Hardware Constant clicking in my Wii...

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've sort of noticed this happening ever since I got my Wii... I never did anything funky with it, never opened it, dropped it, kicked it, exposed it to water, etc. etc.

For some reason, it has problems either reading a disc, or it will constantly go "click...click...click...click" like the disc is trying it's hardest to read... but it can't, since upon release they had their robots working overtime and I'm sure I just got a defective system.

Anyway, upon it's constant clicking, which scares the hell out of me because I know soon enough my Wii will just bust, a screen pops up and says "Please reset the game, your disc cannot be read" or something along those lines.

What in the fux. Any ideas?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Call Ninty... they'll have you send your system in, and they'll send you a new one.

Your save games will be copied over, as well as your Mii's, but you won't be able to edit your Mii's... since they came from a different Wii.

All your downloaded channels will be gone, but they will transfer your Shop ID to the new console, so you just have to download everything agian, and it won't cost anything.

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Really? Is this some kind of known problem that they are aware of? I've never had friends or anyone else having this problem, but man... it sucks to know my system could just die at any second. Once I get the new one, though... I think it'll be time for my first modchip
biggrin.gif

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I also noticed that some newer systems have an orange light on the Wii when you hit Power to power it down, for some reason mine is either solid red, or solid green. I see no orange.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Veloxi said:
I also noticed that some newer systems have an orange light on the Wii when you hit Power to power it down, for some reason mine is either solid red, or solid green. I see no orange.

That is because those systems have WiiConnect 24 on, you can turn it on in the menu.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
Orange L.E.D. indicates a connection to wiiconnect24. Although sometimes mine stays orange even when there is no connection. I think wiiconnect24 is a joke...as all it does it tell you when there is a change, and it never downloads anything big. What a waste, to have your system running standy like that all the time, overheating it, for nothing...lol

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, if you have a MyNintendo account you can reregister it to the new Wii, I suggest you do send it in though. Nintendo usally does this, just say it started doing this after blah blah month.
smile.gif

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Volkov said:
Orange L.E.D. indicates a connection to wiiconnect24. Although sometimes mine stays orange even when there is no connection. I think wiiconnect24 is a joke...as all it does it tell you when there is a change, and it never downloads anything big. What a waste, to have your system running standy like that all the time, overheating it, for nothing...lol

Messages sent via the Wii Message Board are downloaded automatically when WiiConnect24 is on.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
But i hear a lot of problems occurring from overheating and such. It seems like the feature could of been written better. Maybe this was just release-era consoles, im not sure....

atomiccow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Volkov said:
But i hear a lot of problems occurring from overheating and such. It seems like the feature could of been written better. Maybe this was just release-era consoles, im not sure....

I have a pretty old console and it would heat up pretty good if I left Wiiconnect24 on. I turned it off to install my chip and haven't turned it back on since.

neo_hito

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
exsphere.net
XP
Country
CLICKING NOISE! it was a sign....

Mine made clicky noise whenever a disc is inside the wii, lasted for about 3 days.

Day 3: In the middle of playing Endless Ocean, suddenly it stops and the screen says bad disc read (or something)
since then I've braved myself to opening the case, dismantled it upto the drive part... couldn't figure out what's wrong
but what's happening is that the drive couldn't keep the disc locked in the drive, it kept spewing it back out.

Months later:
Bored with nothing to do, decided to take another look. Search around the net and found... this
Apparently one of the cheap plastic cog that kept the disc locked broke apart, it still spins, sucking the disc in but will never be able to keep it locked
sleep.gif

So now my wii is kept alive by pushing some of the plastic in manually when I want to insert a disc.

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well with my wii it makes clicking noises and gave me quite a few reading errors. When I first got it I played it sitting in the stand, but I noticed it reads stuff a lot better when it's lying flat. Dunno if that helps you out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @light27, it's actually tommorrow but thx