Hacking Contenthax - a Vulnerability in Wii U File System Verification

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No sorry I didnt where do I get the config txt from and instructions?
Simply create a .txt file from scratch and name it "config.txt" (without quotes).
Then put in the following inside the txt:
Code:
a=fw.img
b=rednand/fw.img
x=wiiu/apps/ftpiiu/ftpiiu.elf
down=wiiu/apps/snes9x2010_libretro/snes9x2010_libretro.elf
default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
YOu can change the buttons and the apps which boot to your liking, just be sure that they match in name and path.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Simply create a .txt file from scratch and name it "config.txt" (without quotes).
Then put in the following inside the txt:
Code:
a=fw.img
b=rednand/fw.img
x=wiiu/apps/ftpiiu/ftpiiu.elf
down=wiiu/apps/snes9x2010_libretro/snes9x2010_libretro.elf
YOu can change the buttons and the apps which boot to your liking, just be sure that they match in name and path.
Thanks How do I upload it to the rom? or does it just go on the route of your sd card?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks How do I upload it to the rom? or does it just go on the route of your sd card?
Open up wupclient.py by typing "python -i wupclient.py" in Windows' cmd, then follow these instructions:
Fix94 said:
To upload a config.txt as well you will have to do the following if the title is installed on NAND:

w.up("config.txt", "/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID/content/config.txt")
w.chmod("/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID/content/config.txt", 0x644)

and for the title being installed to USB you do the following:

w.up("config.txt", "/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID/content/config.txt")
w.chmod("/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID/content/config.txt", 0x644)

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Open up wupclient.py by typing "python -i wupclient.py" in Windows' cmd, then follow these instructions:
Thanks also can we change the configuration like below or does it have to be as you say and not be changed.

a=wupserver/fw.img
b=rednand/fw.img
x=wiiu/apps/wupinstaller/wupinstaller.elf
y=wiiu/apps/saviine/saviine.elf
down=wiiu/apps/nnupatcher/nnupatcher.elf
up=wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/loadiine_gx2.elf

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks also can we change the configuration like below or does it have to be as you say and not be changed.

a=wupserver/fw.img
b=rednand/fw.img
x=wiiu/apps/wupinstaller/wupinstaller.elf
y=wiiu/apps/saviine/saviine.elf
down=wiiu/apps/nnupatcher/nnupatcher.elf
up=wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/loadiine_gx2.elf
Yes, that looks about right :)
It should work.

Now just remember that the config.txt file goes inside GAMEID/content/config.txt, NOT inside the 0010 folder.

Reactions: Reecey

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK got it, thanks for the help!
Sure, you're welcome!

On a side note, does someone have the bootSound.btsnd file which plays a short 3 sec or so jingle instead of the one with the Homebrew Channel song from the Wii?
That's the only file I'm missing to finish my custom VC injection :P

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Sure, you're welcome!

On a side note, does someone have the bootSound.btsnd file which plays a short 3 sec or so jingle instead of the one with the Homebrew Channel song from the Wii?
That's the only file I'm missing to finish my custom VC injection :P

I only have the wii jingle I would like something shorter, its a bit annoying and overhangs the intro screen.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@ShadowOne333 Just checking with you are you sure you are supposed to put both of these commands below in wupserver for the config txt like you said for usb are these correct before I do it:-

w.up("config.txt", "/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/10179C00/content/config.txt")
w.chmod("/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/10179C00/content/config.txt", 0x644)

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unrelated side note, but is it possible to use wupclient to inject vc games? Thought id ask before doing it

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I only have the wii jingle I would like something shorter, its a bit annoying and overhangs the intro screen.

@ShadowOne333 Just checking with you are you sure you are supposed to put both of these commands below in wupserver for the config txt like you said for usb are these correct before I do it:-

w.up("config.txt", "/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/10179C00/content/config.txt")
w.chmod("/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/10179C00/content/config.txt", 0x644)
Yes that's correct!

@ShadowOne333 When I put this line in wupserver> w.chmod("/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/10179C00/content/config.txt", 0x644) it says there is no such attribute?
Did you download haxchi's latest wupclient.py file?
That's the one with chmod in it.

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now I'm regretting listing to a woman on what game I should download lol I debating on new super Mario,mario kart ds or super Mario 64 and she says super Mario 64 damn lol oh well

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
you did not need to go that far, as long as you backup the meta first you can always use loadiine.ovh to boot HBL then launch CFWBooter. From there you can restore the original meta or try custom meta again.

those 3MB files take 15-20 to copy, it takes a really long time for a file that small.
Does anybody know how to back up our existing meta using wupserver? I'm not really familiar with how it or Python works in great detail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa https://youtu.be/BKLXOGhXrj4?si=4kXpeyCfxwL_k3qC