Convert any 3D movie to watch on the 3DS!

D

Deleted User

LOL, my 5MB AVI resistance video is around 270MB in 3d. That's seriously the most uncompressed video possible, as the input file was 5MB. xD

moisesmcardona

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tested the video playback. On my tests I decided to use Xilisoft Video Converter using the Wii Profile. Since the videos I converted were Full Screen I just changed the resolution to 320x240 and splitted the videos into 10 minutes parts. I can confirm it is working on my 3DS.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested the video playback. On my tests I decided to use Xilisoft Video Converter using the Wii Profile. Since the videos I converted were Full Screen I just changed the resolution to 320x240 and splitted the videos into 10 minutes parts. I can confirm it is working on my 3DS.

If you go into advanced setting you can change the resolution to whatever you want. Is the 320X240 showing full screen on your 3DS?

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
EDIT: spinal_cord: could you perhaps add the split command so it only takes the first 10 minutes, and skips the rest if it's over 10 minutes?

I've actually began working on that. This is what I have so far for 2D videos (placed in a batch file, and quality of 13 from the range of 1 as best and 31 as worst).

Code:
del VID_*.AVI
del newVideo.avi
ffmpeg -i %1 -s 400x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 13 -acodec copy "newVideo.avi"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:00:00 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0001.AVI"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:09:59 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0002.AVI"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:19:58 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0003.AVI"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:29:57 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0004.AVI"

All that is required in Windows is to drag the video over the batch file, and it'll process the video, then split them, up to 29m57s of video. If you have a longer video, just mimick how the split is done. For some reason, making 10m videos exactly wasn't working on my 3DS, but 9m59s does. Also, audio encoding isn't done until during the split because ffmpeg kept having a problem splitting the adpcm format.

I'm sure someone else with more experience could improve on this.

For some reason, the audio isn't working for me with this, I get audio for a few seconds on the splitted files and then it disappears. Weird.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: spinal_cord: could you perhaps add the split command so it only takes the first 10 minutes, and skips the rest if it's over 10 minutes?

I've actually began working on that. This is what I have so far for 2D videos (placed in a batch file, and quality of 13 from the range of 1 as best and 31 as worst).

Code:
del VID_*.AVI
del newVideo.avi
ffmpeg -i %1 -s 400x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 13 -acodec copy "newVideo.avi"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:00:00 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0001.AVI"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:09:59 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0002.AVI"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:19:58 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0003.AVI"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:29:57 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0004.AVI"

All that is required in Windows is to drag the video over the batch file, and it'll process the video, then split them, up to 29m57s of video. If you have a longer video, just mimick how the split is done. For some reason, making 10m videos exactly wasn't working on my 3DS, but 9m59s does. Also, audio encoding isn't done until during the split because ffmpeg kept having a problem splitting the adpcm format.

I'm sure someone else with more experience could improve on this.

For some reason, the audio isn't working for me with this, I get audio for a few seconds on the splitted files and then it disappears. Weird.

It originally had the audio encoded from the beginning, but it didn't like splitting when in adpcm format, so I had that done in the split part. I assume your problem is similar. I came across a wmv file and tried with the current setup, and it didn't like it either. I did try and encode with the settings from the 3d version with using libmp3lame instead of copy, but the end result was rather bad quality audio. I'll keep checking what I can do.

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Figured it out, looks it was a problem related with the AAC audio codec from my videos.

What I did was that I encode them first to PCM and then to adpcm (if you leave it as PCM, the output file is double the size compared to adpcm). So it went more or less like this:

Code:
del VID_*.AVI
del newVideo.avi
ffmpeg -i %1 -s 400x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 13 -acodec pcm_s16le -ac 2 "newVideo.avi"

The process takes about the same, and works fine. The only downside is that the video files are still to big, but managed to convert a 24 min video to 200 MB (about the same as Xvid), using 15 FPS and qscale 15. Doesn't look too bad.

Thanks a lot!

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
What I did was that I encode them first to PCM...

Heh, I came here to give that same answer, but I see you found out already.

Anyways, after seeing Prof. 9's batch file, I decided to extend on that. It includes splitting a file in up to 10 10m segments, and can easily accommodate more if the user knows what they are doing.
Link to it is here - ***Not anymore, newer file in my next post***

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Anyways, after seeing Prof. 9's batch file, I decided to extend on that. It includes splitting a file in up to 10 10m segments, and can easily accommodate more if the user knows what they are doing.
Link to it is here - ***Not anymore, newer file in my next post***
Kind of wondering why you limit it to 10 segments...

It was 6 before (for about an hour's worth of video), but I extended it to 10. No real reason for that, but as I said, it can be extended further if you want (and if know what you're doing). Batch files are a bit limited in this sense in comparison to a front-end like what SifJar made.

EDIT:

Fixing up a few things, and adding additional options to the batch file. Will upload that when I get back.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I updated Prof. 9's batch file once again. It includes the following options...

Video format: 2D, 3D tb, 3D ss (already provided by Prof. 9)
Video quality: 1 to 31 (already provided by Prof. 9)
Frame Rate: 10 to 24
Audio Freq: 44.1kHz, 32kHz, 22kHz
Audio Channels: Stereo or Mono

With all this, there is also default settings if you don't want to decide. Default settings can be changed for those who know what to do with editing batch files.

It also contains the ability to split the video, up to 18 segments (just under 3 hours). Why 3 hours? Don't ask me. :P

http://www.mediafire.com/?r81apghc478e127

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Ok, I updated Prof. 9's batch file once again. It includes the following options...

With all this, there is also default settings if you don't want to decide. Default settings can be changed for those who know what to do with editing batch files.

It also contains the ability to split the video, up to 18 segments (just under 3 hours). Why 3 hours? Don't ask me. :P

http://www.mediafire...r81apghc478e127

Put a quality setting in there also, it can range from 1 to 31. 31 will give much better compression (file size) but 1 will look the best. 8 or 10 is OK.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

Put a quality setting in there also, it can range from 1 to 31. 31 will give much better compression (file size) but 1 will look the best. 8 or 10 is OK.

It is in there already, before I even touched the batch file. :P

flameonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you DiscostewSM for this but I do need some help if any one can help I made my video side-by-side I got the video off youtube and I named it VID_0001.AVI and I put it in the same folder as all the other pics but it will not show up on my 3ds can any one help? thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?