[Confirmed Untrue] Upcoming 8.0 fw bricking systems with auto rcm

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by oblid, Apr 15, 2019.

1. PHiLiPZ

PHiLiPZ GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2019
    Slovakia
    I didn’t know there was a way or reason to install AutoRCM on patched units. And non patched units are completely unaffected - worst case downgrade to a previous version, 7.0.1 should have the same amount of burnt fuses as 8.0.0.

I agree, warning, even though not at all true, won’t break consoles. It will scare people, that’s harm we could avoid. If warnings not based on the truth are ok, someone might say that version 9.0.0 will use it’s IP address to find out location and Nintendo’s agents will srrive, confiscate console and take the owner to custody. Should it not really be the truth it won’t do no harm based on the logic here.

2. Game_Over_Tom

Game_Over_Tom GBAtemp Regular

Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    I edited my post on the official TX forums removing the mention of the brick information. I hope this is enough to resolve all the pain making such an awful post has caused this other community that is NOT the TX support forums. I really hope you guys will recover from all the suffering my negligence has caused.

AngryCookie, ombus, PHiLiPZ and 3 others like this.
  3. rory2005

rory2005 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    What a warning will actually scare people to not update, Well if thats the case, My efforts were quite worthwhile then.

mathew77, PHiLiPZ and Switch_Maniac like this.
  4. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Boot hekate ———> install autoRCM. You can also enable it through homebrew apps (choi, reinx toolkit), atmosphere has protections against this though (SXOS and ReiNX currently don’t, they really should tho)

5. rory2005

rory2005 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    Anyway guys, Lets just be nice to each other and get along.

PHiLiPZ and Switch_Maniac like this.
  6. PHiLiPZ

PHiLiPZ GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2019
    Slovakia
    I have a brand new unopened Switch with 3.0.1 on the way, definitely hackable, so I didn’t research the possibility to run hekate on a patched unit. I thought that patched Switches don’t run any custom payload.

With patched I mean the ones with new Tegra chip revision, the one where fusee gelee doesn’t work.

Last edited by PHiLiPZ, Apr 16, 2019
  7. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    You can boot into hekate (or any other payload) on FG patched systems with Deja Vu

8. PHiLiPZ

PHiLiPZ GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2019
    Slovakia
    Which still isn’t publicly available afaik. Should change in a few days though.

9. Essasetic

Essasetic Your Local TX Fanboy Rebirth

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    So now the bricking debacle has run it's course. Now I wonder how long will it take for Atmosphere to support 8.0?

10. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    15th June?

11. PHiLiPZ

PHiLiPZ GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2019
    Slovakia
    I’d bet it’ll take Atmosphere a lot less than the paid alternative...

CloudLep likes this.
  12. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    On the contrary like a lot of people say tx steal atmo code so they just wait.
    And other cfw doesnt need to have "atmo time " for release.

13. Switch_Maniac

Switch_Maniac Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2018
    United States
    Seeing that there is no new key to crack, I doubt any CFW will take terribly long to update. OMG could you imagine if TX updated first?! :cry:

PHiLiPZ, gizmomelb and Hayato213 like this.
  14. Essasetic

Essasetic Your Local TX Fanboy Rebirth

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Would be quite the amusing situation. But it's unlikely. After all they can't even come up with their own exploits for the Switch (which is something that even Gateway could do)! ;)

PHiLiPZ likes this.
  15. Switch_Maniac

Switch_Maniac Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2018
    United States
    Only time will tell...

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted