DjFIL

OP
Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just downloaded a copy of Densha de Go (Japanese train simulation) to try for the fun of it. It came in a mds/mdf format. Does anyone know a free (w/o need to crack software) converter on mac or windows (I've got both) to get it from mds/mdf to an iso, so I can load it to my USB HDD w/ WBFS Manager?

Thanks.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would say mount it to a virtual drive with something like Daemon Tools, then make an image of that. Remember, once a game has been dumped, you can copy the copies as much as you want.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.ehow.com/how_5039137_convert-mdf-iso.html
QUOTE said:

Go to the Magic ISO website (see Resources) and click "Download." Click either "Download site 1" or "Download site 2." Save the file and download the Magic ISO program. You will use this to convert your MDF file.

Locate your MDF file and right-click on it. Rename the file extension so that it is a BIN file. It can only be converted into an ISO file if it is first converted into a BIN file.

Open the Magic ISO program. Click "Tools>Convert." "Tools" is located on the top tool bar between "File" and "View."

Click the folder icon to choose the source file that you want to convert. Click the arrow icon and choose the output format so that it is Standard ISO image file (.ISO).

Click the green check-mark icon that reads "Convert." Your file has now been converted to ISO format.

DjFIL

OP
Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I tried mounting it with Daemon Tools. Looks like it mounted, but when I tried to detect the drive with a conversion software, it didn't find anything.

Trying this MagicISO option now. Tried another eHow article, but it referred to UltraISO... but that didn't work. Appears that MagicISO is having a similar issue. Not sure if it'd because the trial software limits a file size of 300MB (this of course being 4.3GB)... or if it's because I'm on Windows 7 (32-bit), and it's not supported by their software.

Any further suggestions? If not I may just end up 'obtaining a full copy' of Alcohol 120%, as I know that's what the mds/mdf format comes from.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DjFIL said:
I tried mounting it with Daemon Tools. Looks like it mounted, but when I tried to detect the drive with a conversion software, it didn't find anything.

Trying this MagicISO option now. Tried another eHow article, but it referred to UltraISO... but that didn't work. Appears that MagicISO is having a similar issue. Not sure if it'd because the trial software limits a file size of 300MB (this of course being 4.3GB)... or if it's because I'm on Windows 7 (32-bit), and it's not supported by their software.

Any further suggestions? If not I may just end up 'obtaining a full copy' of Alcohol 120%, as I know that's what the mds/mdf format comes from.
Oh, yeah... Magic/Ultra ISO have a limit so you'll run into problems with that.

As for Alcohol 120%, great app... if you want to, buy it -- I've been considering the lifetime license it for a while myself.
The "problem" is, I can do just about everything I need to using Alcohol 52% (Free) + ImgBurn.

DjFIL

OP
Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
wiimanofthenorth's suggestion appeared to work... well it converted it to an iso format w/o any errors... but I think the rip was bad in the first place, because it won't add to my wbfs usb drive. oh well. will try and find another copy somewhere else. thanks for all the help from everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i love sigma meals, skibidi slicers!!