X:\Foo.ciso X:\Foo.iso

Step 2:
Repair the ISO to be the correct 1.2Gb size for GameCube. This was always the step that failed.
Use NKit's Recover to ISO function

Final output:
Correctly sized and CRCed .ISO file.
did you try it with xeno crisis.ciso?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SXAintSoBad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Xeno Crisis.ciso size=114,721Kb CRC=FA0B3728

Step 1: wit COPY
size=4,589,824Kb CRC=55592C5C

Step 2: NKit Recover to ISO
size=1,425,760Kb CRC=5D0009A0
MatchFail :-(

Worked for all the others I tried.

There's something odd about this particular .ciso.
Also tried converting a known good Xeno Crisis iso (size 113,182Kb CRC 09EFF165) to a .ciso with WIT COPY -C (size 2,080Kb, CRC 1F21F7E1) and then following the steps above -> failed to convert back to .iso correctly.

Last edited by SXAintSoBad,

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also tried converting a known good Xeno Crisis iso (size 113,182Kb CRC 09EFF165) to a .ciso with WIT COPY -C (size 2,080Kb, CRC 1F21F7E1) and then following the steps above -> failed to convert back to .iso correctly.
wait, you have "a known good Xeno Crisis.iso" that works on wii's nintendon't?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...