Constructive demolition

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

Well, as I suspected work was great fun today. I logged official written complains against both my supervisor and my boss. My boss because he's pretty much stealing from me with the recent wages issue (see previous blog) and Tony...well, aside from anything else he spent the day screaming at me for not selling enough shoecare when in fact I was outselling him by a ratio of six to one. So...yeah, written complaints against both of them handed directly to the regional manager in person. Should be fun. I explained it pretty well in my last blog so look that up, I can't be bothered to repeat myself.

In other news,

- I've begun work on my novel. Seems obvious that fanfiction never actually makes money, so time to work with original characters. Well, I say original, it's actually based on a true story and most of the characters are people I know, one of which is actually a variation of me (saves working out a detailed character profile
tongue.gif
), although naturally a LOT of liberties have been taken. I'm not giving details, simply because you could steal them and that'd really fuck up my plans to sell it when it's done. You never know, might get me somewhere. Besides, you're not a true intellectual unless you have a published book, right?
tongue.gif

Right now I have the character profiles and the basic chapter guide set out, and I've begun working on the first chapter. I'm trying to write it as a multi-faceted story, with each of the four lead characters each having their own journeys to go through, which all come to a rather epic finale at an event in the final chapters. Going for the emotional rollercoaster theme, and as such I've given each lead character a different pain to deal with, but all four are linked together throughout the years of the story, with the final event being the big reunion where everything comes to a climax. Whether I can manage it depends on my writing skills but if I can get it working then that's a sure fire sell in this age of books about child abuse with titles like 'Daddy, no!'. At least mine might have a joke or two thrown in so it's not suicide inducing.

Oddly there is a book published in my name but it wasn't me that wrote it. Another guy shares my name. He's a famous biologist. Might get a copy of his book for my shelf so I can show off to any girls I bring back to the house. They won't know the difference
tongue.gif

- Nanaki has finally had his last innoculation jab, but he still isn't allowed out for walks for another fortnight as the vaccines can take time to actually start protecting him. FFS. Got a perfectly good dog and I can't even walk him because this city is such a shit hole. Trying my best to keep him amused but it isn't going well.

- Yuna dropped by this morning before I went to work 'cause she wanted to play with Nanaki. Which I admit sounds like a crossover fanfic, but please, no more jokes about her name, believe me we've heard them all, and thanks to Kai's filthy mind we've also seen several unpleasant images which he decided to present to her, asking if she was still pursuing a career in the arts. Hence why Kai is currently suffering from a trainer lodged in his testicles. Strangely my old man actually immediately shut up and started acting like a civilized human being instead of the knuckel dragging unemployable wretch he really is. Nice to know that I can bring girls in without him making a complete twat out of himself like he used to.

Well, not much else going on to be honest. Got 3 days off work so I'm gonna work on my novel. Might also play some 3DS, get a bit further in Ridge Racer. Toodles
smile.gif

Blaze.

'Well, he was wearing a scuba diving outfit, and he had a very thick French accent. I believe he may have been a frogman.' - Eddie, Bottom Live 3 Hooligan's Island.

D

Deleted_171835

I thought about this video once I read the title.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtIjUn7_erY&feature=related[/youtube]

Also, I lol'd at the quote at the bottom.
laugh.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
After taking a brief look around the net, it seems entirely possible to publish the book without the aid of a huge multinational corporation, therefore one way or the other this book will see the light of day when finished. The only problem is that I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my writings. I finished the first draft of my FF7 fanfic 'Requiem' about four years ago, rewrote that version to add more detail to the scenery descriptions and the like, and then decided the story as a whole just wasn't deep enough, which is when the character of Raven came into play, a new character unique to this latest version, which I hope to be the final one. Right now Requiem is simply awaiting a final proof read then it's pretty much done. Taken about six or seven years total, on and off, but damn it's good.

My alternate reality fanfic needs some work as well, but it really doesn't have the potential the novel has for outstanding depth and emotional pull, so I think I'll be focussing on the novel and finish the fanfics some other time.

So..yeah, I'll let you know when it's finished, if you want a copy when it's done just gimme a shout and I'll see what I can do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-