[Confirmed Untrue] Upcoming 8.0 fw bricking systems with auto rcm

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by oblid, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2017
    Colombia
    I remember that I had difficulties to downgrade my console when I updated it without burning fuses, I had a copy of the Nand, but it did not work because I had not made a copy of Boot 0 and 1.
    If there is still a software modification solution in 8.x I will update it normally or wait for Emunand. I have the first Units that went on the market.

2. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Then there is no problems with AutoRCM. Deja Vu is completlely patched currently on 8.0 so no software solution for 8.X+ users at the moment. Just do a full backup (boot 0/1 and gpt raw) and zip them, rename them to a name you know. Then upgrade using ChoidujourNX (with AutoRCM on) and said firmwares that work with 8.0. You can later downgrade to 7.0.1 if you wish to use a software solution.

Ghost92 likes this.
  3. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    Bricking, AutoRCM, Deja Vu, software hacks, etc does not concern you since you have an unpatched switch. All you have to do is wait for Atmosphere to support 8.0 and you'll be able to update to 8.0 while continuing to use AutoRCM if you already do so. For now you can stay on whichever version you are and continue to enjoy homebrew.

Ghost92 likes this.
  4. urherenow
    This message by urherenow has been removed from public view by linuxares, Apr 16, 2019, Reason: Unnecessary.
    Apr 16, 2019
  5. rory2005

rory2005 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    You are pretty fucking rude for a moderator, I already stated I had made a mistake, does that count for nothing, Plus is Sciresm uneducated?

Switch_Maniac and Game_Over_Tom like this.
  6. Game_Over_Tom

Game_Over_Tom GBAtemp Regular

Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    @rory2005 it's not enough to be extra cautious and warn your user base. Folks here look for any reason to hate you for what you do if you are in any way associated with TX. Don't waste your time being rational here.

Switch_Maniac likes this.
  7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    argtdfgas.PNG
    Your post on the TX forum is pretty misleading to be honest, if you got an unpatched unit, running payload via RCM mode (fusee gelee exploit) won't brick you.

Last edited by Hayato213, Apr 16, 2019
    CloudLep and PHiLiPZ like this.
  8. Game_Over_Tom

Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    if you took the time to actually READ the post you would see that I clearly mention the brick is based on rumors and speculation and the post was made BEFORE 8.0 was released. I then locked that thread and made a new post once 8.0 did finally release.

I don't see the problem other than haters going on hating like they always do.

Last edited by Game_Over_Tom, Apr 16, 2019
    thaikhoa, Ra1d and Switch_Maniac like this.
  9. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Well it is still misleading.

10. rory2005

rory2005 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    Who's post?, I have already apologised for mine not being correct, Once again is this not enough for you guys?

11. Game_Over_Tom

Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    misleading in what way?

what's the absolute WORST that can happen because of my post?

12. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Gameover post on the TX forum is incorrect and misleading, that prove he fail proofreading it before even the actual firmware even drop, I rather trust SciresM on firmware than anyone in TX, At least I know SciresM knows his stuff, I worked with him before.

13. Mthodmn101

Mthodmn101 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Speculation and rumors at their core are misleading.... now we know what 8.0 actually does so everyone can move on

thaikhoa likes this.
  14. Game_Over_Tom

Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    This is misleading?
    -----
    Rumors in the scene are indicating that the next update could possibly introduce some more serious obstacles that could potentially brick consoles that have AutoRCM enabled. This is speculation right now, as we won't know for SURE until the firmware releases. For now, it is best to stay safe and STAY OFFLINE. Also decline any and all updates if you are prompted until news is posted here.
    -----

Get off your high horse and stop confusing inability to comprehend with being misleading.

gizmomelb likes this.
  15. Switch_Maniac

Switch_Maniac Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2018
    United States
    Jesus Christ. How is warning people misleading? It literally says "could" and "potentially". Never specified patched or unpatched. Never said it was 100%. This shit with TX is like beating a dead horse. Everyone says they're lying when they do say things, get made when they stay silent and bitch when they give a warning of potential issues. Get the fuck off it and find something else in your lives to bitch about. Go get some sun light and fresh air.

thaikhoa likes this.
  16. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    The line about autoRCM brick, you should mention patched unit not all unit out there, as you wont brick on RCMable unit out there, of course if you have a patched unit and it is on autoRCM obviously it will brick.

17. rory2005

rory2005 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    You know we all trust sciresm, The staff at tx do there best to try and help the userbase there, It was only a warning not to update, Regardless of whether it is factually incorrect, It is still a heads up, As game over has already stated, What harm can come from that warning

thaikhoa and Switch_Maniac like this.
  18. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    It is simple it is misleading , that why you got the OP creating topics like this over silly misleading info, if Gameover is gonna post at least get the correct info, you don't see SciresM provide misleading info. Usually for newer firmware people wait for it to drop and then examine them and provide info.

19. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    Well..uhm..misleading ? Yeah that's right, misleading, cuz reasons.

20. rory2005

rory2005 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    Explain?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It is still relevant not to update either type!

21. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Just go away, you are wasting people time.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted