ROM Hack Continuing Smash Bros. TURBO'D

xirtamehtsitahw

Trophies
I simultaneously exist across all moments in time.
XP
Country
United States
^This is true, but I just wish someone could go in and determine which addresses do what, and so we can then make our own adjustments, and the number of 3DS Sm4sh mods would explode. I'd love to see some of the Legendary Pokemon in the game become playable. Zekrom versus Reshiram versus Kyurem? Lugia versus Ho-oh? Mew versus Celebi? Yes, please!

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^This is true, but I just wish someone could go in and determine which addresses do what, and so we can then make our own adjustments, and the number of 3DS Sm4sh mods would explode. I'd love to see some of the Legendary Pokemon in the game become playable. Zekrom versus Reshiram versus Kyurem? Lugia versus Ho-oh? Mew versus Celebi? Yes, please!
... well, I guess not everyone has the same opinion.

xirtamehtsitahw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, given that Lugia (and most of the other Legendaries I listed) would be much larger than the average character (more on the level of Giga Bowser), it would be a bit clunky to try to play as them. And besides...you'd have to build custom movesets just for them. Not exactly easy.

However, seeing custom models for pre-existing characters (like Flygon and Goodra over Charizard) would be cool.

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, given that Lugia (and most of the other Legendaries I listed) would be much larger than the average character (more on the level of Giga Bowser), it would be a bit clunky to try to play as them. And besides...you'd have to build custom movesets just for them. Not exactly easy.

However, seeing custom models for pre-existing characters (like Flygon and Goodra over Charizard) would be cool.
... Flygon over Charizard I understand, but Goodra? That makes absolutely no sense. Also, neither of them are in Smash 4 as a model with bones, so people would have to import the bones from Charizard onto either the trophies in Smash 4 or the Pokemon models, which is currently impossible for Smash 3DS.
Anyway, from here on out, can we keep discussion topics related to Turbo'd? If you want vertex hacks of Smash 3DS, please make another thread.

xirtamehtsitahw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about taking the thread off-topic. But, is there possibly a way to replace default movesets with characters' custom moves (so Charizard doesn't take damage from using side-B, for example)? And make the game think those custom moves are part of each character's default moveset? (So Yoshi finally has a proper third jump, among other improvements.)

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about taking the thread off-topic. But, is there possibly a way to replace default movesets with characters' custom moves (so Charizard doesn't take damage from using side-B, for example)? And make the game think those custom moves are part of each character's default moveset? (So Yoshi finally has a proper third jump, among other improvements.)
You can, all youd have to do is swap the code for SpecialS with SpecialS2 (in Side Special's case), effectively swapping the moves. There's no "tricking" involved at all.

Last edited by wuboy,

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's THAT easy? Wow. Looks like I might make a custom build of Sm4sh Turbo'd then. With improved specials.
I wanna see somebody get some crazy HRC scores with THIS.
Oh please, all you need to do is increase Ganon's Warlock Punch to have maximum knockback and you're set.

Reactions: joyoshi

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xirtamehtsitahw and anyone else that wants to use TURBO'D while still being able to switch back and forth between modded and non-modded Smash!

Check out this tool by @Cydget that I found on another thread, but don't worry about the "injector" or anything; just install the CIA from the link, rename your "smash" folder to "smash2" (IMPORTANT: Do this BEFORE putting on any additional files!), and extract the included Zip file directly into your SD card, merging files where neccessary.
@wuboy Could you add this to the OP as an option for people to use?

(oh, and I actually haven't tested this Zip yet; the program works and I think I set the zip up right, but I've never tested a blank cache.gen before; could someone just test this to make sure?)
In case you didnt see I updated it and made my own thread. It no longer relies on the injector to work, but instead uses luma3ds.
Check it out http://gbatemp.net/threads/smash-selector.431245/#post-6455755

justinbug2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im going to start a new project so have fun with this i think im just going to add whatever i like

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i just need all the orignal fighter bins i dont feel like dumping a game so if anyone could pm me a clean non edited fighter folder would be cool

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im going to start a new project so have fun with this i think im just going to add whatever i like

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i just need all the orignal fighter bins i dont feel like dumping a game so if anyone could pm me a clean non edited fighter folder would be cool
Go ahead, though I'd rather you make a different thread for that.

D

Deleted User

Such a fancy title screen :P
58W7oiX.png

Reactions: krz0001

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: There is an actual trailer with footage too. lol. Going to watch it tonight. Grabbed it from...