Hacking Configurator for Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
oricon said:
Oops wrong thread but what i mean is some games like RE4 and NSMB are widescreen only so if you play the game in 4:3 you will get black bars on top and bottom screen so you have to switch the wii diplay setting to 16:9 widescreen to get rid of them.
Wouldn't you then end up with your image stretched vertically? I find that off-putting enough in movies, but in gameplay it would seem even worse. I'll bring it up with oggzee, but I doubt it's very important.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v63 of the Configurator is out

Download here or use online update (via Actions menu)

Changes:
  • Options: ios and gamercard_url options updated with new values/defaults.
  • Feature: Changed image download method to save the downloaded image after checking validity rather than saving the validated image. This fixes the MPT disc image problem.
  • Bug fix: Added sneek and sneek+all options to Game Settings.
Sample cdbs have not changed.

NOTES: the image change should also fix the black images that someone reported a while back.

Also, the person that was asking for filtering by missing images, I was about to add it when I realised it's already sort of there. If you click any column, it will sort by that column, automatically putting the games with missing images in that column at the top of the list.

I'll probably try to fix that missing number counter bug in the next version. I meant to do it for this version, but forgot about it until just now.

Edit: And if I missed anything out in this update that I'd previously said I'd add, could people please let me know as it means I probably forgot
wink.gif

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v63.1 of the Configurator is out

Changes:
  • Options: changed value of covers_url_2d to match new default and changed tool tips to explain new functionality
  • Bug Fix: I think I fixed the update of the missing counters when adding images manually and then reselecting the game
Sample cdbs have been updated this time (configurator.cdb only).

overjet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
i would like use hardisk only for games and covers.

For homebrew i use my sd in fat32.

So what's the better file system to use ?!?

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dr. Clipper said:
Also, the person that was asking for filtering by missing images, I was about to add it when I realised it's already sort of there. If you click any column, it will sort by that column, automatically putting the games with missing images in that column at the top of the list.
OMG... I'm sure I tried that in the past and it didn't work - but now I tried again and it's working nicely... thx a lot, I don't need any more filtering functionality
yaywii.gif

JasmineMay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could some one give me a clue as how to do this, I am trying to move the "title" of the game up to the top of the screen when looking at the collections of games when you first open configurable loader.

Is it console_coords ?

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
JasmineMay said:
Could some one give me a clue as how to do this, I am trying to move the "title" of the game up to the top of the screen when looking at the collections of games when you first open configurable loader.

Is it console_coords ?
I'm assuming you're talking about the GUI. The option/value you want is gui_title_top=1.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v64 of the Configurator is out

Changes:
  • Bug Fix: covers_path_2d now properly handled in both options and in Cover Wizard
  • Bug Fix: Missing counters really fixed this time for manually edited images.
No changes to Sample CDBs.

webugoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What do I need to edit?

Everytime I launch CFG. It always shows the last page for the grid 4/4 never the 1/4.

i.e. : total pages 4.

So, When I start CFG and the first games I see are on the page 4 of 4 ( 4/4 ).

What is missing or what file should I edit? config.txt or settings.cfg

And The gui_lock does not work for Grid ? is this true

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
webugoy said:
What do I need to edit?

Everytime I launch CFG. It always shows the last page for the grid 4/4 never the 1/4.

Yes. gui_lock will not lock the number of lines in the grid, but it should lock you to your chosen grid mode, so you will only be able to choose between the 1-4 lines.

As for the starting location, by default, Cfg should choose the last game you played when it starts. If you would prefer it to always start on page 1, add the option select=start in config.txt.

Other values for the select option are previous (the default), middle, end, most, least and random.

webugoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dr. Clipper said:
webugoy said:
What do I need to edit?

Yes. gui_lock will not lock the number of lines in the grid, but it should lock you to your chosen grid mode, so you will only be able to choose between the 1-4 lines.

As for the starting location, by default, Cfg should choose the last game you played when it starts. If you would prefer it to always start on page 1, add the option select=start in config.txt.

Other values for the select option are previous (the default), middle, end, most, least and random.

Thanks -

I was just reading that select=start @ http://gwht.wikidot.com/configurable-options

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!

I posted some suggestion for Configurator here but had no answer so here it is again:

Jabe said:
Is it possible to add to functionnality to search automatically for config.txt, themes files, and covers folders based on ../ upfolder.

Let me explain why…

When I launch CfgLoaderConfigurator.exe from SD:\usb-loader it already does this automatically.

But because of all translation files I store CfgLoaderConfigurator.exe inside some subfolder called CfgLoaderConfiguratorv64Fr.

And because I'm doing this, when I'm launching it, if I use cover wizard it doesn't find cover folders, and so on for config.txt files, etc.

I don't know if my problem seems clear, let me know if not.

So my CfgLoaderConfigurator.exe is stored inside SD:\usb-loader\CfgLoaderConfiguratorv64Fr folder instead of just SD:\usb-loader\ .

Can you make it "cd .." (check directory)
You know go back from one directory and check if there is any config.txt, any covers and themes folders?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc...