Hacking Configurable USB Loader

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I tested v69b1+cIOS249[56]v21 (not d2x) on my KOR Wii.
It's no problem to start KOR Wiifit from my NTFS drive. (worked)

Then I changed from v69b1 to v68d -> It failed. (even can't see game option screen)

So if anyone has a KOR Wii , v69b1 is OK to use. (no matter cIOSX is d2x or not)

Of course the reason is there is no need "Korean key" patched cIOSX in a KOR Wii.

MarcusIronfist

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Colabear said:
MarcusIronfist said:
Just wondering if you noticed my question regarding games with "Too many cheat codes"...

Why does it freak if the number of codes is >256?

Out of curiosity, how do you try to store the code data when the .txt file is read? Using arrays or structures? If you don't mind sharing that part of the code, I might be able to "tweak" it... Arrays, data structures, and logic loops (if/else, do/while/until, etc) are what I am good at in C/C++... I am clueless about network sockets and graphics display, but if it deals with data, I can figure it out... (I spent a few years during the 1990s as a "Coding Gnome" of a mud game on the net...)
You can use two apps with homebrew to get the longer file cheat codes.

Use Modmii to install AccioHacks.
Go to the util section of homebrew and load Cheat Manager v0.3

Then you can down load the codes from Accio and set them set up, right on your Wii with cheat manager.

I think Accio was down yesterday as I could not read any files from them through my Wii yesterday.

You can also get them online through geckocodes.org and copy them to your SD card. You just need to make 2 directors on your SD card in the root. “codes” and “txtcodes”. Cheat Manager will not find the text codes in the usb-loader directory but usb-loader will find them in the codes directory.

Colabear,

I know about those other apps. My concern tho is why should I even need to touch those apps when CFG has the cheat manager built in.

@oggzee:
I downloaded the source and read through the cheat.c file. Why did you hard-code the "CHEAT_MAX" at 256?
Idea: would it be possible to add a line to the config.txt file like "max_cheats = ..." so the user can adjust the max?

Something like this:
CODE
In config.txt (or settings.cfg):
max_cheats = 1024

Then load that line while reading the config info, and store it as a global variable like "configmaxcheat".

Then in cheat.c:
Where you have:
#define CHEAT_MAX 256

Wrap it with something like:
if (configmaxcheat != 0)
{
#define CHEAT_MAX (configmaxcheat)
}
else
{
#define CHEAT_MAX 256
}

That make sense?

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah hence why I am asking! It correctly identifies that it is DXv6 but does not identify the base! Still really no big deal!

R2-D2199

Trophies
Website
softwii.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
R2-D2199 said:
Hi oggzee,

i have made changes in the sys.c to support IOS reload block on d2x cIOS independent from the revision number:

CODEint is_ios_d2x()
{
ÂÂÂÂsigned_blob *TMD = NULL;
ÂÂÂÂu32 TMD_size = 0;
ÂÂÂÂu64 title_id = TITLE_ID(1, IOS_GetVersion());
ÂÂÂÂint ret;
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂret = GetTMD(title_id, &TMD, &TMD_size);
ÂÂÂÂif (ret >= 0) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂtmd *t = NULL;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂiosinfo_t iosinfo;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂt = (tmd*)SIGNATURE_PAYLOAD(TMD);

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂdbg_printf("\ntmd id: %llx %x-%x t: %x v: %d",
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂt->title_id, TITLE_HIGH(t->title_id), TITLE_LOW(t->title_id),
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂt->title_type, t->title_version);

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (get_iosinfo(IOS_GetVersion(), TMD, &iosinfo)) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂreturn iosinfo.version;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂint ios_rev = IOS_GetRevision();
ÂÂÂÂif (is_ios_type(IOS_TYPE_WANIN)) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (ios_rev > 21000 && ios_rev < 25000) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂint rev = ios_rev % 100;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂreturn rev;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂreturn 0;
}

I improved it a little bit:

CODEint is_ios_d2x()
{
ÂÂÂÂsigned_blob *TMD = NULL;
ÂÂÂÂu32 TMD_size = 0;
ÂÂÂÂu64 title_id = TITLE_ID(1, IOS_GetVersion());
ÂÂÂÂint ret;
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂret = GetTMD(title_id, &TMD, &TMD_size);
ÂÂÂÂif (ret >= 0) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂtmd *t = NULL;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂiosinfo_t iosinfo;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂt = (tmd*)SIGNATURE_PAYLOAD(TMD);

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂdbg_printf("\ntmd id: %llx %x-%x t: %x v: %d",
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂt->title_id, TITLE_HIGH(t->title_id), TITLE_LOW(t->title_id),
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂt->title_type, t->title_version);

