riceball7852

A person with a life.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. This is out from boredom.
I've been wondering which convention centers have you guys been to (or would like to got to).

So far, been to Anime Expo and Comic-Con (San Diego).

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never been to any expos or conventions. I can't stand people in general...going to places with a concentrated quantity of diehard fans for any particular thing would just kill me.
Especially any and all anime events. I think i'd end up killing someone.

Though I somewhat really wanted to go to Anime Expo this year just to meet the makers of Katawa Shoujo, and buy like 10 artbooks while i was at it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Come to think of it I have never been to a game/comic/film convention/show/festival. Plenty of motorbike/car ones*, plenty of science/engineering ones and not half as many I would like but some security/hacker ones as well (although none of the bigger ones as I always seem to be far away when one I want to go is happening) as well as the usual country shows.

*the line between trade show, custom show, run, autojumble and the likes of bike week/camping in a field where loads of things and stalls happen to be is very blurred but damned if I do not tend to come away with various tools, parts/supplies, contacts, new suppliers for things and/or people that have specific and useful skills from each.

Thinking further though I do not think I would want to go to a game/film/comic show as the whole idea has very little appeal (whether this is burnout from watching e3 shows and doing writeups for the last couple of years I will possibly ponder later) and for the most part I can not see anything interesting happening that I can not just watch online either live or a couple of hours/days later and I have no desire to do any more work than I already do in any of those areas.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I went to two French conventions only ("Cartoonist", in Paris and Toulon, in 2002)
It was about Manga, Anime, and cosplay.
It was more an excuse about meeting with IRC friends from all around France than seeing the convention.

I would have liked to go to Frankfurt, Germany, in 7th & 8th July 2012, for Cosday convention.
But I don't understand nor speak German at all, and alone I don't feel at ease in an unknown place.
The website is in german to order tickets too :(
So I won't go.

The real reason I would like to go there is not for the convention or the copslay itself, but to meet with two persons from Youtube :D
Violintay and Lara (their piano/violin duo on Morrowind/Skyrim theme)
Taylor is American, and Lara Australian. They will meet their fans at this convention.

Going to the convention only to see them is kind of weird, there would be a lot of fan/groupies around them all the time. I wouldn't stay with her for two days long, we don't really know each other (we only wrote PM to eachother). Or I'll take my violin too? I'm not as good.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never actually attended a convention, but I'm hoping to change that soon enough. Something like PAX or Comic-Con sound like good places to start.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Been to Anime Vegas just for the hell of it. Never going to an anime convention again. Even on the first day it smelled like B.O. and something else I couldn't quite put my finger on.

I worked at the Las Vegas Convention Center printing out passes for people at CES. You can imagine how easy it was to print out one for myself. The next year, I bought a Press Pass for $50 and went to all the parties and shit that everybody else weren't invited to.

I'm hoping to go to PAX Prime some time in the next year or so. (hoping I can stomach the unshowered this time)

riceball7852

A person with a life.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh god no, i couldn't go to a convention.

i'm already a bitch to people that piss me off in town. a convention full of them, weeaboos too, god no

I know how you feel. Weeaboos are pretty irritating. As for me, I just kinda ignore them and hang around with my friends.

Been to Anime Vegas just for the hell of it. Never going to an anime convention again. Even on the first day it smelled like B.O. and something else I couldn't quite put my finger on.

I worked at the Las Vegas Convention Center printing out passes for people at CES. You can imagine how easy it was to print out one for myself. The next year, I bought a Press Pass for $50 and went to all the parties and shit that everybody else weren't invited to.

I'm hoping to go to PAX Prime some time in the next year or so. (hoping I can stomach the unshowered this time)

Well... there's another prime example of weebs lurking in an anime convention. (smelling like BO) :P

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
oh god no, i couldn't go to a convention.

i'm already a bitch to people that piss me off in town. a convention full of them, weeaboos too, god no

I know how you feel. Weeaboos are pretty irritating. As for me, I just kinda ignore them and hang around with my friends.

Well... there's another prime example of weebs lurking in an anime convention. (smelling like BO) :P

Seriously it's like you're in the twilight zone when you seem like the only person in this huge building that has showered some time in the last 3 days.

Reactions: 2 people

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've never had the chance to go to a convention.

If I was ever in the location a convention would be held, I would always be busy on convention days. If I wasn't busy, I was nowhere near the location a convention would be held.

riceball7852

A person with a life.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had the chance to go to a convention.

If I was ever in the location a convention would be held, I would always be busy on convention days. If I wasn't busy, I was nowhere near the location a convention would be held.

Sometimes that happens to me... It sucks when life is in this flow... D:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Taylor, Lara, and Kyle are invited to E3 2012 by Nvidia to play in a concert, what a chance!. (announcement)
I didn't find any information regarding this concert (not even the past 10 year's concerts), do you think it's a private event? like all other E3 events?
Maybe it's part of Nvidia's stand and exhibition.

Edit: I found that
Kyle on youtube said:
There will be one hour long concert each day of the convention in one of the halls at the convention. :)
Another convention we can't go to :hateit:
I hope it will be live on internet, like with Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft exhibitions. (no information yet on E3 website).

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Only event like that I've been to is the Eurogamer Expo in London last year - I loved it and have already bought tickets to go again this year.

riceball7852

A person with a life.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taylor, Lara, and Kyle are invited to E3 2012 by Nvidia to play in a concert, what a chance!. (announcement)
I didn't find any information regarding this concert (not even the past 10 year's concerts), do you think it's a private event? like all other E3 events?
Maybe it's part of Nvidia's stand and exhibition.

Edit: I found that
Kyle on youtube said:
There will be one hour long concert each day of the convention in one of the halls at the convention. :)
Another convention we can't go to :hateit:
I hope it will be live on internet, like with Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft exhibitions. (no information yet on E3 website).

Always wanted to got to E3... But it's expensive D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol