Misc Connecting to internet via ad-hoc network

assassincy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I am trying to connect to the internet via my laptop's wi-fi by setting up internet sharing, but i'm not having much luck. I'm not even sure if it can be done. It's just that I need to have this kind of set up because I access my internet via a USB "mobile broadband" device that i connect directly from my laptop.

I think my ad-hoc set up on my laptop is okay, as I am able to create an access point and I can connect/view the connection with another laptop and with my wii.

Only problem is, I am not sure why the internet part isn't working even though I have set up my active internet connection to be shared. I am pretty sure that my wii can connect to the network because i can detect, select and input the security key. It only fails on the internet connecction testing part.

Anyone got a step by step guide to get this to work?

Also, sorry if I am not making sense, coz i'm rather noob to this. Let me know if there's anything that needs to be clarified.

Thanks in advance for your help.

iamaya2

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have the exact same problem as assassincy. I have a Sony Ericsson MD300 mobile broadband modem and I have Vista on my Laptop. I created the ad-hoc network and my wii detected it. The problem is that the network test fails
frown.gif
I will really appreciate some help about it. I really need internet to change my firmware to 3.2u or at least a way to do it off-line....
wink.gif

Thx in advance...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34