Hacking Configurable USB Loader

hispanico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
...i try to update the version (i have 56 rel.) but i receive always "..Bad gatway...". While update titles and database no problems !

Thank
Hispa

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hispanico said:
...i try to update the version (i have 56 rel.) but i receive always "..Bad gatway...". While update titles and database no problems !

Thank
Hispa
have you tried downloading it to your computer and updating manually?

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@ Dr Clipper, me again (post from top of page 704)

anyways sorry it took so long to get back at you with an update. well there is good and bad news for me, after making sure all my t's were crossed and i's dotted (eg. 222/223 are v4 & 249 is v19). i went ahead and implemented your recommendation.

The good news is pop did not freeze during the jump, nor did it seem to freeze during the "hiccup"that followed.

so here is what's going on, i got past the jump through the archway and around the corner.
next i pull the chain for one of those doors that come down slowly, go through and find a room with a teeter totter like bridge.
the pov here is only 2D, i step on the switch directly infront of me and the end of the bridge closes to me goes down. i continue to collect the two blue chest, then run up the bridge and step on the switch that is located on the far side. now the bridge tilts in the opposite direction.

i jump down grab the chain that open the exit door, run up the bridge in order to step onto the first switch. so that i can run up the other side and make it through the exit before the door closes on me and then ......

i make it through just in the nick of time , only to see a greenish yellow fog but what do i hear? it sound like a five second loop of the audio track.

yup that's two times this has happened, same place same time. but this time when i hit the reset button, my console resets no problem.
wacko.gif

hispanico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OncleJulien said:
hispanico said:

Thank
Hispa

No...but where is the last beta ? and manually i must overwrite all files ??

Thank

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
connect you hdd to your pc use configurator to update cfg loader it's quick and easy
here i bookmarked the page 57b4 is on (http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-usb-loader?&st=10320)not sure which page 57b5 is on

hispanico said:
OncleJulien said:
hispanico said:

Thank
Hispa

No...but where is the last beta ? and manually i must overwrite all files ??

Thank

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
transam81 said:
not sure which page 57b5 is on

Here's the post for v57b5:
QUOTE(Dr. Clipper @ May 25 2010, 07:22 AM) cfg v57b5 (beta5)
cfg57b5.dol
cfg57b5-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v57b5 (beta5)
* .wip patches now working
* fix for .txt cheat detection (some cheats were incorrectly identified as editable)
* New per-game option:
clear_patches = [0],1,all
When on (1) return_to_channel and the dvd check are disabled
When 'all', then all .dol patches are disabled
* disable_pop_patch fix

This makes it easier to get PoP working. Just set the Clear Patches field in the per-game options for PoP to All if you are experiencing difficulty. It also means you can re-enable return_to_channel in config.txt and set Clear Patches to On just for PoP. PoP will then be the only game which doesn't return to your specified channel.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
nikeymikey said:
I tried uLoader for a while but i came straight back to cfg for a few reasons...
The setting up to get it working properly isn't a problem, neither is the only working with .cisos (my files are all .wbfs, but a batch convert won't take very long and any new ones would be getting converted anyway - wbfs or ciso makes no difference)

I also would like to continue using cfg with these enhancements, but nobody is interested in it so pointless me complaining, I'll just switch over (can always switch back if I need, or more likely use both).

I don't think there is anything for hermes to get "spot on", it just sounds like ozgee couldn't get v5 features implemented.

bobthebigbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
While we are all asking for stuff we know we wont get, can I also make a request for supporting the "newer" Guitar Hero World Tour and Band Hero instruments.
I too would like to see SD DLC saving working.

Anyhow. Great loader guys. I'm not interested in switching to another loader even if they do have these things working. This is still the best!

Mazot24

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,
=P Im new around here but i wanted to make a good contribution to the forums so I made a WAD of the Configurable USB Loader,
(Not a fowarder an actual wad)
Sorry for the size
yaywii.gif
hope you enjoy
blush.gif

Credits:
OggZee~Made the Application,
PepXl~Images used for the WAD,

Downloads:
V56 Folder : Here
(Older Versions Coming Soon!!!)

yaywii.gif
Hows That for a Good First Post???

