OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
anray said:
oggzee said:
anray said:
I have using version 0.60 very long time. When i'm upgraded 0.60 to 0.61 and later, wiimote is power down and not respond. Only works the gamecube controller. How to fix it?
Try v61-compat and let me know if that helps....
Yes, 0.61-compat version is works.
Ok good to know, i'll keep that old devkit build around for some more time then.
BTW It's not v0.61 but v61, that's like a 100x times better!
mad.gif

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there some distinction/preference between .mod and .mp3 files to play in the background? I added several .mp3 files and .mod files (from this site if it matters?) to a music directory and specified that directory to use via configurator. When I start CFG USB Loader then a random .mp3 will play but regardless how long I wait, the .mod files will never be played.

Using v62b3 if it matters...
CFG and music dirs are located on NTFS drive.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been having problems with my system freezing on boot up or reboot.

I'm v61/222 with the dol from the fowarder on the first page that FIX94 game the link to, installed into Priiloader.

Not sure if it is the loader or the fowarder that is causing the problem, but I'm suspecting the fowarder because I switched back to v60 while keeping the Priiloader setup the same and it still froze, but when I went back to my original setup which was using Narzoles fowarder in Priloader with v60 everything seems to be working fine.

I haven't tried Narzoles fowarder with v61 lately, becuase when I did a while back I would lose sync on the Wiimotes with it when exiting games to the System Menu.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
Is there some distinction/preference between .mod and .mp3 files to play in the background? I added several .mp3 files and .mod files (from this site if it matters?) to a music directory and specified that directory to use via configurator. When I start CFG USB Loader then a random .mp3 will play but regardless how long I wait, the .mod files will never be played.
Using v62b3 if it matters...
CFG and music dirs are located on NTFS drive.
Right, if a .mp3 file is found then only mp3 files are played and .mod are ignored.
We might improve that in the future to allow mixed music types but it's a rather low-priority thing...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v62 (release)
Cfg_USB_Loader_62.zip
cfg62.dol
cfg62-222.dol
cfg62-compat.dol
cfg62-dbg.dol
lang62.zip
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v62 (release)
* Updated libogc to 1.8.6

21-12-2010 cfg v62b3 (beta)
* More translatable strings (languages, playlog)
* Fixed: display of 3d cover when selecting a game in coverflow mode
when a 2d and full cover are missing
* Minor cleanups

19-12-2010 cfg v62b2 (beta)
* Fixed gui_clock_pos alignment
* Fixed title in grid mode when no game is selected
* gui style change notification is now printed in title area
the same way as button actions (profile change, ...)
* Added option: gui_title_area = x, y, w, h
default: 0,0,0,0 meaning, position depends on gui_title_top
min w, h: 320, 10 note: h is not yet used
* renamed option gui_pager_pos to gui_page_pos

19-12-2010 cfg v62b (beta)
* fixed partition=auto for wbfs
* new themable options:
- gui_clock_pos = x, y
default: -1,-1 meaning, title position is used
if set clock is displayed all the time
- gui_pager_pos = x, y
default: -1,-1 meaning, title position is used
* Translatable (Jabe & cambric request):
- button names
- partition types and header
- video and language options
- cover styles

18-12-2010 cfg v62a5 (alpha)
* Fixed partition = auto
* Better formatting of wiitdb info

18-12-2010 cfg v62a4 (alpha)
* fixed ext2fs support
* fixed error message about multiple wbfs partitions
when using a second fat or ntfs or ext2fs part.

18-12-2010 cfg v62a3 (alpha)
* fixed partition selection and crash from 62a2

17-12-2010 cfg v62a2 (alpha)
* ext2fs support (Thanks to Dimok!)
* new theme option: coverflow_reflection = color_top, color_bottom
color is hex rgba, 0,0 will disable reflections
default: coverflow_reflection = 666666FF, AAAAAA33
* new theme option: gui_cover_area = x, y, w, h
default: gui_cover_area = 20, 24, 600, 408
minimum accepted w, h: 480, 320
enabling debug will draw the area rectangle
* Improved coverflow to console transition
* Updated libntfs (sync with wiiflow)
* Updated grrlib: 4.0.0 -> 4.3.1
* Updated intro 4 (smaller)

07-12-2010 cfg v62a (alpha)
* Updated libs:
- libfat 1.0.5 -> 1.0.7
- jpeg 8a -> 8b
- png 1.2.34 -> 1.4.4
- zlib 1.2.4 -> 1.2.5
* New default intro=4 : stripes themed (by abdias)

toss01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turns out it was my wbfs was corrupt

Ive created it again and seems to be okay but I want to move onto fat32 me thinks,

I'm going to use wbfs backup manager to create the files

does config play best with files split at 4gb or 2gb? Anything I need to be aware of?

-Blade

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a problem with Shaun White Skateboarding NTSC.
It freezes when I create a new profile.
Tried with IOS249 rev20b56, with Hermes cIOS's I get black screen.
It works perfectly with WiiFlow.
I'm using CFG v62, my drive is in FAT32.

.44 Magnum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've found a graphical glitch in v62. When connecting a wbfs formatted hard drive with no games installed I keep getting a bunch of zeros flashing intermittently at the bottom of the screen. My GUI style is currently set to coverflow 3D but it also happens with any GUI style that uses full covers. The problem is corrected however once at least one game is installed, so it's not a huge issue but I just thought I'd mention it. Also, I've tried all previous alpha and beta versions of v62 and they all have this glitch with the exception of v62a. I'm currently running cIOSX 20b base 56 and cIOS 222 v4 base 38 merged with 37 and have tried the standard and the 222 versions of the loader but the problem persists on both. Thanks very much for all the hard work on this fantastic loader!!

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
iv sort of been keeping up to date with configurable loader and wiis but slowly been losing grip due to minimum internet access until page 714 (last page i bookmarked)
just looking for a few quick answers

whats this new compat and dbg versions?
whats the preffered ios to load the loader with?
is it stable enough to write to ntfs?

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sacohen9665 said:
Been having problems with my system freezing on boot up or reboot.

I'm v61/222 with the dol from the fowarder on the first page that FIX94 game the link to, installed into Priiloader.
I've got a similar issue with that forwarder. I'm running USB Loader off my NTFS drive and starting USB Loader via forwarder takes ages. There are at least 20 seconds black screen until the .dol is found and run.
Do you have a link to that Narolez forwarder you are using so I could try that one, too?

QUOTE(oggzee @ Dec 22 2010, 05:48 PM) Right, if a .mp3 file is found then only mp3 files are played and .mod are ignored.
We might improve that in the future to allow mixed music types but it's a rather low-priority thing...
Well, that clears that up... would be great if you could improve the player
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
.44 Magnum said:
I think I've found a graphical glitch in v62. When connecting a wbfs formatted hard drive with no games installed I keep getting a bunch of zeros flashing intermittently at the bottom of the screen. My GUI style is currently set to coverflow 3D but it also happens with any GUI style that uses full covers. The problem is corrected however once at least one game is installed, so it's not a huge issue but I just thought I'd mention it. Also, I've tried all previous alpha and beta versions of v62 and they all have this glitch with the exception of v62a. I'm currently running cIOSX 20b base 56 and cIOS 222 v4 base 38 merged with 37 and have tried the standard and the 222 versions of the loader but the problem persists on both. Thanks very much for all the hard work on this fantastic loader!!
We've known of that glitch for a while, but it seems harmless enough that it hasn't been addressed.

