Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would like to connect my 360 to my computer monitor. My model is Compaq WF-1907 and has both a VGA port and dvi-d port. I am having many issues with getting it to work as I wish to be able to run both in tandem but neither have the correct attachment to connect to the dvi-d port. So I am asking you, fellow members of GBAtemp to help me. I have already bought the VGA cables and am currently just swaping them around but in the future, I would prefer a better solution.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would suggest using a KVM switch with USB and audio support. Then you can just use the keyboard to switch between 360 and the PC.

I have a setup like this, it's very convenient.

Edgedancer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Could you give me a link to your one as I want a simple one? Also, how do you choose to switch; do you just put in a certain keyboard command or what?

EDIT: Would this one work?

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Edgedancer said:
Could you give me a link to your one as I want a simple one? Also, how do you choose to switch; do you just put in a certain keyboard command or what?
I'm currently using D-Link's KVM-221. To switch between sources, you just press "Scroll Lock" twice (you'll hear a beep), then right arrow.

Edgedancer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not really. I have read that it is really random as to whether an adapter will work so it would be hit and miss with buying it. Plus, the dvi-d port seems to be the most difficult to convert.

Plus, I had gift cards and I couldn't wait of rsomething to ship.
tongue.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Personally I find it easy to convert between the various forms (VGA, DVI, even HDMI) just by going to the local computer fair and snooping around. They've got an adaptor for everything!

The solution I use for an old monitor with VGA is the VGA cable plugged into the underside of the monitor (the other monitor I have needs a VGA coupler because the wire is hard-connected). For the sound, I've got a few RCA-minijack adaptors with a minijack coupler to plug into speakers if the monitor doesn't have them built in. Fortunately all my monitors do, but my friend's does not.

That said, my favourite method is simple - I have literally everything (except PS3 which I don't own) plugged into my LG Flatron M2294D LCD TV. Primary comp and 360 though HDMI, Laptop through DVI, Tablet Laptop through VGA, older Xboxes or Wii through composite, PS2, DC and GC through scart, PS1 through aerial............ problem solved, just need the remote to flip between them all
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!