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
SquareWheel said:
Is Hermes a must-have for Cgf USB Loader? If so, is v4 or v5 preferred?
It's not a must, but it is helpful. Definitely use v4, though. v5 222 works mostly OK, but the others have issues.

bobthebigbat said:
While we are all asking for stuff we know we wont get, can I also make a request for supporting the "newer" Guitar Hero World Tour and Band Hero instruments.

Anyhow. Great loader guys. I'm not interested in switching to another loader even if they do have these things working. This is still the best!
I might try seeing whether I can integrate the new libogc (which is needed for the other instruments). Unfortunately, I only have a Guitar Hero 3 guitar, myself, so testing will be up to others.

QUOTE(Mazot24 @ May 28 2010, 09:09 PM)
Hey Guys,=P Im new around here but i wanted to make a good contribution to the forums so I made a WAD of the Configurable USB Loader,(Not a fowarder an actual wad)
Is this a hybrid, or just a full channel?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dr. Clipper said:
[...]
I might try seeing whether I can integrate the new libogc (which is needed for the other instruments). Unfortunately, I only have a Guitar Hero 3 guitar, myself, so testing will be up to others.
[..]

That sounds really strange. Any source for this? I thought it requires to use another IOS as base, 56 or 57.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Dr. Clipper said:
[...]
[..]

That sounds really strange. Any source for this? I thought it requires to use another IOS as base, 56 or 57.
I thought he was talking about within the loader, as GHWT and stuff only required 37 IIRC.

SquareWheel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dr. Clipper said:
It's not a must, but it is helpful. Definitely use v4, though. v5 222 works mostly OK, but the others have issues.
Okay, thanks. I check back into the "Wii scene" every few months, and boy do you guys move fast. I tried installing Hermes v5 earlier and got a hash error, but I'll try again with v4. Thanks again, and congrats on making the tools you do.

Mazot24

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
SquareWheel said:
Is Hermes a must-have for Cgf USB Loader? If so, is v4 or v5 preferred?

bobthebigbat said:

QUOTE(Mazot24 @ May 28 2010, 09:09 PM)
Hey Guys,=P Im new around here but i wanted to make a good contribution to the forums so I made a WAD of the Configurable USB Loader,(Not a fowarder an actual wad)
Is this a hybrid, or just a full channel?

Full thing

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Not to rain on your parade, but a full chan of an outdated version of the loader is a little pointless. Better to use a hybrid channel, or a simple forwarder.

As for my change to uloader I think I'll stick with cfg but use a SNEEK nand to enable saving direct to SD. My first try with SNEEK was with a nand dump, and it was too slow to use. I've tried again with a nand I created with just the system menu and the IOS' I need and the speed is almost as fast as running from the nand in the wii.

Not quite the solution I wanted (will have to extract saves manually, and no proper SD access whilst using it, but close enough). WW/VC from within cfg would be the icing on the cake though - for now I can live with adding them to my emulated nand with showmiiwads.

I still want to give uloader a try though, see how well it works.

Razor1993

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi CFG USB Loader Team!,
i wanted to aktivate ocarina codes on the loader but there are many bugs on the new version!
i cant press the mark button on the code because that i cant klick the "export to gct file" button.
did anybody have an idea why??? im using the newest version on ios 250 rev 19 base 57

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Razor1993 said:
Hi CFG USB Loader Team!,
i wanted to aktivate ocarina codes on the loader but there are many bugs on the new version!
i cant press the mark button on the code because that i cant klick the "export to gct file" button.
did anybody have an idea why??? im using the newest version on ios 250 rev 19 base 57

This is a known bug. Dr Clipper will fix it for the next beta. Just use the loaders update function to revert back to the last version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Being old and bitter has its advantages lol