Question Console Won't Boot after Restore - What are my Options

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by moosethemucha, Oct 7, 2018.

1. moosethemucha
    OP

moosethemucha Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2011
    So I wanted to restore my NAND backup, but I think I've soft-locked the console. I made a backup ages ago - I think I've either misplaced them or they weren't taken (Whats weird is I made the backup using hekate - then used dd to create a disk image - so I can't have lost the files - they were probably never taken)

now when I boot the console it just goes has a black screen or any CFW boot option (reiNX and atmosphere) or if I try to boot into Normal mode, nothing happens. The files I have from my backup are

BOOT0
    BOOT1

BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main
    BCPKG2-2-Normal-Sub
    BCPKG2-3-SafeMode-Main
    BCPKG2-4-SafeMode-Sub
    BCPKG2-5-Repair-Main
    BCPKG2-6-Repair-Sub

I'm missing (these are the files that are shown to be missing when doing the restore.)

PRODINFO
    PRODINFOF
    SAFE
    SYSTEM
    USER

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully I don't need to buy another switch.

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If you're missing PRODINFO, you might as well buy a new console because that's 100% console-unique.

loler55 likes this.
  3. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    Well, err, you can still use lakka.

4. moosethemucha
    OP

moosethemucha Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2011
    EDIT 2:

Only Weird thing now is that it wont boot into Horizon cold. I can via hekate but not from cold, It doesn't go into RCM simply won't boot.

Yeah I thought the PRODINFO PRODINFOF - they sound important - I'll scan though my backups and see if I can find those files. If I can I should be able to complete the backup ?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

EDIT1:

I FUCKEN FOUND EM - timemachine to the fucking rescue - lets hope they aren't corrupted - will keep you guys posted

upload_2018-10-7_17-2-29.

Last edited by moosethemucha, Oct 7, 2018
    woofmute, Hoppy and Gunz4Hire like this.
  5. mattytrog

mattytrog Not on my watch.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Check entropy against a key dump in hacdiskmount

6. DarkKaine

DarkKaine GBAtemp Fan

Dec 1, 2014
    Netherlands
    If you updated the system in OFW or an old version of SX OS your fuses will be burnt. As such, your console won't boot when a backup is restored with a lower system firmware version.
    Hekate simply doesn't care about fuse checks.
    What you need to do to fix this is simply updating your Switch to the same system firmware it was on before you restored your backup.
    Use ChoiDujourNX.

Last edited by DarkKaine, Oct 7, 2018