Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I doubt that it's impossible to do because - as I said - once the .dol is found, read and started we should know the "working directory", don't we? If that's the case, we could simply check for an image and display that one instead of the hardcoded one (if available)... it's not such a big issue just for the splash that's just displayed for a few seconds but anyways... it would - again - be nice2have.
What are you talking about? you still don't get it, it's not the cfg loader that finds and loads the .dol, the .dol is loaded by either a forwarder or the HBC. And as I said by the time we get to SD and load the config (at which point an custom intro could be loaded) 2 seconds have already passed and there's only 1 second left to display the custom intro while the rest of the stuff is initialized. So if we were to do it that way you would have 2 seconds of black and 1 second of intro instead of 3 seconds of intro, what's the point? Why is such a big fuss even being made around the intro??? Why am I even discussing this? If you don't like the intro image, use the black screen one and that's it.

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Dr. Clipper said:
camurso_ said:
Is there any way to start the program by showing the games list sorted by game count without having to do so everytime?
Do you mean play count? If so:

sort = play_count-asc

OR

sort = play_count-desc

depending which order you want them in.

Thank you, but can you tell me which file do I have to edit?

I´m a noob, sorry...

Is it config.txt?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
camurso_ said:
I´m a noob, sorry...
Is it config.txt?
Maybe start by reading the README-CFG.TXT
Or try launching the configurator.exe on a pc...

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
oggzee said:
camurso_ said:
I´m a noob, sorry...
Is it config.txt?
Maybe start by reading the README-CFG.TXT
Or try launching the configurator.exe on a pc...

I read it before asking that question and a simple yes/no would be enough, simpler and quicker than writting what you wrote...

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
XICO2KX said:
How do you turn off your Wii then? :rolleyes:
Return to either CFG or the Wii System Menu, then use the power button on the wii remote. the drive won't be reading/writing when sat idle at either menu, so it is perfectly safe to switch off the wii.

Not that I ever do, I just switch the wii of whenever and haven't had any problems - but if I was paranoid I would just return to CFG/Wii SM.

Camurso - the README clearly says:

# Global options (config.txt) will accept all options, including theme options.

^^ that file.

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
camurso_ said:
Dr. Clipper said:
camurso_ said:
Is there any way to start the program by showing the games list sorted by game count without having to do so everytime?
Do you mean play count? If so:

sort = play_count-asc

OR

sort = play_count-desc

depending which order you want them in.

I´m a noob, sorry...

Is it config.txt?

QUOTE(OncleJulien @ Jan 4 2011, 06:06 PM) QUOTE(camurso_ @ Jan 4 2011, 03:18 AM)
I read it before asking that question and a simple yes/no would be enough, simpler and quicker than writting what you wrote...
and a simple "thanks!" from you would have been quicker too.

smile.gif

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
George Dawes said:
XICO2KX said:
How do you turn off your Wii then?
rolleyes.gif

Return to either CFG or the Wii System Menu, then use the power button on the wii remote. the drive won't be reading/writing when sat idle at either menu, so it is perfectly safe to switch off the wii.

Not that I ever do, I just switch the wii of whenever and haven't had any problems - but if I was paranoid I would just return to CFG/Wii SM.

Camurso - the README clearly says:

# Global options (config.txt) will accept all options, including theme options.

^^ that file.

sorry, bu my README clearly says:

Besides the global config file sd:/usb-loader/config.txt, also
the config.txt in the apps directory is used, which by default is:
sd:/apps/USBLoader/config.txt but depends from where the loader
has been started from the homebrew channel.

and that made me have doubts...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v63b3 (beta)
cfg63b3.dol
cfg63b3-222.dol
lang63b3.zip
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v63b3 (beta)
* Changed covers_path_2d default value to /usb-loader/covers/2d
instead of /usb-loader/covers however both locations are still
looked up so existing setups should not be affected. Downloading
2d covers will save to /usb-loader/covers/2d only if it exists,
otherwise /usb-loader/covers is used - same as before.
If the option covers_path_2d is set manually in config.txt then
it works same as before, the behaviour isn't changed.
* Optimized sort by install date
* Wiitdb optimisations
* Added uDraw to filter by controller
* Fixed WBFS partition on a 4k sector size drive
* Minor cleanups

mossywell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
oggzee said:
mossywedll said:
OK - I deleted all the covers, but same problem. Here's a screenshot running the debug version, which bombs out at the same point (but this time, I grabbed a screen after it had bombed out): http://public.fotki.com/mossywell/public/c...-dbg-2-jpg.html
Ok thanks for trying that out.
I will probably have more questions and things to try out for you later, maybe I'll just PM you..
Credit and thanks to oggzee for fixing this in v63b3. Not sure what the problem actually was in the end, but it appeared in v62b3 (was working in v62b2) and was causing a crash. All working now and even better, I can go back to using the 249 version, which stopped working for me at v61. Nice.
smile.gif

EDIT: I'm one of those that's using 4k sectors and WBFS.

The_J-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Ogzee

Been following the thread virtually since its start and firstly, thanks to you and all the devs for a remarkable piece of software. All my questions have generally been answered by reading through the posts.

I often find I press A until the Launch Methods appear and then wish to revert back to the previous screen (game synopsis), but once you're there you've got a choice only between the launch methods. The only way to choose a new game to load or to edit the preference in the game is to press Home and restart CFG.

Can the B button not return you to the previous screen?

I guess there's not much left to do to this software. It's pretty much the best loader out there.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The_J-Man said:
I often find I press A until the Launch Methods appear and then wish to revert back to the previous screen (game synopsis), but once you're there you've got a choice only between the launch methods. The only way to choose a new game to load or to edit the preference in the game is to press Home and restart CFG.

Can the B button not return you to the previous screen?
thats been a minor annoyance for me as well...never enough to bring it up, but i'll add my voice to yours if theres a simple fix for that behavior.

oh, sorry, this is the internet, i meant to say:

xx_0nC13 Jul13N_xx+1

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
The_J-Man said:
I don't understand what's the issue?
When you're in the screen asking for confirmation to start you CAN press B to go back.
Or did you mean something else?

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hi Oggzee,

let me express a possible improvement to this awesome loader, aimed to emphasize its "configurability"...

In the ReadMe we find:

QUOTE said:
If config file is not found in sd:/usb-loader, then it is searched
in: sd:/apps/USBLoader/config.txt (or whichever directory is used to
start from homebrew channel) and if found, the base path is set to
that location.

Why not adding an option for the base path, like:

# base_path = [sd:/usb-loader/]

This would allow the users to place the config.txt file in the same folder as the boot.dol, to locate the covers where they prefer with the option "covers_path = [sd:/usb-loader/covers]", and to locate all of the other Configurable files (themes, languages, and so on) where they prefer and not necessarily in /apps/usbloader_cfg/

This is just an idea (taken from GX and WiiFlow which already implement it) to improve your awesome loader,

Another optional path could be given for the files "titles.txt" and "wiitdb.zip" which the users may be willing to share with some other loaders:

# titles_path = [sd:/usb-loader/]

thanks to you and to the other developers for your job

Cambo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol