Hacking Configurable USB Loader

mathesar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFG Loader is having a lot of trouble downloading covers, I'm using the download missing covers option, it usually gets a handful of them and then just stops and I have to power down the Wii at that point. Is this a known issue? Games work fine otherwise.

Using version 70r65

Thanks.

Brianwuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFG loader crashing when downloading cover(s) with any version. Finally solved.

After a lot of searching and trials\crashes, I found that I was using USB:/ and SD:/ instead of usb:/ and sd:/. The older versions must have been more forgiving or corrected it but putting the device in capital letters will cause a crash when downloading covers.
covers_path = USB:/usb-loader/covers (this will crash)

covers_path = usb:/usb-loader/covers (this will work)

hope this helps someone else as all my searching found no reference to this.

Brianwuz

Jazzist

Trophies
XP
Country
How do I make my CFG USB Loader have all that on its menu? (Apploader, Updates having Nintendont right there, as well as DIOS MIOS, etc),

Also categorize games (Wii - GC) and have the menus on the top and bottom border as in this video?

Reactions: sideskroll

decomposition

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFG loader crashing when downloading cover(s) with any version. Finally solved.

After a lot of searching and trials\crashes, I found that I was using USB:/ and SD:/ instead of usb:/ and sd:/. The older versions must have been more forgiving or corrected it but putting the device in capital letters will cause a crash when downloading covers.
covers_path = USB:/usb-loader/covers (this will crash)

covers_path = usb:/usb-loader/covers (this will work)

hope this helps someone else as all my searching found no reference to this.

Brianwuz

I'm having this issue too. had to keep restarting to get them. mine is already sd: and usb: too. I'm on 70r78mod for nintendont though.
gonna try the 70 release loader and see if that works for the missing covers.
any traction on this? I see a lot of posts online about this.
and is 70r78 the best one to use for nintendont still?
anything I should know about this version? like certain games not working?

thanks!

edit. 70r63? the last revision available through the update menu seems to be working so far.
otherwise I'll try the release version unless you all have some tips. ;)

tried all the version I could and just have to keep at it I guess.

also how the hell do you turn off or change the default sound that plays for every game?
I don't see an option in the app or config.txt/themes.txt...
???
wiiflow uses custom banner sounds per game and can't get CFG to do this even though it says it should.
any help?

ToddPacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but here seems like a good place. I'm using CFG (mod I assume) v71b49 with nintendont. Nintendon't loads fine on it's or when using USBL GX, but when I try to run it though CFG I get the nintendont loading page and "Failed to load kernel from NAND!" I also tried downgrading to a few different versions of CFG but they all act the same. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

decomposition

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but here seems like a good place. I'm using CFG (mod I assume) v71b49 with nintendont. Nintendon't loads fine on it's or when using USBL GX, but when I try to run it though CFG I get the nintendont loading page and "Failed to load kernel from NAND!" I also tried downgrading to a few different versions of CFG but they all act the same. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

nintendont is up to r319 I think or newer and there's been some talk in there about breaking USB gx so looks like the loaders need to be updated or just use the nintendont interface

edit: r319 just looked.
Log message

-removed f-zero ax initial overscan so the menus dont look weird when pressing
start before title screen
-better anti-crash hack for f-zero ax which doesnt require constant value
overwriting

nitraiolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
On your link link, under r7, there are two versions. What's the difference between them??

The "-222" version of all releases boots using IOS222 in mload. This is needed with some slow disks (like the old Lacie Porche 500Gb I had some time ago).
The "normal" version boots using IOS249.

SilentSmoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering if it is possible to have the return_to_channel option work for GameCube/WiiWare/VC games loaded via cfg.

Using cfg v70r78

The process works great for regular Wii games. return_to_channel = FDCL

When a wiiware game is booted using the neek2o plugin the return_to_channel does not work. ON game exit you are returned to the system menu (real or emu) depending on the neek2o.dol file you have.
When a GameCube game is booted using Nintendont plugin/app the return_to_channel does not work either. Game exit to system menu

Is there any options to have these situations return to cfg?

neek2o_return_to_channel = FDCL
nintendont_return_to_channel = FDCL

Thoughts>?

nitraiolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was wondering if it is possible to have the return_to_channel option work for GameCube/WiiWare/VC games loaded via cfg.

Using cfg v70r78

The process works great for regular Wii games. return_to_channel = FDCL

When a wiiware game is booted using the neek2o plugin the return_to_channel does not work. ON game exit you are returned to the system menu (real or emu) depending on the neek2o.dol file you have.
When a GameCube game is booted using Nintendont plugin/app the return_to_channel does not work either. Game exit to system menu

Is there any options to have these situations return to cfg?

neek2o_return_to_channel = FDCL
nintendont_return_to_channel = FDCL

Thoughts>?
It has been implemented in r7 of my patched version. Look at http://cfgusbloader.ntd.homelinux.org/trac/CfgUSBLoader/. I'm using it with UCXF and works fine on legacy Wii and nintendon't. It uses the standard "return_to_channel=XXXX" configuration key.

Reactions: SilentSmoker

SilentSmoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aha! Just what I was looking for. It works as expected. I just had to change wiiware/vc boot plugin to the mighty.dol instead of the neek2o.dol.
I would assume this means I don't actually need any form of neek on my wii? At least not to play any games!
Your dol file seems to speed up loading for all games as well, if that was your intention, well done!

I was also wondering if there was a way to save filter settings to profiles? So Examples

Profile = Wii
- game_type_filter = Wii Games

Profile = WiiWare
- game_type_filter = WiiWare Games

I have tried to do this in cfg and save the global settings with no luck.

This way when the cfg is originally loaded I could get it to load quicker. It's not bad as is, about 30 secs to load the 2600+ games I have. Not really a big deal as you can just filter the games once your in, just a bit of a pain when switching between games a lot.

Thanks nitraiolo, great work!

nitraiolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Aha! Just what I was looking for. It works as expected. I just had to change wiiware/vc boot plugin to the mighty.dol instead of the neek2o.dol.
I would assume this means I don't actually need any form of neek on my wii? At least not to play any games!
Your dol file seems to speed up loading for all games as well, if that was your intention, well done!

I was also wondering if there was a way to save filter settings to profiles? So Examples

Profile = Wii
- game_type_filter = Wii Games

Profile = WiiWare
- game_type_filter = WiiWare Games

I have tried to do this in cfg and save the global settings with no luck.

This way when the cfg is originally loaded I could get it to load quicker. It's not bad as is, about 30 secs to load the 2600+ games I have. Not really a big deal as you can just filter the games once your in, just a bit of a pain when switching between games a lot.

Thanks nitraiolo, great work!

Thakyou!

At the moment there are no filtering save/config options, you have right.

Now I'm working on Nintendon't config v3 integration (shared Mem card, user configurable Mem card size ad fixes for wide screen in vWii mode). As soon as I finish this work I'll try to implement the filtering savings.

Reactions: SilentSmoker

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny