jusmii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a question/problem, at the bottom of the global options screen it shows i have no base ios just ??. I haven't touched the wii in months and don't know what happened or when? I tried searching for an answer but couldn't find 1, could you please poke/push/shove me in the right direction? I am not sure what all info you need but it's updated to the newest version.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
jusmii said:
I have a question/problem, at the bottom of the global options screen it shows i have no base ios just ??. I haven't touched the wii in months and don't know what happened or when? I tried searching for an answer but couldn't find 1, could you please poke/push/shove me in the right direction? I am not sure what all info you need but it's updated to the newest version.
It's probably that you have an older revision where we can't detect the base properly.

jusmii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
jusmii said:
It's probably that you have an older revision where we can't detect the base properly.

Could have been? I played around with everything and got it taken care of, it really wasn't an issue i just kinda thought it was i guess. Thanks though...

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Can you try this one:
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61b8-171.dol
This is same as 61b8 except it is build with devkit 17+ogc1.7.1 (instead of 22/185)
If this works correctly, then it's probably a libogc issue and you can help me identify which libogc version started causing this by testing all of these:
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61t180.dol
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61t181.dol
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61t182.dol
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61t183.dol
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61t184.dol
and letting me know which work and which don't

Also: exactly which wiiflow version are you using? (I will try to figure out what libogc is used by that version)
Can you try with some latest wiiflow beta that uses the latest libogc?
Sorry oggzee, has been sleep time here in Australia.

I have been using the latest wiiflow updated every day. So my current wiiflow is 2.2beta, r254. [Note I am new to this scene so have been trialling both wiiflow and CFG. Don't quite see why wiiflow has so much hype as CFG seems better to me, has more functionality, and has all that cover flow stuff anyhow (if I preferred it to the plain grid flow which I don't!). Wiiflow crashes for me more often than CFG anyhow as it seems to have a stability problem with 249 rev 20 + ios56 atm.]

I tried all the versions you give above by putting them in different /apps/* dirs and starting them from HBC. All were using the same /usb-loader dir. Problem is, it is quite inconsistent. However I started each version quite a few times and never saw the problem (with dual wiimotes) on any version except v61b8. I.e. I never saw the problem with 60, 61-171 to 61-184. Even v61b8 does work from HBC quite often but I saw it fail about 5 times in all my tests, never in any other versions. I do sense that starting v61b8 from a channel forwarder makes the problem more likely - perhaps it changes the timing?

PS Add: I should also mention, as I have not before, that I am using a USB WD mypassport essential drive with a single 640G FAT32 partition. Don't have a SD card installed. At one point I suspected my drive so I took an old IDE hard disk of mine, formatted it to a single FAT32 partition, put it in a mains powered USB enclosure, copied everything to it, but saw exactly these same various problems I have been seeing in CFG (and wiiflow) on that disk also.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
bulletmark: thanks for the input, I'll see if I can figure it out.
Maybe it's related to this libogc change:
libogc 1.8.5
* Allow wpad reinitialisation.

MasterMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
oggzee said:
MasterMan said:
Firstly thanks, Oggzee.

Now and then, any version above v60 messes me up. Remote loses sync, screen sets to widescreen (my wii is 4:3 all the time).
4.1U FW softmoded cIOSx r20 base 57, 202, 222-224 hermes installed, Sansumg S2 500gb hd. apps and usb-loader folders are on USB.

On a side note, sometimes my HD goes iddle when i use nint channel or something that longs enough.
So CFG foerwarder hangs/HD doesn't detect.
There's some way i change the iddle time?

can you try this:
Sorry for the dellay, was sleeping all the day and checked it a bit.
61t171 sees to fix my troubles. The problems was frequent when i exited a game by "return_to_channel". Remote would not sync, video was 16:9 and such. Nw it wrked fine, for the little i tested.
But i changed something, installed the Narolez forwarder, moved apps folder from usb to sd, don't know if it changes anything.
But thanks anyway.

One request. Could you make a button to bypass wiinnertag updating? Like pressing Z while booting to not initialize network with info from a game i was merely testing.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
zizer said:
it's cool loader, but i can not run game with *.iso
Read the FAQ in the first post of this thread as you need to be careful with how you name things.

thank you , i'm loser.

Q: Can it play .iso files directly?
A:
NTFS: Yes.
FAT: Yes but only .iso files which are smaller than 4GB such as forwarder .iso files or .iso files compacted with WiiScrubber. To solve the 4GB problem, convert the .iso to .wbfs format using the wbfs_file utility.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ChaosEnergy said:
I just wanted to copy some games from one hdd to another with wbfsfile 2.9

All except 3 have been possible

I get this error

QUOTE said:
Using OPTION -z : sparse zero filled blocks
Scrub block size: 32768 (1 wii sectors)
Using OPTION: -l : f2 (file:TITLE [ID].ext)
Scrubbing F:\wbfs\Vacation Sports [R8SE41].iso
malloc fst: No error

any ideas?
i found another issue in wbfsfile 2.9

copying an iso may lead to a game name with special char: gamename! [ididid].iso
renaming a game will lead to same name without the special char

so different handling of names inside wbfsfile

trying to rename a game with a special char in filename...results into an error

so not only different results between copy/rename based on the name inside the iso
also i cant rename a copied file into another naming convention, cause it stops

Andersioh

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
[suggestion]

Hi,

I have a lot of games 100+ on my hdd. I love the 'favorites'-system. Wouldn't it be nice to have more categories we could choose to assign games to instead of just one?

