Convert eShop back to CIA?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by jmhannz, Apr 25, 2017.

1. jmhannz
    OP

jmhannz GBAtemp Fan

Apr 4, 2017
    United States
    is there anyway to convert downloaded eshop games back to CIA to reinstall on another CFW console easily (trying to avoid a friend waiting 7 days for system transfer), we can backup saves, but to mass install 30 games would take a day.

2. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9

jmhannz likes this.
  3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Yes if the source console is modded - Decrypt9 and Godmode9 have features to pack installed software back into a cia (you just need to know the titleids, which you can see by selecting them in FBI/DevMenu)

4. jmhannz
    OP

jmhannz GBAtemp Fan

Apr 4, 2017
    United States
    Thank you then once packed into CIA itll save on the SD, I can put the SD in the other console and reinstall CIAs as fresh and import back in the saves? How long usually to export a CIA though, is it the same speed as downloading.

5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Well, that assumes you want to give your friend your SD... copying the cia to their SD is done through a computer/phone/etc

Faster than downloading on console for sure

jmhannz likes this.
  6. jmhannz
    OP

jmhannz GBAtemp Fan

Apr 4, 2017
    United States
    yeah so idea is he brings over his 3ds, i can copy all my cias he wants through godmode to my SD, pop it in my computer and copy the CIAs over for him and then he can install & del thru FBI?