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (get_iosinfo(IOS_GetVersion(), TMD, &iosinfo)) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (strcmp(iosinfo.name, "d2x") == 0) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂreturn iosinfo.version;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂint ios_rev = IOS_GetRevision();
ÂÂÂÂif (is_ios_type(IOS_TYPE_WANIN)) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (ios_rev > 21000 && ios_rev < 25000) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂint rev = ios_rev % 100;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂreturn rev;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂreturn 0;
}

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I suggest you exchange patches not whole code fragments.
Easier to apply to the source and easier to notice the exact change while reading

TheLiNkMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Great, testing now 69b1, thanks for add the cios identification
biggrin.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a question (sorry if it has been asked lots of times):

Is it possible to use CFG to load channels that are installed on your wii system menu? (in a similar way as wiiflow)

And if not...are there any plans for this feature in the future?

(this isn't really a request: it's very clear you guys are busy on other things
smile.gif
)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v69b2 (beta)
cfg69b2.dol
cfg69b2-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v69b2 (beta)
* Use modmii cios identification for d2x version (by R2-D2199)
* Detection of hermes cios v5.1 installed with pimp my wii (by xFede)

(edit: detection of pimp my doesn't work, wrong hashes)

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Would adding a download CfgLoaderConfigurator.exe option be something worth posting about ? (cause I've done it now)

It's never been posted afaik and would maybe be handy to keep up-to-date from the Wii, as it's designed to run from within the folders on SD/USB it could be a time saver and also make more people aware of it, hopefully reducing questions and encouraging new ideas.

CfgLoaderConfiguratorv57.11.zip is 2.47mb, small. It would need some way to check version obviously and just the add the option for those that wanted it.

Also, what about some small mp3 as a standard, choosable to download ?

(myself, I'd love the wode mods code added so it listed the games in wbfs on usb hdd+iso on wode hdd, but that aint gonna ever happen)

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Slimmmmmm said:
Would adding a download CfgLoaderConfigurator.exe option be something worth posting about ? (cause I've done it now)

It's never been posted afaik and would maybe be handy to keep up-to-date from the Wii, as it's designed to run from within the folders on SD/USB it could be a time saver and also make more people aware of it, hopefully reducing questions and encouraging new ideas.
No need. if you get cfgloader from Modmii you get the config utility with it automatically I believe. And nowadays I would think there are very few people who wouldn't have modded their Wii with Modmii.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Spongeroberto said:
Slimmmmmm said:

No need. if you get cfgloader from Modmii you get the config utility with it automatically I believe. And nowadays I would think there are very few people who wouldn't have modded their Wii with Modmii.

No offense to modmii which I myself think is great and XFlak knows this and has my full support if ever he needs anything. But...You are saying that to check for a new version of the Configurator we should run modmii...from a pc ?

I'm saying add an option along side the updates in cfg (update,db,titles.txt etc) to search for a new version of the configurator and if found prompt to download to the root dir (where it is needed) so when you connect your SD/USB to a pc the newest configurator is already there.

You could have a shortcut on your pc to the configurator and as the name never changes as long as the SD/USB was plugged into the same port it would mean a 1 click to edit things from pc. From a pc side of things the only way to do it better would be to auto run, but my suggestion makes it the most simple, well I think.

btw, I only posted this because it was a random idea that no one posted before (and I'm a bit bored of some of the same things over and over), it's simple and up to now the configurator is kept up to date by most people by looking for a new version most likely in the forum topic here, or sometimes by having a problem, posting here, getting directed to the other topic etc. It woud be low on the teams list I know this, but I'm sure at least one of them will like it, so maybe on a rainy day they might have a play about with the idea.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Slimmmmmm said:
CfgLoaderConfiguratorv57.11.zip is 2.47mb, small. It would need some way to check version obviously and just the add the option for those that wanted it.
Also, what about some small mp3 as a standard, choosable to download ?
(myself, I'd love the wode mods code added so it listed the games in wbfs on usb hdd+iso on wode hdd, but that aint gonna ever happen)
The configurator can already update itself so i see no point in doing that from the wii.
As for a small standard mp3, feel free to suggest some and we might include it in the full distribution (but it must not be a copyirighted work)

apprt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ryoku83 said:
I discovered another problem while testing tho. The loader locks up whenever I try to download a new cover straight to my NTFS Drive. It only happens when I load from my HDD, if I put my SD card in and try it saves to the SD card. I have ntfs_write = 1 enabled and I can rip games to my HDD without any problems.

I'm having this same problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