Examples:
- adventures
- games for father
- games for me
- now playing a lot
- super for 2 players
- super for 4 players

Preferably custom naming.

I hope I made my suggestion clear for you...

THANKS!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
ChaosEnergy said:
I just wanted to copy some games from one hdd to another with wbfsfile 2.9
All except 3 have been possible
I get this error
QUOTE said:
Using OPTION -z : sparse zero filled blocks
Scrub block size: 32768 (1 wii sectors)
Using OPTION: -l : f2 (file:TITLE [ID].ext)
Scrubbing F:\wbfs\Vacation Sports [R8SE41].iso
malloc fst: No error
any ideas?

Does wit or WBM work fine with those games?
(Sorry for the late reply...)

QUOTE(ChaosEnergy @ Nov 29 2010, 10:48 PM)
i found another issue in wbfsfile 2.9
copying an iso may lead to a game name with special char: gamename! [ididid].iso
renaming a game will lead to same name without the special char
so different handling of names inside wbfsfile
trying to rename a game with a special char in filename...results into an error
so not only different results between copy/rename based on the name inside the iso
also i cant rename a copied file into another naming convention, cause it stops
I'm not sure what's the problem here.
wbfs_file doesn't do renaming, so what do you mean by that?
Also, what is the error?

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i will try those games with the other tools

for the renaming:
maybe it is an issue in those batch files, you created them some time ago

the issue is

contains a file an ! the rename process breaks
a file containing a ! inside of the iso, will get named without the ! when done by the rename batch
but will get the ! when coied with the batch

I will send you the batch files

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
rolandpibb said:
celeb23 said:
rolandpibb said:
Is there a forwarder for Config loader that I can use in preloader so it autoboots to it?

http://gbatemp.net/t260516-nforwarder-ios-58

Neither the wad, nor the priiloader dol will point to CFG USB loader. I would love this loader for the kids, but if it doesnt autoboot, I cant use it.
Do you have the dol in the correct directory? It should be /apps/usbloader_cfg/ or /apps/usbloadercfg/ (I think /apps/usbloader/ should also work, but I'm unsure).

QUOTE(Andersioh @ Nov 30 2010, 07:59 AM)
[suggestion]

Hi,

I have a lot of games 100+ on my hdd. I love the 'favorites'-system. Wouldn't it be nice to have more categories we could choose to assign games to instead of just one?

Examples:
- adventures
- games for father
- games for me
- now playing a lot
- super for 2 players
- super for 4 players

Preferably custom naming.

I hope I made my suggestion clear for you...

THANKS!
What you describe is called 'profiles'. The easiest way to manage these is with the Configurator as previously suggested. You can have up to 10 different profile categories and assign different favourites in each profile with the tool. I also suggest that you assign one of the buttons to the profile switch action (e.g., button_C=profile) as then you can easily move between the different profiles without having to go to the global options menu.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
MasterMan said:
oggzee said:
MasterMan said:
Firstly thanks, Oggzee.

Now and then, any version above v60 messes me up. Remote loses sync, screen sets to widescreen (my wii is 4:3 all the time).
4.1U FW softmoded cIOSx r20 base 57, 202, 222-224 hermes installed, Sansumg S2 500gb hd. apps and usb-loader folders are on USB.

On a side note, sometimes my HD goes iddle when i use nint channel or something that longs enough.
So CFG foerwarder hangs/HD doesn't detect.
There's some way i change the iddle time?

can you try this:
Sorry for the dellay, was sleeping all the day and checked it a bit.
61t171 sees to fix my troubles. The problems was frequent when i exited a game by "return_to_channel". Remote would not sync, video was 16:9 and such. Nw it wrked fine, for the little i tested.
But i changed something, installed the Narolez forwarder, moved apps folder from usb to sd, don't know if it changes anything.
But thanks anyway.

One request. Could you make a button to bypass wiinnertag updating? Like pressing Z while booting to not initialize network with info from a game i was merely testing.

Same here, cfg usb loader 61b8-171 fixed temporarily my HDD detection issues. I´ll test it more then post back results.

I had a VIA compatible SATA USB controller chip in my older drive (which I never ever had this problems at all), and now I have a generic SATA-USB chip at my HDD which had these kind of problem detecting my drives.

darkandlong

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question - I added the "titles.txt" file to my USB Loader Folder. When I try to add game titles from the txt file it gives me an error regarding a "Duplicate key value supplied" and only lists 29 games. Is there a workaround for this? Thanks.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Coto said:
Same here, cfg usb loader 61b8-171 fixed temporarily my HDD detection issues. I´ll test it more then post back results.

I had a VIA compatible SATA USB controller chip in my older drive (which I never ever had this problems at all), and now I have a generic SATA-USB chip at my HDD which had these kind of problem detecting my drives.

Confirmed, before I had to turn off my wii to get loader detected my usb hdd, now I don´t need that anymore! in 1 of 2 tries it DETECTS MY HDD WITHOUT PROBLEMS!!!! =D

Thanks to oggzee and DR. Clipper and the other coders for this!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo