Hacking Configurable USB Loader

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
what are the odds of CFG supporting nand emulation? i would love to be able to store all my rock band dlc on a vNAND and have cfg use that nand. is there any future for this in cfg?

i can't use uloader as i opted for ntfs. i love cfg so much. sometimes i boot it just to look at it....

QUOTE(Dr. Clipper @ Jul 1 2010, 10:44 PM) Odds of NAND emulation are pretty much zero, sorry.

Any reason for it? I assume its complicated to write code for it. and no need for sorry doc, i got all i could ask for, but new features are always nice
wink.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
VashTS said:
Any reason for it? I assume its complicated to write code for it. and no need for sorry doc, i got all i could ask for, but new features are always nice
wink.gif
Stated several times before. NAND-Emu nearly only use Pirates, in their opinion. And they won't support them, so they don't want to integrate it. Their loader, their rules (and I support them, IMO).

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want it for saves, i don't see how it could be used for piracy. besides dlc in music games. im not trying to be critical when asking why, i was just curious. if piracy is the reason, fine i'm satisifed.

damn i wish i went with fat32. ntfs is a pain in the ass. maybe ill convert this holiday weeked, i got some time, just gotta make the space on the hdds.

peppers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the internal memory only has so many wright cycles, writing to it as few times as possible increases the life span of the Wii.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Well the other reason for no nand emu, is lack of time and interest and it's not a trivial thing to do. (Yes we know the sources are available elsewhere but i still have no plan on doing it)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
VashTS said:
i want it for saves, i don't see how it could be used for piracy.
the devs have determined that the wii's internal memory contains enough space for the all the saves you'll ever need; it's discussed here, i believe.

rofl2.gif
funny ive never seen that before. i think im going to remove my pc memory and replace with 640k

thanks as well here oggzee, i was hoping youd say yes, but im not disappointed. i know it would be complicated.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Covers go here:-

SD_Root\usb-loader\covers
SD_Root\usb-loader\covers\3d
SD_Root\usb-loader\covers\full
SD_Root\usb-loader\covers\disc

I have images in all 4 places. Think by defualt, it displays the ones directly in SD_Root\usb-loader\covers

You just download them via the CFG App in the Wii with WiFi, then they go to the correct place automatically =)

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
My router is pretty far away from my Wii - so it sometimes takes a few tries to get a connection up and running on my console.
This isn't an issue for most homebrew or games, but CFG will only make one attempt to get an IP address via DHCP, and if it doesn't work the first time, it will just give up and will not retry the connection, instead instantly spitting a connection error at me.
Worst still, if my connection drops at all while it's downloading something, instead of attempting to reconnect and resume, it'll delete what's downloaded and say "connection error".

It's a real pain in the ass - any chance you could change this so that it functions a little more elegantly? I'd rather not have to reboot CFG or pull out my SD and throw it in my computer to get the coverart downloaded.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
toejam316 said:
It's a real pain in the ass - any chance you could change this so that it functions a little more elegantly? I'd rather not have to reboot CFG or pull out my SD and throw it in my computer to get the coverart downloaded.

I don't know how many attempts CFG does when it finds out that there's no connection, but I do not have to reboot it to retry: I just re-push the right button on D-Pad and it retries to download the cover.

AR333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey, I have a question - I have a PAL Wii, connected with component - set to 480p - is there a way to force 480i for NTSC-U No More Heroes - the only way I've managed to make it work is by changing the video output in Wii settings to 480i [60Hz] + Force NTSC in CFG USB Loader.
However, while set to 480p, forcing PAL50Hz causes switch to 576i with screen moved way up high, and forcing PAL60Hz causes TV to flicker and show black screen [I think it ignores output - as it's still in 480p mode], Forcing NTSC? Just black screen.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
You can actually force 480p if you like, even if the game doesn't support it when played from the disc. To force 480p, set Video to Force NTSC and Video Patch to All.

The only non-480p game of mine this doesn't work on is Little King's Story.

themuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any option that would allow me to store the theme files either on another usb thumbdrive attached to the wii or the ntfs usb drive?

My SD card is restrictively small in size.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
themuffin said:
Is there any option that would allow me to store the theme files either on another usb thumbdrive attached to the wii or the ntfs usb drive?

You can put it on the same drive as the games if it has a FAT32 partition. It sounds like you have a drive that is fully partitioned to NTFS, so just use a partition manager to repartition the drive to include a FAT32 partition with as much space as you want for the loader and its support files. To make Cfg use the drive, you need to have your whole base directory on there, so move sd:/usb-loader to usb:/usb-loader (or copy the directory and delete or rename sd:/usb-loader/config.txt afterwards) and it should all be good. You also have to make sure there is no config.txt file in the apps subdirectory with the boot.dol, but that is unlikely to be the case.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
themuffin said:

You can put it on the same drive as the games if it has a FAT32 partition. It sounds like you have a drive that is fully partitioned to NTFS, so just use a partition manager to repartition the drive to include a FAT32 partition with as much space as you want for the loader and its support files. To make Cfg use the drive, you need to have your whole base directory on there, so move sd:/usb-loader to usb:/usb-loader (or copy the directory and delete or rename sd:/usb-loader/config.txt afterwards) and it should all be good. You also have to make sure there is no config.txt file in the apps subdirectory with the boot.dol, but that is unlikely to be the case.

Also, any forwarder/hybrid/channel installation/launching must be done from the hard drive where the boot.dol is. I ran into a little problem where I installed a forwarder from the SD card and had all my files on my HDD. It would only look for the SD card. I believe this is clearly explained on his site as well, where the links are for the forwarders.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
OrGoN3 said:
Also, any forwarder/hybrid/channel installation/launching must be done from the hard drive where the boot.dol is. I ran into a little problem where I installed a forwarder from the SD card and had all my files on my HDD. It would only look for the SD card. I believe this is clearly explained on his site as well, where the links are for the forwarders.
What do you mean? A forwarder channel will work the same way regardless if it is installed from the SD or USB. However, most of them look on the SD card first before trying the USB, so you need to make sure none of the directories the forwarder looks for are on the SD if you want it to launch a boot.dol on the USB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay