BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The interent is capable of some pretty impressive things. Like bringing us all together on social media sites, allowing us to never need to leave our homes again to go shopping, and even a petition to get Justin Beiber deported back to Canada. Its also capable of some pretty terrible things too. Any example from 4chan is enough. But this... This I have no idea where this lands.

The PC gaming community has begun to buy games that "Simulate" things, because we cant go outside, get jobs, or do things anymore. So we need simulators to do them for us. And its getting out of control. Did you see last weeks bundle? (only 16 hours to go at the time of this posting, so the link will be wrong tomorrow).

Last week Coffee Stain Studios was releasing "alpha" footage of the game "Goat Simulator". Because jokes. Vulpes showed up, posted this video in the shoutbox and left. I haven't seen him since.

Well. I guess someone higher up in CSS got wind that the "alpha footage was spreading like wildfire and catching tons of hype, even as a joke. So they switched gears and placed the game on a full production conveyor belt. There are plans of the game coming to Steam this spring.

Coffee Stain describe the game as "like an old school skating game, except instead of being a skater, you're a goat, and instead of doing tricks, you wreck stuff."

I hope you are happy, internet.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Goat simulator...
I can't think of any reply that is funny, insightful or informative.
I'm sorta lost,
ea6.png

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
im going to be the fun spoiler...

this is just waste of some time and talent... if you had the knowledge to program something.. why waste your time. I wish i had the knowledge to program this good(my programming skills are still basic)... i have some much ideas just not the skills.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im going to be the fun spoiler...

this is just waste of some time and talent... if you had the knowledge to program something.. why waste your time. I wish i had the knowledge to program this good(my programming skills are still basic)... i have some much ideas just not the skills.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and shit like that.

For real, it's a $10 game. Assuming the guy(s) making this have jobs to sustain them and they're just doing this in their spare time, every $10 they make off of this is going to just be icing on the cake. This game looks hilarious, and if it's not your cup of tea than so be it; to call it a waste of time, though, I think is a bit harsh. I can't recall ever playing a game that's not a waste of time in that it granted me any real world benefit, they, just like this, are just a means of entertainment.

And damn if I'm not going to laugh my ass off like an entertained ten year old while playing this.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I blame franchise milking and spoiler videos that contain nothing but cutscènes for this situation. A spoiler of gameplay showing something that actually looks funny is creating a decent hype nowadays. :unsure:

As for a more serious reply: people buying it can't blame anyone that they didn't knew what they were getting. Besides...I'm sure there will actually be worse/more boring games out there...

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I blame franchise milking and spoiler videos that contain nothing but cutscènes for this situation. A spoiler of gameplay showing something that actually looks funny is creating a decent hype nowadays. :unsure:

As for a more serious reply: people buying it can't blame anyone that they didn't knew what they were getting. Besides...I'm sure there will actually be worse/more boring games out there...
People buying this would (hopefully?) just buy it for the comedy value, much like Surgeon Simulator.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q: Will there be multiplayer?

A: Sadly no, Goat Simulator is a very physics-heavy game, and that wouldn’t synchronise well in multiplayer.

Well, there goes my only reason for really even considering this game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1