Hacking [Confirmed] New Firmware update 5pm PDT

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
yea but those are dead consoles
and considering there isnt a way to actually block them on those consoles there is nothing they can do
They aren't dead at all, I use mine to update my cart all the time, and it works just as well to run my DSTWO. They didn't give a shit about it enough to not release another pokemon game for DS. The stockholders are interested in the 3DS end of things if at all.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They aren't dead at all, I use mine to update my cart all the time, and it works just as well to run my DSTWO. They didn't give a shit about it enough to not release another pokemon game for DS. The stockholders are interested in the 3DS end of things if at all.
A console can be dead without your personal device being broken. It just means it's unsupported, outdated and no new games are being developed for it anymore.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just because nintendo discontinued them doesn't mean they aren't available for purchase.
They are no longer offically available for purchase IIRC. Just because I may be able to get my hands on a working Dreamcast/ZX Spectrum/whatever doesn't mean it's not dead.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
They are no longer offically available for purchase IIRC. Just because I may be able to get my hands on a working Dreamcast/ZX Spectrum/whatever doesn't mean it's not dead.
Who cares? We're talking about DS mode flashcarts on the 3DS here. DS mode carts blocked on the 3DS is largely pointless to end-users when they can still run carts on the other consoles unhindered. If people really want to run these carts, Nintendo can do nothing about it. I do see what Jala and Pong are saying though, If Ninty chose to do nothing about it (even though it's futile anyway) it would just look bad for their business. So, it does come down to money (and reputation).

Anyway with all the bugs, this update sounds like total shit, especially since North America didn't get the content update that the others got? Yeah, I'll hold off, at least until DSTWO is confirmed unblocked again by mods over at Supercard

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
stupid stupid nintendo, not only do they waste their time blocking the dstwo yet again, they include these new stupid mii games that i have to pay for? then they put yet another stupid puzzle panel that i will never be able to complete, fuck you and your worthless updates nintendo.
Just because the update is stupid to you doesn't mean it's stupid for everyone else. And yeah, Nintendo is bad for trying to protect its own system? They already left you the DS/DSi for you to do whatever you want with it. Would people just stop complaining for ONE day? Just one day, people! It's like everyone is scouting for negativity! Don't want to lose your beloved R4 or DSTwo or whatever, don't update, easy as that. It's not like complaining will solve anything at all!

OscarRamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Actually they.can if they see a exploit in there security they can patch it and See if its the cause of the gateway

I'm pretty sure Gateway-3DS said that it's undetected...Or maybe i had a dream about it lol. Just don't update. I have sent them an email if it is safe to be on the newer firmware...just waiting for a reply.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Anyway with all the bugs, this update sounds like total shit, especially since North America didn't get the content update that the others got? Yeah, I'll hold off, at least until DSTWO is confirmed unblocked again by mods over at Supercard

you are not missing much and you have to pay for it anyway.

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then why make allegations tho?
so many places just saying ALL BLOCKED ALL BLOCKED!
they said the same about 4.5.0 then some slipped through to 5.0.0

ive tested all the major ones and they are indeed

the one most likely to work is
Codemaster.com DSi Action Replay
which can be used to boot blocked flashcards :P

Guess my allegation came out right. I said it as i knew that this update was a big one, so many add-ons for streetpass so nintendo can push the console in the EU. in my opinion 4.5.0 -> 5.0.0 wasn't a big of an update.
Codemaster DSi Action replay can be used to boot blocked cards, hmmmmm...Thanks for that.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Guess my allegation came out right. I said it as i knew that this update was a big one, so many add-ons for streetpass so nintendo can push the console in the EU. in my opinion 4.5.0 -> 5.0.0 wasn't a big of an update.
Codemaster DSi Action replay can be used to boot blocked cards, hmmmmm...Thanks for that.

??? how have you been proven right

yea 5.0 didnt add much ONLY
brand new E-shop
&
Save Data Transfer Tool from carts to SD card

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
??? it has nothing to do with it

it allows you to transfer cart saves to SD games legitimately

doesn't have nothing to do with the dongles haha

R4I brought out a save dongle that allows you to back up saves from carts recently, I thought this new update would make that save game dongle by R4I pretty pointless now ?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
R4I brought out a save dongle that allows you to back up saves from carts recently, I thought this new update would make that save game dongle by R4I pretty pointless now ?

R4 Save Dongle has been out a while
they cant affect the R4 save dongle with a firmware update as the hardware just reads the save file and backs it up and restores it
the only thing you cant do is trade saves with other people because recent saves are encrypted with a new key

the R4 Save Dongle can also get updated firmware for newer carts if they change anything also, which they need to do for Luigis mansion and Animal crossing

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't say it would affect it (As in block it), I honestly thought that all this R4I save dongle could do was backup your save & replace it lol. From reading your post
& Save Data Transfer Tool from carts to SD card
I thought that it would make it pointless to buy it now because you could do it officially via this update from Nintendo. Seems that this R4I save dongle can do a little more.

My bad, My misunderstanding, Thats all.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if I don't update, my DSTWO can still connect with DS games, I would assume the same for that cart (even though IMO r4s are crap)

I have an R4i Gold (or some variant... who even knows anymore), and I can say that it definitely is not crap because of the snappy update cycle and continued support coming from the Wood firmware. It plays all of my unpatched games, no problem, and is very affordable. For me, that's all I really want in a flash cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.