Hacking Configurable USB Loader

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GolfDude said:
cant wait for ntfs support to be more stable for fowarders

NTFS read maybe. Writing will always be unstable. It's not like Microsoft will ever release a linux driver, or the source code to NTFS.

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oggzee said:
katrem said:
1. I really like the Coverflow mode but the covers look as if they have a 500 watt spotlight on them ;-) Is there a way to tone this down a bit?
2. Is there a way to hide the game titles in GUI mode?
1. no.
2. try:
gui_text2_color = 00000000
Thanks oggzee!

yanilan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
yanilan said:
That is weird, using v61b2, when press button A to select game, sometime cfg will freeze at loading game info screen, but if press 1 button, never happen this case...
Anyone has same issue with me ?
It's probably playing the banner sound that causes this.
Is it a particular game (which one?) or all or random?
Do you have some mp3 playing in the background?
Does going back to v60 fix this?
What about v61t1 and v61t2?

Thanks your reply
nayps3.gif
oggzee,
This will happen randomly, when I press button A, 2 out of 5 will occur
unsure.gif

Yes, I am using some mp3 being my background music.
No, v60 also has this issue.
Ready to give a shot tonight.

Again, thanks oggzee

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
yanilan said:
Thanks your reply
nayps3.gif
oggzee,
This will happen randomly, when I press button A, 2 out of 5 will occur
unsure.gif

Yes, I am using some mp3 being my background music.
No, v60 also has this issue.
Ready to give a shot tonight.
Again, thanks oggzee
A couple more questions:
What FS do you use? WBFS/FAT/NTFS?
If you disable mp3 playing does it work fine then?
(music=0 or move the mp3s to some other folder)

gsaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any ideas on Shaun White Skateboarding at all?
Wondering if there's AP from Ubisoft as no end of people (me included) seem to be getting nothing but black screen after loading.
Tried with/without motion plus/nunchuck - same result (don't have balance board to try)
I'm using 61b2, ios222 v4 ,FAT32 ext hdd, pal game on pal 4.1 but it seems both pal and ntsc suffer same problem.
There have been a few reports of it working with USB Loader GX and neogamma, but most people report not working (black screen after loading)
Thanks

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pippin666 said:
Burton said:
Pippin666 said:
If you want to play (i.e.) a "guitar" game and the remote is already in, you can still use the wiimote right ??

Pip'
It won't work, because the wiimote pointer is blocked

Pip'
Thank god there is a D-Pad huh.

Pip'
It doesn't work either

Pip'

*ps* Not sure it doesn't work with my guitar (third party one) or it doesn't work at all.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
gsaz said:
Wondering if there's AP from Ubisoft as no end of people (me included) seem to be getting nothing but black screen after loading.
Tried with/without motion plus/nunchuck - same result (don't have balance board to try)
I'm using 61b2, ios222 v4 ,FAT32 ext hdd, pal game on pal 4.1 but it seems both pal and ntsc suffer same problem.
There have been a few reports of it working with USB Loader GX and neogamma, but most people report not working (black screen after loading)
Thanks
worked for me, loading with ios249 rev20 56base v60 cusb, although after few tutorials, first mission to get 10 diamonds, got all 10, it said finished, but then all i could do was keep skating around???

gsaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tHciNc said:
gsaz said:
Thanks
worked for me, loading with ios249 rev20 56base v60 cusb, although after few tutorials, first mission to get 10 diamonds, got all 10, it said finished, but then all i could do was keep skating around???
Doh!
Yup, loads here on ios249 (same as yours) also. Don't have time at the mo to play but at least I know it does actually load now. :-)
First game that hasn't loaded with ios222 for me so far, but I guess there's a first time for everything.

hunter3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Hey guys, sorry for my inactivity, too much to do at school. I updated my forwarder again!
Updates:
Only 680kb!
Reads from FAT32 parition, NTFS support temporary removed, it was very unstable!
Supports meta.xml arguments now (thanks oggzee
yaywii.gif
)

Download:
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v5.wad (right click - save as)
Mediafire Mirror:
http://www.mediafire.com/?t754i8ef82iaz92
CRC32 is ED019739.

Thank you! I don't know what you did, but this fixed crashes I've had with your old forwarder and 62b2

RR99i

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I should post this here or not. My favorite and primary USB loader is, Configurable USB Loader. I got a USB hard drive about 3 months ago. Within the last few weeks, I've noticed something different going on with it. This also happens with USB Loader GX. When running either loader, no game has to be running. My hard drive makes a ticking noise every 5 or so seconds, activity light also does one blink. If I'm not running a USB loader and anywhere else on my Wii (System Menu, Homebrew Channel, etc.), doesn't do it. This worries me and if continues I'm afraid could make the hard drive die. I've done error checking through Windows, doesn't seem to find anything.

Any help or advise and I thank you.
smile.gif

uomopinza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I've been using CFG USB Loader with no problems with all the games I've tried, but now I have a problem and I've not found any solution.

I have a PAL Wii set to 480i and connected to an LCD TV with a RGB cable (scart): I'm trying to play a NTSC game (Dragon's Lair Trilogy) and I've tried to change some video settings in CFG USB Loader, but I'm getting a "red" image or the message "Invalid TV format" (I think this message is from the TV, which does not support the input video signal).

Which are the right settings to force the proper visualization of an NTSC game on a PAL Wii with RGB cable ?

Thank you so much !

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
RR99i said:
My hard drive makes a ticking noise every 5 or so seconds, activity light also does one blink. If I'm not running a USB loader and anywhere else on my Wii (System Menu, Homebrew Channel, etc.), doesn't do it. This worries me and if continues I'm afraid could make the hard drive die. I've done error checking through Windows, doesn't seem to find anything.
My guess is the drive might not be getting enough power (that happens to one of my usb powered drives, if i add power from the second usb it works fine).

Or the ios usb drivers are not communicating properly with your drive, try both versions the normal .dol which uses ios 249 and the -222.dol which uses ios 222.

Or the drive might really be dying. I would also try some S.M.A.R.T. monitoring tools like speedfan, but that one works only for internal drives i think, and very few usb drives.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
RR99i said:
My hard drive makes a ticking noise every 5 or so seconds, activity light also does one blink.
smile.gif

Try to change ur hard drive outer box (if u can) or try to change another USB cable .

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RR99i said:
I don't know if I should post this here or not. My favorite and primary USB loader is, Configurable USB Loader. I got a USB hard drive about 3 months ago. Within the last few weeks, I've noticed something different going on with it. This also happens with USB Loader GX. When running either loader, no game has to be running. My hard drive makes a ticking noise every 5 or so seconds, activity light also does one blink. If I'm not running a USB loader and anywhere else on my Wii (System Menu, Homebrew Channel, etc.), doesn't do it. This worries me and if continues I'm afraid could make the hard drive die. I've done error checking through Windows, doesn't seem to find anything.

smile.gif

Oggzee's right - if it's an external 3.5" drive without it's own power supply then sometimes the wii won't give it enough power. Otherwise if it happens to be a Seagate/Maxtor drive (I think it was a particular Freeagent model but I can't remember now), a number of them had a similar "clicking" issue - if you've got one of these I'd recommend returning it if you can.

sylvio2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I really need HELP !

I softmodded a friends wii and synced my wiimotes with HIS wii.

Now I cant sync the wiimotes with my wii, because I autostart cfg usb loader with priiloader. I dont have a GC-Controller. What can I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think