1. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

United States
    Do you have the stream still?

2. SkyBladeCloud

SkyBladeCloud GBAtemp Fan

Yes, it's on my YT channel, I'll delete them later today.
    I had to answer a couple of phone calls, so I interrupted it twice, that's why there are 3 videos for it:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWkB7o12d5oU4DXvcm0nozA?view_as=subscriber

Sorry to value my time. Also, there is a middle ground between 500000 views and 50 (specially after 24 hours XD). I have worked on dozens of projects and I know if they worth it or not, based on the impact they have on the media. This is not the case. There have been even cases of games I didn't even know and had such huge demanding that I ended up creating the tools for them, such as Corpse Party (now translated into Russian) and Dragoneers Aria (now in Spanish using my tools). Yes, those two had more expectations that GE2.

~Sky

Last edited by SkyBladeCloud, Apr 30, 2018
    Ariff Tsukasa and DarthDub like this.
  3. tiamat999

tiamat999 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Someone download quick god eater 2 on ppsspp is to good to miss

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

At least give people the files so someone else can try please dont make this the psp2 infinity patch ver2

4. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a lot of respect for you still @SkyBladeCloud but he has a point. Gbatemp is the best place for people to look for fan patches,hacks and translations. I understand you want viewers but coding is PISS boring, no one would watch for then a minute :wacko::wtf:. I don't doubt your skills just your integrity a little, If you really need support do some PayPal ish like a few other coders do. Regardless, I'm useless to the scene. I'm here for hand outs from more talented people like yourself dog :bow:.
    Buuuut, maybe release that 35-40% tho :ninja::rofl2:.

5. asferot

asferot Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Yea. Coding streams are crap to be honest. After watching one stream long ago where one of Minecraft devs was doing some coding, I understood that Im never gonna watch anyone stream coding. It was coma inducingly boring.

Last edited by asferot, May 2, 2018
  6. AlternativeZero

AlternativeZero GBAtemp Regular

@SkyBladeCloud just wondering since you already done some work on it, if would it be possible for you to help the Kuriimu team work out on unpacking and repacking the archive since there is plans to undub the Vita ports as it's already complete localization-wise.

Last edited by AlternativeZero, May 2, 2018
    DarthDub likes this.
  7. SkyBladeCloud

WTF I don't even know how to take that, LOL :rofl2:. Also, no, I don't need monetary support. I actually got the game and a PSP again, but not specifically to do the project. Granted, doing it the legal way would also require both Vita versions (EUR / JAP) as well as a (modified) Vita, but I'm not planning on getting those any time soon. That would be the only use of any possible donation for this project and IMHO their price greatly exceed the usefulness of a hypothetical patch anyway...

I might do it but after polishing it a little, gotta admit during the stream I was pretty hasty and don't like the result that much, even though it serves the purpose (specially extraction and decompression, which seem to work perfectly fine both), there is enough filed for improvement code-wise.
    This is when a Open Source repository may come in handy...

RY0M43CH1Z3N, Jaypz, Manana and 3 others like this.
  8. mileyrock2

mileyrock2 bara lover

United States
    whats the progress for everything like are menus done?

9. Moise

Moise Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    @SkyBladeCloud You are the actual coder of the Patch if I understand ^^'
    I think you are buzzy and you have to do other things than this patch
    But please give me a little estimation of the progress of the patch .-.
    (If I did some mistake in my reply, I'm sorry but I'm French and I don't speak english very well ^^')

10. Jaypz

Jaypz Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    @SkyBladeCloud I just knew your YT channel and imma sub right now though I missed your stream

11. Moise

Moise Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    The project is dead ? ;-;

yuyuyup likes this.
  12. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

United States
    @SkyBladeCloud Hows that open source repository going? Have you changed your mind on that and decided to finish it yourself? Also, your plan was just to translate menus/equipment/material related stuff right?

13. asferot

asferot Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Yup. Because we did not give Sky enough likes and views. ...I wish I was joking.

14. True Echo

True Echo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Its not big deal poeople this game is total cash rip of sequel:( Boring characters, trash story, REPETITIVE AS HELL - every araragami have like 5 diffrent colored versions...

15. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Monster Hunters arent about story and fans of the genere don't care about repetition. New gameplay additions, new enemies and new areas are what most of us want. All we need are menus, items and equipment translated for that.

16. riesyukira

riesyukira GBAtemp Regular

Cool story bro tell me more.

17. asferot

asferot Advanced Member
    Newcomer

That is weird thing to say for a guy with Monster Hunter Avatar... MH is basically the same, but I have thousands of hours on MH games. Tho God Eater is kinda worse for different reasons.

daxtsu likes this.
  18. True Echo

True Echo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Monster hunter is superior in everything. God eater is just medicore clone.

19. SkyBladeCloud

Or... Because no one's payed me for it :D... Or.. because I don't really have a reason to hack the game for a third time,,, Or... whatever I choose within my full right to employ my free time as I consider fit.
    In any case it's pretty lame to blame me for the death of a project that I didn't even start.
    You know there are more people in these forums arms crossed, right? Anyone can learn, hack and translate it... Including yourself... Why haven't you done it?

Actually this is a reason for not doing it!

Last edited by SkyBladeCloud, Jul 22, 2018
    Ariff Tsukasa and JamRules like this.
  20. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What's your purpose? Are you trying to get him to not do the hack so he can hack something else? If so than just make your request and stop shitting on the progress of another hack. God eater is a good change of pace if you've played just about every Monster Hunter except frontier like myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - translation, Continuing, eater