Hacking Question Console Won't Boot after Restore - What are my Options

moosethemucha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I wanted to restore my NAND backup, but I think I've soft-locked the console. I made a backup ages ago - I think I've either misplaced them or they weren't taken (Whats weird is I made the backup using hekate - then used dd to create a disk image - so I can't have lost the files - they were probably never taken)

now when I boot the console it just goes has a black screen or any CFW boot option (reiNX and atmosphere) or if I try to boot into Normal mode, nothing happens. The files I have from my backup are

BOOT0
BOOT1

BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main
BCPKG2-2-Normal-Sub
BCPKG2-3-SafeMode-Main
BCPKG2-4-SafeMode-Sub
BCPKG2-5-Repair-Main
BCPKG2-6-Repair-Sub

I'm missing (these are the files that are shown to be missing when doing the restore.)

PRODINFO
PRODINFOF
SAFE
SYSTEM
USER

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully I don't need to buy another switch.

moosethemucha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT 2:

Only Weird thing now is that it wont boot into Horizon cold. I can via hekate but not from cold, It doesn't go into RCM simply won't boot.

Yeah I thought the PRODINFO PRODINFOF - they sound important - I'll scan though my backups and see if I can find those files. If I can I should be able to complete the backup ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT1:

I FUCKEN FOUND EM - timemachine to the fucking rescue - lets hope they aren't corrupted - will keep you guys posted

upload_2018-10-7_17-2-29.png

Last edited by moosethemucha,

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Only Weird thing now is that it wont boot into Horizon cold. I can via hekate but not from cold, It doesn't go into RCM simply won't boot.
If you updated the system in OFW or an old version of SX OS your fuses will be burnt. As such, your console won't boot when a backup is restored with a lower system firmware version.
Hekate simply doesn't care about fuse checks.
What you need to do to fix this is simply updating your Switch to the same system firmware it was on before you restored your backup.
Use ChoiDujourNX.

Last edited by DarkKaine,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...