Hacking Convert PAL to NTSC

SUCCESSOR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Have looked and not found an answer anywhere. I want to convert an ISO from PAL to NTSC to burn to a DVD. Not to load from SD or USB I know I can load PAL ISOs that way. Is there a way to convert/patch an ISO from PAL to NTSC so I can play it on DVD through Neogamma.

SUCCESSOR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
Why convert in the first place?

Is there another way to play a PAL game burned to DVD on a NTSC Wii?

@Cobleman Are you talking about the mention of using Regionfrii? The link to d/led regionfrii is broken.

SUCCESSOR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm away from the Wii so i'm not sure. I d/led and installed neogamma from Modmii 4.4.3 yesterday if that gives you any clue.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Lol, not really dude. You should have a general and/or a region options sub menu which will allow you to tinker with the video settings. I play imports on my PAL wii this way.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
wit can change id and region settings, but I have never tested the impact:
Code:
# copy and patch
wit copy source_image dest_image --id ...E --region USA

# or inplace change
wit edit source_image --id ...E --region USA
The --id param "...E" means: Change only the fourth character of ID. The Id will be changed for disc header, boot.bin, ticket and tmd and fake signing is necessary (done automatically).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SUCCESSOR said:
bazamuffin said:
Why convert in the first place?

Is there another way to play a PAL game burned to DVD on a NTSC Wii?
Yes.

I know priiloader has a hack to region free "EVERYTHING". That should get you at least far enough to at least run your DVD.

The important difference between PAL and NTSC is the video. But as bazamuffin said: you can force this to be NTSC (the video format used in the US). I'm pretty sure this option is somewhere in neogamma.
smile.gif

About actually converting the game to another region...I don't mean to talk down the answers others have given but I can't help but question that it would do anything that simply overriding the region settings won't do faster and more elegant.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you use NeoGamma, then patching the .iso will make it worse. Also forcing the game to use NTSC video mode while it's actually a PAL game, reduces the compatiblity. If you get black&white playback, the game is WORKING, but you have a video mode problem, and then ask about that.

You may need to force a language that is actually present in the game and/or enable Country String patching. Both could also make it worse, so only enable it if you know you need it. And there's some games that can only be played if the system menu region actually matches, you may need to google for game specifc solutions in that case.

Converting the .iso's region is only useful if you:
have a modchip, actual retail import discs, and/or cioscorp/darkcorp
AND
you DON'T have priiloader

And the region conversion only changes the info that the game is from another region, which doesn't fix any video mode problems, only makes them worse. Some region patchers also patch the video modes, which might be useful for black&white issues. But the video mode patches in NeoGamma should be able to do the same, and on some games they cause trouble.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Pikmen 2 (New Play Control) is PAL, and you can't get it to work on NTSC, can you? Anything I've tried will give me a black, never-ending screen. If I just let the video be PAL, it is all black and white.

SUCCESSOR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the Force NTSC mode in neogamma. It was obvious and I can't believe i missed it. I have simple gotten rid of PAL ISO and replaced them with NTSC. The only PAL game i couldn't get in NTSC wouldn't work from USB loader so I am thinking it's a dud.

I have Priiloader set to EVERYTHING NTSC but I still have to set FORCE NTSC or PAL games don't run, and MARIO GALAXY 2 which is NTSC looks awful if i don't set FORCE NTSC. The problem is I'm doing this on my mom's Wii and she has problem following basic instructions and telling her to go into options and do this or that with just end in her giving up.

Do certain games not work loaded from DVD? I got Zumba to load fine from SD but it came up with "Something something see Operation Manual" when I tried to play it from DVD.

I heard that to use disc channel to play Backups you have to install DARKCORP. Is there some reason a lot of people don't like it? I know it can brick if you accidently update but if priiloader already blocks updates then what's the risk?

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Presto99 said:
Pikmen 2 (New Play Control) is PAL, and you can't get it to work on NTSC, can you? Anything I've tried will give me a black, never-ending screen. If I just let the video be PAL, it is all black and white.

pikmin 2 pal is a game that needs hdtv and component cables to work on ntsc without both no mater what settings you change it wont look proper.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
SUCCESSOR said:
I heard that to use disc channel to play Backups you have to install DARKCORP. Is there some reason a lot of people don't like it? I know it can brick if you accidently update but if priiloader already blocks updates then what's the risk?

Its the same with everything when modding, risk vs benefit. I've used cIOSCORP in the past with no problems but I choose to go USB loader nowadays. Modding is always risky, but as long as you follow the installation procedure and use it correctly then you should be OK.

SUCCESSOR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TY I read up on it and decided to installed it. works great. The Simpler the better. I prefer my mom, or my sister's kids, not messing around in HBC too much. Is there any way to hide HBC? It's not a big deal though. Especially since I just found out how to move it to the end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I got this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDHC5MV