Convert mds/mdf to iso

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by DjFIL, Feb 23, 2011.

Feb 23, 2011

Convert mds/mdf to iso by DjFIL at 5:30 PM (3,098 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. DjFIL
    OP

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I just downloaded a copy of Densha de Go (Japanese train simulation) to try for the fun of it. It came in a mds/mdf format. Does anyone know a free (w/o need to crack software) converter on mac or windows (I've got both) to get it from mds/mdf to an iso, so I can load it to my USB HDD w/ WBFS Manager?

Thanks.

2. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    I would say mount it to a virtual drive with something like Daemon Tools, then make an image of that. Remember, once a game has been dumped, you can copy the copies as much as you want.

3. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5039137_convert-mdf-iso.html

4. DjFIL
    OP

Canada
    I tried mounting it with Daemon Tools. Looks like it mounted, but when I tried to detect the drive with a conversion software, it didn't find anything.

Trying this MagicISO option now. Tried another eHow article, but it referred to UltraISO... but that didn't work. Appears that MagicISO is having a similar issue. Not sure if it'd because the trial software limits a file size of 300MB (this of course being 4.3GB)... or if it's because I'm on Windows 7 (32-bit), and it's not supported by their software.

Any further suggestions? If not I may just end up 'obtaining a full copy' of Alcohol 120%, as I know that's what the mds/mdf format comes from.

5. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Oh, yeah... Magic/Ultra ISO have a limit so you'll run into problems with that.

As for Alcohol 120%, great app... if you want to, buy it -- I've been considering the lifetime license it for a while myself.
    The "problem" is, I can do just about everything I need to using Alcohol 52% (Free) + ImgBurn.

6. wiimanofthenorth

Member wiimanofthenorth GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  7. DjFIL
    OP

Canada
    wiimanofthenorth's suggestion appeared to work... well it converted it to an iso format w/o any errors... but I think the rip was bad in the first place, because it won't add to my wbfs usb drive. oh well. will try and find another copy somewhere else. thanks for all the help from everyone.

8. wiimanofthenorth

United Kingdom
    After my normal wondering around the net, I've come across an article that talks of this program. It's freeware for Windows... ISO Workshop

9. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    could just burn it to a disc and rip a new IOS from the burnt disc.

10. wiimanofthenorth

United Kingdom
    Yeah if you have a program that burns .mdf in the first place. Not everyone does!