Convention guys?

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only been to SuperNova and I must say I was disapointed. Mass amounts of diehard fans of a certain anime, mass amounts of advertisments and merchandise from Madman Entertainment and alot of hipsters who turned up because anime is cool, but they couldn't tell what a good series was besides the latest release on Cartoon Network at the time.

Kind of curious to attend Comicon, and I had planned to go to Blizzcon '12 with a few friends, but Blizzard said they won't be hosting it this year D:

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just worked at Anime Central over the weekend. It was alright; they have various booths that featured multiple animes, cool products, and whatnot, and had all kinds of panels over the course of 3 days (Johnny Yong Bosch autograph signing). Even Eric Maruscak was there. Being my first actual convention though, I was surprised by the sheer amount of crossplayers and bronies.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Went to that Science fair at South Kensington (although I wouldn't call it a fair, since it was pretty much a full-fledged museum). I also went to that Computing Employment fair that my college had 3 years ago. Was fun, got a lot of freebies and some tryouts for the Royal Navy (on the computing side of things) but never got round to using them.

The main one for me was my first trip to Eurogamer Expo last year. I went to 3 out of 4 days and it was a blast! The first one I went alone as I wanna experience how being in a gaming convention is like. It was epic! Got to see upcoming games, tried them out, got LOTS of freebies (from a free OnLive console, game demos, T-shirts, merch, a plastic ocarina from the Zelda people, discount vouchers, free magazines and more). There's so much things to do and 8 hours isn't enough to fully experience it. The other 2 days, I went with friends and it was more of an impulse buy for them as they saw me posting pics of stuff on Facebook and they all went "Dude, we should go tomorrow!". I just booked myself a Super Pass, meaning 10-6PM on all 4 dates this year. Have to say it was my first gaming convention, and it's been memorable!

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Star Trek convention in Raleigh in '94 I think.. had to see William Shatner.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeS4tVFbNNk[/youtube]

E3 in Atlanta in '97 back before they outlawed booth babes.
e3_01.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la