Hacking Configurable USB Loader

hocuspocus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hocuspocus said:
well i got a fresh hdd 32kB clusters in ntfs format, made a wbfs folder in the root. and everytime in start config. usbloader it just hangs on the v56/249[frag] boot up screen! can anyone help me here?

If this has already been answered someone please add it to the faq! Im running cul from homebrew channel. if you need anymore info just let me know.

hdd = 640gB wd if that makes a difference.

I got it working, after 2 portable hdd and 2flash drives, i got a third flash drive to work. I had no idea the wii was so picky about drives. someone who has a first page post should add this info. If there is a compatibility list somewhere ill add my findings to it.

hitachi H31000U portable hdd enclosure does not work.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
not a bug, but an observation of 'standardising' options / maybe a request.

using 57b7 at the moment and when installing a game, if it already exists on the HDD the only options you get are '1 to do something with the BCA?' and 'B return to menu'.

can we have the 'A eject disc' option included there as well please?

thank you.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
nikeymikey said:
Hi i have a slight issue with cfg....

All of a sudden when i switched on my wii today and cfg loads up, there is about 4 or 5 games that are duplicated on my gamelist.
I have checked the drive on my comp and the games are not duplicated on the drive itself, only in the gamelist on cfg.

Anyone got any ideas?
Can you please go to the global options page and save them, then look for a file called gamelist.txt in the base directory? Please take a look to see if the game is duplicated there. Also specify your drive format. If you save options for one of the games, does the duplicate get the same changes or different ones?

George Dawes said:
I have a small request for the devs to consider:

Somewhere (global options maybe?) that shows the filename of the current playing music file. I have a dir full of .mod files that cfg randomly plays and sometimes I hear a tune I don't recognise. Would be nice if the filename was displayed somewhere (I'd like a full on scroller, but we all know that ain't gonna happen =] ).
I think that if you add debug=1 to config.txt, it will display the name of the playing music file at the base of the console when it changes track.

QUOTE(AndaleTheGreat @ Jun 19 2010, 04:02 AM)
i really meant to ask if there was a why to it. sorry.
anyway, found my backup, copy/pasted that and then updated to beta 7 again but not with 222, works fine now.
We don't fully know why. It is a very rare occurrence possibly related to memory sizing. The workaround is just to restore the backup and try again as you did.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
AndaleTheGreat said:
i really meant to ask if there was a why to it. sorry.
anyway, found my backup, copy/pasted that and then updated to beta 7 again but not with 222, works fine now.
We don't fully know why. It is a very rare occurrence possibly related to memory sizing. The workaround is just to restore the backup and try again as you did.
It could also be related to some random fat filesystem corruption, so i would also recommend connecting the SD to the PC and running a disk check there. (right click on drive / properties / tools / check)

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys.
My problem mentioned some posts ago, after play the first game and then load again the CFG makes freeze, is solved installing the 57b7 version
smile.gif
(I put the "back to loader" for Homebrew, I dont know if this helped or not, but I dont have the problem anymore
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Themes preview is a great tool! Thanks for this release!

Edit
A question:
My HDD (300gb) have 2 partitions, 1 WBFS (primary) with all games and 1 NTFS with multimedia files. I want know if have a possibility to put games in NTFS partition and load with CFG. And how I must create the folder for games. I look in CFG options and he see the NTFS partition.

Thanks for attention one more time
wink.gif

montymintypie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just discovered an interesting issue:

When downloading cheats for SSBB (PAL), it downloads them, but fails to load them. I'm away from the Wii at the moment, but the error is something along the lines of 'Too many lines of code' then comes up with 'parsing error'. I assume this is probably that the number of cheats for SSBB is massive, and for some reason CFG loader has issues loading it.

Is it a limitation of the Ocarina cheat system, or with the loader?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
pedimaisum said:
A question:
My HDD (300gb) have 2 partitions, 1 WBFS (primary) with all games and 1 NTFS with multimedia files. I want know if have a possibility to put games in NTFS partition and load with CFG. And how I must create the folder for games. I look in CFG options and he see the NTFS partition.

Thanks for attention one more time
wink.gif
Read the first post of this thread. There is a complete FAQ about what you are trying to do. Note that you can't install games from disc to the NTFS partition, though.

QUOTE(montymintypie @ Jun 19 2010, 07:21 PM) I've just discovered an interesting issue:

When downloading cheats for SSBB (PAL), it downloads them, but fails to load them. I'm away from the Wii at the moment, but the error is something along the lines of 'Too many lines of code' then comes up with 'parsing error'. I assume this is probably that the number of cheats for SSBB is massive, and for some reason CFG loader has issues loading it.

Is it a limitation of the Ocarina cheat system, or with the loader?
It's a limitation of Cfg, and it is not going to change any time soon. Use a different cheat manager to compile the .txt cheat file into a .gct file and Cfg will be able to use the cheats.

montymintypie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
It's a limitation of Cfg, and it is not going to change any time soon. Use a different cheat manager to compile the .txt cheat file into a .gct file and Cfg will be able to use the cheats.

Ok, thanks.
laugh.gif

Any you can recommend? There's a couple out there, just wondering if you have a preference.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dr. Clipper said:
nikeymikey said:
Hi i have a slight issue with cfg....

All of a sudden when i switched on my wii today and cfg loads up, there is about 4 or 5 games that are duplicated on my gamelist.
I have checked the drive on my comp and the games are not duplicated on the drive itself, only in the gamelist on cfg.

Anyone got any ideas?
Can you please go to the global options page and save them, then look for a file called gamelist.txt in the base directory? Please take a look to see if the game is duplicated there. Also specify your drive format. If you save options for one of the games, does the duplicate get the same changes or different ones?

I have checked the gamelist.txt and yes the games are duplicated in that list. Its normal for every game to be listed twice, but the duplicated games are listed four times!!!

My drive is FAT32, using latest rev of cfg

And yes any changes to the per game options when saved affects the duplicate as well.

the list looks like this, just an example.....

band hero
cake mania : in the mix
call of duty world at war

take cake mania as the example..... if i push 1 on the upper or lower cake mania then push B to go back to game list, the cursor will always default back to the upper cake mania. Hope thats clear to understand lol.

I have not changed anything about my system at all in ages other than updating cfg as and when the betas come. This problem just appeared the other day. I think i was on 57b6 at the time then i updated to 57b7 to see if it fixed the problem. My titles.txt and WiiTDB database are up to date too.

This is only a small bug but it is rather annoying lol

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
nikeymikey said:
I have checked the gamelist.txt and yes the games are duplicated in that list. Its normal for every game to be listed twice, but the duplicated games are listed four times!!!

And yes any changes to the per game options when saved affects the duplicate as well.

band hero

take cake mania as the example..... if i push 1 on the upper or lower cake mania then push B to go back to game list, the cursor will always default back to the upper cake mania. Hope thats clear to understand lol.

I have not changed anything about my system at all in ages other than updating cfg as and when the betas come. This problem just appeared the other day. I think i was on 57b6 at the time then i updated to 57b7 to see if it fixed the problem. My titles.txt and WiiTDB database are up to date too.

OK, that is very strange. I have no clue what could have possibly made it work that way. Please try downgrading and see if it goes back to normal. Also try renaming settings.cfg and playstats.txt to some other names and starting the loader again. Also, can you confirm if there are any directories in you wbfs folder that don't have games in them?

fcreeves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK...just started using CFG Loader as I have 1.5TB HD. Formatted FAT32, FAT, WBFS, and a little NTFS.

I have been using WiiFlow Forever. I installed games to FAT/wbfs/(GAME_ID_GAME_Dir) have about 100 Games on the FAT.

I was moving some new Games to WBFS to tried Wifflow today and it locks up when I try to access..WiiFlow can not play a game once accessed!!

I have been file swapping and check HD...everything is A-OK w/ WBFS except for WiiFlow?

Why am I posting this here in CFG section? This same issue happened to my friend across the country who was setting up a nearly identical hard drive and he said WiiFlow stopped working also. I will post this issue w/ WiiFlow, however. We both started using CFG as it is an ideal setup to play games on 1 Wii with 1 hard drive when you have more than 500 games.

Is there an issue for using CFG for FAT games and making WiiFlow not work anymore? Just a heads up. If anyone has any solutions on ideas here it would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to stop using WiiFlow for my WBFS partition.

On to post this issue w/ WiiFlow now.

EDIT. Just pulled another 1.5 HD from downstairs that I was using to build a 1TB (no issue w/ new drive) and WiiFlow launches POP_FS (and others) just fine. I just started using Wii Game Mgr 1.5 also...this may be the culpret also as I started using it with CFG.

