Connect to a wii from a PC

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by B.B.Link, Jun 7, 2013.

1. B.B.Link
    OP

B.B.Link GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2013
    United States
    Colorado
    I have a faulty HDD outlet (the part that you plug in to the cord) and it takes me forever to get it to connect to the Wii. I have to hold out until at least the end of August to get a new HDD, but until then, I was wondering is there a PC program that allows you to access your Wii's sd and usb from your PC so that I can transfer files from the PC to the Wii without having to unplug the sd or usb from the Wii every time I need to move something. It's the reason why my HDD outlet is screwed anyway. Thanks in advance.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Yeah, I've used WiiXplorer or whatever as an FTP file manager so I can update and edit files on my Wii's HDD/SD from my PC through FTP.
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiXplorer

EDIT: To specify, WiiXplorer can run an FTP server, and you use an FTP client on the PC.

3. Triumph627

Triumph627 All sweet & honeycomb

Newcomer
    May 21, 2013
    United States
    The Comatorium

^What he said.

4. B.B.Link
    OP

B.B.Link GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2013
    United States
    Colorado
    Know any tutorials on how to set up a FTP client on a PC? I got filezilla, but I don't know how to set it up.

EDIT never mind, I got it. thanks

5. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    I can never get WiiXplorer to work as an FTP client, it gives me a code dump. I would use FTPii. And couldn't you just use an SD card adapter on your PC to transfer your files?

6. B.B.Link
    OP

B.B.Link GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2013
    United States
    Colorado
    Its not so much my sd card I can transfer. Its my hdd that's faulty.

7. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    I think the only one I used was FTPii. It works, but transfering files to the Wii is always very slow because the Wii's WiFi is very slow. Don't know if the LAN adapter is significantly faster, never had one.
    At least one of the mentioned FTP servers for the Wii should work out of the box, if not feel free to ask again for help.
    As for the PC side, just fill in the IP of your Wii into the address field and that should be it.