Homebrew Convert game genie codes for nesds

gbalight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to convert game genie codes to use with the nesds cheat system, but I've run into a problem. I am using the cheat converter within nestopia to get the hex equivalent of the 8 letter code.

here is the example (a code for the nes game athena)

gg code: GZUZLISA

hex data:

address: 0xA533 value: 0x24 compare: 0x85

The *problem* is that when you add a code in the nesds cheat system, you only have 3 places to enter data for the address (0x000), so I cannot enter the "0xA533". I'm thinking there may be other problems, too since on the nesds system you only have "address" and "value" whereas the generator also gives me the "compare" field. I'm completely ignorant when it comes to programming/coding beyond html/css. Could someone please let me know if it's possible to convert the above hex data into a code usable by the nesds system?

Here is a link to a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, I honestly have no idea how to make that one work, sorry. However, I do have a workaround, even though it's much more cumbersome. http://pocketnes.org/downloads.html has a download for a Game Genie tool that permanently modifies the rom with the code in place (so only apply it to a COPY of the rom). Add the cheats you want, test in an NES emulator, then copy it to your card to have a cheating copy of the game.

Not ideal, but it should work at least.

gbalight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Hm, I honestly have no idea how to make that one work, sorry. However, I do have a workaround, even though it's much more cumbersome. http://pocketnes.org/downloads.html has a download for a Game Genie tool that permanently modifies the rom with the code in place (so only apply it to a COPY of the rom). Add the cheats you want, test in an NES emulator, then copy it to your card to have a cheating copy of the game.

Not ideal, but it should work at least.

Thanks! at this point, I'll take anything I can get LOL. I'm thinking that this will be the only way. No problem though, I'll just keep copies of the originals. Thanks again for the info
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill