Question Confused By Lakka ???

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by rp05, Aug 3, 2018.

1. rp05
    OP

rp05 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2018
    United States
    If this a stupid question or in the wrong place i apologize. My question is i keep looking for a N64 emulator for switch and Lakka shows up everywhere but the part i am confused about is all i see is problems with battery, sound etc. but also claims they are fixed am afraid to give it a go because of this. Can anyone verify it is working. Am using Switch 5.1.0 with SX PRO

Thanks Very much for any help!

2. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Mt. Celeste
    The battery issue was fixed. If your using SX os you probably won't have much luck booting laka. From what I understand SX os makes booting Linux really inconsistent

rp05 likes this.
  3. rp05
    OP

rp05 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2018
    United States
    Np thanks very much for the reply ! Do you know if there are any emulators like it or in the works with SX Compatibility?

4. Melon__Bread

Melon__Bread ~It's A Magik~

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    There are none the run on the native Horizon OS.
    Booting Linux/Lakka is your only option for right now

rp05 likes this.
  5. rp05
    OP

rp05 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2018
    United States

Ok thanks very much for the help

6. maxx488

maxx488 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2018
    Argentina
    Don't use lakka, unless you want dead pixels on your screen.. if that's the case then go ahead

7. jedifacekik2

jedifacekik2 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2018
    United States
    i have sx pro,you can use lakka just fine,nothing ever messed up for me

8. Sinon

Sinon "AutumnWolf!"

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    Wasn't that already fixed?

9. maxx488

maxx488 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2018
    Argentina
    No.. also no sound unless its bt and joycons dont charge.. good luck playing for half an hour.
    Just use retroarch guys

10. Dfroberts86

Dfroberts86 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    I have used lakka a ton and have no dead pixels. The joycons have a 20ish hour battery life, who cares if they don't charge for the few hours you play in lakka. Having a Bluetooth speaker works great.

Also, my main use of lakka is for n64 and psp, both are not possible with retroarch. For all the other consoles, retroarch is great, but there are good reasons to use lakka.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

11. Kukielka

Kukielka GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2018
    Germany
    @natinusala already confirmed that Hekate would be able to boot linux down the road, just wait. :)
    (Where's that chainloader btw?) :D

12. rp05
    OP

rp05 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2018
    United States
    Any Chance you can point me in right direction for retroarch ?

13. cyndor

cyndor GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2018
    United States
    Dude, you cannot be this lazy. The thread is on this same subforum and is one of the top topics.

maxx488 likes this.
  14. rp05
    OP

rp05 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2018
    United States
    Sorry Didnt see Retroarch for switch before all i saw was Lakka !

15. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    If you want to play N64 roms on your Switch, currently I believe Lakka is the only way to go. Audio only works via Bluetooth, other than that as long as you don't leave the screen on a menu or something like that for long periods of time you should be fine. You may have problems using SX OS to load it, I'd recommend just using TegraRCM GUI or something like that to boot it from your PC. You wouldn't be using TX's dongle, but you'd still use their jig if you didn't setup AutoRCM.

16. rp05
    OP

rp05 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2018
    United States
    Thanks Very Much for the reply. Will prob just wait to see if a steady emulator comes out !

17. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    Don't hold your breath, we have emulators for lots of consoles, but not N64. We're waiting on a open source graphics acceleration library to be released first. It could be a very long time before we see an N64 running off of Horizon, as much as I'd like to see one.

rp05 likes this.
  18. DevinG70

DevinG70 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2018
    United States
    By any chance, could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong with booting into lakka? I did everything to the letter in the instructions (aside from having auto rcm on) but whenever I use the .bat file it does it's thing but the switch stays black, at that point when I try using another payload it won't work, it's as if there's something already loaded on the switch, I know this because no payload will work until I hold down the power for a while like if I'm hard booting it

19. cjd280

cjd280 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2018
    United States
    Hey, I was having similar issues booting lakka. For me, if I launched the payload, it looked like nothing was happening. If I unplugged my usb cable from my mac, but left it plugged into the switch, that seemed to get it going. Not sure if that was a coincidence or not, but I did try it a few more times and that seemed to work. This was about a week ago when the nightly changed the location of the boot folder and you needed to copy over the coreboot.rom file. To be honest, I haven't tried it since then. The lack of sound and sleep is a real turn off. Every time I got bluetooth connected it would crash. There's also a RetroNX Discord that's very helpful.

20. aerios169

aerios169 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Mexico
    You can’t launch lakka with sx pro, you need to do vía USB. I have launched it before, it needs some fixes like the sound but is okay.

Ryu Kenshin likes this.