The same issue happened to a 1TB WD My Book and to my 1.5TB FreeAgent with same partition set up. I have other HDs that work fine wo the FAT partition. CFG and GX launch games from WBFS w/ No Problem? The issue is only on drive I have been using CFG WiiGame MGR. I will continue to use Boolean logic try to get some answers on this issue. I usually have multiple ext hard drives on hand to test with as to do tinkering with.

Has anyone else had WiiFlow or HD issues once they started using CFG/Wii Game Mgr? Any ideas?

BIG EDIT: Wiiflow 2.0 Fixed issue. was on 1.1r43. CFG and WiiFlow play nicely together. Perfect setup to have ALL Wii Games one 1 Drive!!! Everything Works on Wii...now if TriiForce would only work on drives larger than 1TB...that's another thread though. That and having ideal IOS configuration for 4.1 and 4.2 is the only thing I have to work on now. Loving the Wii as much as my orig Xboxs now!!!

Lord_Possum

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,
i have 2 request: it's possible to have a gui mode that display the banners of the games? If it's possible to play the banner's sound it would be possible to see the entire banner..
Second: News about ngamer cards update?

and a little issue: when are connected 2 or more?) wii remote the second doesn't show the pointer, but it works with D-pad.

anray

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fcreeves said:
OK...just started using CFG Loader as I have 1.5TB HD. Formatted FAT32, FAT, WBFS, and a little NTFS.
Wiiflow and GX is not works properly, when use the NTFS/FAT partition for game backups. Previously, I learned it by experience. For wbfs Neogamma is best when not needed best GUI interface. Now i'm use the NTFS partition for backups and CFG the only thing working on this loader

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dr. Clipper said:
nikeymikey said:

band hero

OK, that is very strange. I have no clue what could have possibly made it work that way. Please try downgrading and see if it goes back to normal. Also try renaming settings.cfg and playstats.txt to some other names and starting the loader again. Also, can you confirm if there are any directories in you wbfs folder that don't have games in them?

I have tried your suggestions Dr Clipper and there is no diffference. I have tried formating my sd card too, still no difference. I am currently deleting and reinstalling the duplicated games now.

EDIT: I HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM........ there seems to be 2 folders for each game in my wbfs folder on my drive!!!!! After deleting the dupes he problem is fixed.
My next question is how and why did this happen? The games that were duplicated were copied to the drive a long time ago, what would make the loader suddenly duplicate the folders of these games on my drive. The dupe folders only had a text file in and no actual .wbfs files......
Wierd...... The 9th of June seems to be a consistant date that the dupes were created. Oh well its sorted now so i guess its ok. Unless it happens again.

Hmm heres an example.... from my folder list on hdd.

Name Date Modified
Legend Of Spyro - Eternal Night [RO7E7D] 14/12/2009 14:11 (Original Folder created when game installed to drive)

Spyro - Eternal Night [RO7E7D] 9/6/2010 19:30 ( .wbfs file is now in this folder)

from this i see that the name of the game has changed (maybe on WiiTDB) and that has forced the folder change. Maybe the loader needs to know to delete the original folder when this happens.

All of my dupes seem to of had slight changes to the game name, all on 9/6/2010. Maybe i updated my WiiTDB file or titles.txt on that day...........

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that really seems more the like the work of a backup manager than the loader, i just dont think it has the capabilities do what you are describing. perhaps the configurator does, but the loader? what app/apps do you use to manage these games and your hard drive?

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You maybe right about it being the configurator I do remember playing around with it when I updated to 57b6 a while ago.

As for a manager I've always used wiibackupmanger and that hasn't been updated in ages, so itsnot that and besides the games that were duped were installed ages ago.

buddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got around to trying to compile CFG, and it does compile successfully, but compiles v56. Is there a way to get it to compile the latest 57b7? I did look through the makefile for override switches, and while I can get it to compile a build that is labeled 57b7, it does not have the newest options (themes, et)

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
buddy said:
I just got around to trying to compile CFG, and it does compile successfully, but compiles v56. Is there a way to get it to compile the latest 57b7? I did look through the makefile for override switches, and while I can get it to compile a build that is labeled 57b7, it does not have the newest options (themes, et)

thats probably because it hasn't been upped to the SVN yet and wont for another few full releases as the SVN is pretty much at least one release behind

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0