1. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I agree with you 100% everyone annoyed that it might not happen can't really do shit to make it happen, myself included. I think people are all over you about it because when they post their translation requests in the correct thread it never sees the light of day. Your 1 of like 5 semi-currently active hackers who seem to still care about PSP games. There's @JamRules, @Aegehn and friends and there's you (or not). I really don't mean this in a sarcastic way but what will you be doing in your free time if this hack gets abandoned again? I humbly request that you consider picking up the tales of the world 2 and 3 eng patches like you did with this game, everything but story is already in English. And maybe release that 35 to 40% tho :creep:

LSOE likes this.
  2. Arlis05

Arlis05 Wandering Crystal Chronicler
    Newcomer

Canada
    honestly at this point i'll take my chances with a translation of Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity.

LSOE likes this.
  3. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why not both? These kinds of posts push him more and more to abandon (if he hasn't already). Take your chances learning Japanese in case neither of them happen.

LSOE likes this.
  4. ExCloud

ExCloud Newbie
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    @SkyBladeCloud can you share that's software? I want to start my own project, but I am new at romhack, may you can help me? And sorry for my bad language.

LSOE likes this.
  5. Zaeda84

Zaeda84 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    To @SkyBladeCloud, thank you very much for the effort and we really appriciate what you've done for this very OLD game.
    I am from the philippines, not a hacker/coder but want to be someday. Many of us here are actually waiting for this project to at least come to a release even if it's just basic menus, names for items, bullets, guns, etc. Sadly we don't have the money that we Want to donate to help you.
    This is a GREAT game by it's own right.
    We wish you could help us out to play this game and understand better be this in english.
    Please don't be discouraged or be disrupted by those silly comments about which game is greater/better. I personaly love the gameplay.
    If I could do things like you and others could like coding and hacking, i really would help everyone out on this project, sadly, yeah, i'm no brainer. I dont have the budget for a pc or internet.... Welcome to the philippines. Soon though if i can, i would want to help.
    Thank you again for taking the time of digging out this old proj and i hope you won't burry it. Please take your time to polish it. "It doesn't have to be perfect". Playable in english is what we're actually gripping for.
    Good day and God Bless!

Sterben19, LSOE and Manana like this.
  6. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm in basic combat training for the army right. Haven't had my phone in 2 months. Can't wait to see progress on this when I get out

Sterben19 and LSOE like this.
  7. Zero Dozer

Zero Dozer Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Uh, I think I saw him saying on Reddit that he (Sky, I mean, I'm not sure about the OP) has quit translating games.

Also, if I'm not wrong, we had an English Steam release of the update. Running the risk of sounding like a dick, is there any reason left to play the PSP one instead aside from someone not having a strong enough machine?

LSOE likes this.
  8. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No not really. I guess one reason, aside from having a weak machine that can't handle games, is that I don't take it everywhere I go unlike my psp go. Psp is an all time classic, it's too nostalgic to let go of plus if I ever learn to read Japanese there's a whole new library of games availbe to me on the psp/ps1.

LSOE, m4rc0 and tyrantnyx like this.
  9. Zero Dozer

Zero Dozer Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I need to start getting serious on learning Japanese as well. I know a whole franchise that I would like to play from a certain Idea Factory.

LSOE and Manana like this.
  10. riesyukira

riesyukira GBAtemp Regular

Also the PSP is one durable mofo!
    Mines 5 years old now (going 6 six next year!) and it still works!

As a fellow PSP user have you tried the Picodrive Emulator?
    You really have to try playing some Sega CD RPGs on there!

LSOE, Manana, tyrantnyx and 1 other person like this.
  11. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have, but my phone is were I play everything other than psp/ps1. My galaxy s8+ still chokes on god of war. I have never really played sega cd specifacally, I'll check it out tho.

LSOE and riesyukira like this.
  12. riesyukira

I tried playing GameCube (Dolphin Emulator) and PS2 (DamonPS2) on my brother in law's S8+ DUOS and i couldn't get any decent frame rate and are virtually unplayable.. I'm getting a different phone called pocophone f1, and from what I could find it runs pretty well on most emulators including PPSSPP.

LSOE and Manana like this.
  13. Sterben19

Sterben19 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Damn im so sad i wish i have a patch of GE2 in English Why Indo had their own patched one???

(LOL IM JUST REVIVING THIS THING CAUSE I THINK ITS DEAD)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Im playing GE2 in JPN and WATCHING their cutscenes without Knowing what are they talking about.

Manana likes this.
  14. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

United States

15. Sterben19

Sterben19 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Man i hope there is a team that will do it

(LOOK ON THE SCREENSHOT)

Attached Files:

luckymouse0 likes this.
  16. Raytheon_Thunder

Newcomer

Bangladesh
    Nobody is interested in translating this huh?
    Such a shame....

17. qwikrazor87

qwikrazor87 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm interested in a few translation projects, but I currently do not have a laptop or handhelds. :|

Raytheon_Thunder and m4rc0 like this.
  18. ProjectXsent

ProjectXsent Member
    Newcomer

Good thing that the one who translates Toukiden Kiwami (hoaitrung97) is interested in God Eater 2.

19. riesyukira

Yeah but he/she's going to charge you for it lol

If you really want him/her to do it then by all means pay for his/her electricity/internet bills as its the only thing hindering him/her from making this happen..

Last edited by riesyukira, Dec 31, 2019
  20. Kakashi7037

Kakashi7037 Newbie
    Newcomer

India
    Hello there, well I'm totally new to this but interested to help translating the game.

First of all I don't know Japanese so pls forgive me.
    Second I'm a student but I'm a Programmer as well although I don't know much about these stuff but I would like to dive in this world to enjoy the dream to play this game(God Eater 2) while understanding every text.

So pls kindly reply to this message and tell me pls what to do

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - translation, Continuing, eater