QUOTE(bert02 @ Dec 23 2010, 05:21 PM) iv sort of been keeping up to date with configurable loader and wiis but slowly been losing grip due to minimum internet access until page 714 (last page i bookmarked)
just looking for a few quick answers

whats this new compat and dbg versions?
whats the preffered ios to load the loader with?
is it stable enough to write to ntfs?
compat is for compatibility with certain people that seem to have Wiimote disconnection issues with the new libogc versions.
dbg just sets the debug option to 1 by default so we can help people that can't alter their config.txt for some reason.
NTFS write is stable. You need to set the ntfs_write=1 option to use it.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
toss01 said:
Ive created it again and seems to be okay but I want to move onto fat32 me thinks,
does config play best with files split at 4gb or 2gb? Anything I need to be aware of?
I would recommend 4gb splits, so that there are less files. Most of the games won't be split at all.

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a FAQ on how to adjust USB Loader to load its settings, covers, etc. from NTFS?
I set ntfs_write to 1 and adjusted all folders to ntfs:/usb-loader/...
This works as long as I still have the usb-loader folder with config.txt etc. on my SD. When I remove/rename that folder, it WILL load but it won't display the covers and use the default language (and probably settings... didn't check that, yet). Even if it works, the USB loader will still occasionally write to SD (i.e. cheat .txt and .gct files).

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
Is there a FAQ on how to adjust USB Loader to load its settings, covers, etc. from NTFS?
This works as long as I still have the usb-loader folder with config.txt etc. on my SD. When I remove/rename that folder, it WILL load but it won't display the covers and use the default language (and probably settings... didn't check that, yet). Even if it works, the USB loader will still occasionally write to SD (i.e. cheat .txt and .gct files).
You're running cfg from a ntfs partition using a forwarder, right?
Does the forwarder give the proper dol location to the cfg?
To verify this, enable debug and check what is printed for argv[0], it should be something like: ntfs:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
Or are you running from SD/FAT? In that case you can try adding this to meta.xml: ntfs:
Does any of this help?

edit: actually, ignore the args comment, that's wont work. it would only work from wiiload.
cfg will look for the base dir on the same drive and partition from where it was launched from.
So if you are launching from SD but want the base dir on usb, that's not possible at the moment.

toss01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
toss01 said:
I would recommend 4gb splits, so that there are less files. Most of the games won't be split at all.

Thanks!

LSt question now Im catching up finally again, whats preferred NTFS or FAT? or is it simply a matter of choice?

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
toss01 said:
oggzee said:
toss01 said:

Thanks!

LSt question now Im catching up finally again, whats preferred NTFS or FAT? or is it simply a matter of choice?

FAT 32 ftw.

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
You're running cfg from a ntfs partition using a forwarder, right?
Does the forwarder give the proper dol location to the cfg?
To verify this, enable debug and check what is printed for argv[0], it should be something like: ntfs:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
Or are you running from SD/FAT? In that case you can try adding this to meta.xml: ntfs:
Does any of this help?

edit: actually, ignore the args comment, that's wont work. it would only work from wiiload.
cfg will look for the base dir on the same drive and partition from where it was launched from.
So if you are launching from SD but want the base dir on usb, that's not possible at the moment.
For now I'm not using a forwarder because the one linked in this thread seems to have some issues (20sec blackscreen on startup) - so I'm running it via HBC, i.e. from SD as I didn't know we can load .dol files from USB already... how is that done?
I already tried to pass on the config-file via meta.xml but that did not change anything.
Actually it works pretty nicely with the exception of the mentioned issues... would be great if it'd work at some point...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
For now I'm not using a forwarder because the one linked in this thread seems to have some issues (20sec blackscreen on startup) - so I'm running it via HBC, i.e. from SD as I didn't know we can load .dol files from USB already... how is that done?
I already tried to pass on the config-file via meta.xml but that did not change anything.
Actually it works pretty nicely with the exception of the mentioned issues... would be great if it'd work at some point...

Loading from USB is possible.
Especially from FAT since that is supported by almost all forwarders and HBC as well (you can switch to USB in HBC options)
But loading from a USB/NTFS is only possible using a forwarder. However there might be issues, as you say it's not working for you...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...