Hacking Configurable USB Loader

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Dr. Clipper.

Maybe you should add the latest Beta's and Changelog to the 1st Post.

Makes it simpler to find the latest info, saves trawling the thread.

Regards. Great Work.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
C.S.I. said:
@Dr. Clipper.

Maybe you should add the latest Beta's and Changelog to the 1st Post.

Makes it simpler to find the latest info, saves trawling the thread.

Regards. Great Work.

only Oggzee can do that because its his OP and its usually updated on full release ony and not beta's

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think i've found a bug with the new 57b5, whatever was done to the cheat text file reader has broken it. Now no cheats can be selected at all, they are all greyed out with no check boxes.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
I have detected a small bug in 57b5. The save feature of per-game options will not save the clear_patches value properly. If you use the newest release of the Configurator to save the setting, it will be loaded correctly by 57b5, though. Thus, either use the Configurator to save the clear_patches value or edit settings.cfg to replace the 'clean' option in there with 'clear_patches' instead. This will, of course, be fixed in the next beta release.

nikeymikey said:
I think i've found a bug with the new 57b5, whatever was done to the cheat text file reader has broken it. Now no cheats can be selected at all, they are all greyed out with no check boxes.
I'll look into it. I did test it on a few games, but perhaps I messed up something.

Edit: OK, I messed up something. Will be fixed by next beta

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
testyou said:
223-mload
2 patch=1

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
57b4 OK
57b5 freezes at a specific point every time

Why?
2 patch? What point?

Hmm... Were you perhaps using disable_pop_patch = 1? That disables the PoP patch. You only want to use that if you want to test the .wip solution instead. It was broken in 57b4 and it disabled the NSMB patch instead, which is why it would have worked there.

Farquad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi just thought I'd let you know just in case this happens to anyone else (might just be me!) but if you choose to have background music then the theme will change to one of the CFG themes. I have Grey Matter set to default and it works when i disable a background track but when I enable music to be played it doesn't work.
huh.gif

Edit: Never mind, I got it working. Still not sure how it happened in the first place though.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Farquad said:
Hi just thought I'd let you know just in case this happens to anyone else (might just be me!) but if you choose to have background music then the theme will change to one of the CFG themes. I have Grey Matter set to default and it works when i disable a background track but when I enable music to be played it doesn't work.
huh.gif

Edit: Never mind, I got it working. Still not sure how it happened in the first place though.
You probably saved global settings with a different theme. They have priority over the one set in config.txt

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
mayu29 said:
Dr Clipper is there a way to change that grey boot loading screen of cfg with a more vivid one?
The only way to do so is to recompile your own version of Cfg. It's impossible to make it configurable as the config is only read at the very end of the boot process (just before the screen disappears).

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dr Clipper, thank you and the CFG team for this great loader, but I have a feature request, if it's possible. I believe USB GX has it already, but could you add in the ability to boot Gamecube games(disks, NOT usb)? I basically have CFG setup as my system menu(priiloader -> USB CFG forwarder -> USB CFG), and would love if I could start my GC games from here instead of needing to go all the way to the System Menu.

WAIKIKI728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
mayu29 said:
Dr Clipper is there a way to change that grey boot loading screen of cfg with a more vivid one?
The only way to do so is to recompile your own version of Cfg. It's impossible to make it configurable as the config is only read at the very end of the boot process (just before the screen disappears).

Thanks a lot to all the developers ..the new version is working now with clear_patches:all
nayps3.gif

With PAL and ntfs game...

Thanks a lot!!!!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
daxtsu said:
Dr Clipper, thank you and the CFG team for this great loader, but I have a feature request, if it's possible. I believe USB GX has it already, but could you add in the ability to boot Gamecube games(disks, NOT usb)? I basically have CFG setup as my system menu(priiloader -> USB CFG forwarder -> USB CFG), and would love if I could start my GC games from here instead of needing to go all the way to the System Menu.
We already support GC discs. Well, at least original discs. You can access the disc booting via the Main Menu (push -) or assign the boot_disc action to a button if you like.

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ehr, Dr Clipper, when publidshing the source codes ? I'm corious about pop patch and wip fix. Thanks for your beautifull work.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
xabby666 said:
Ehr, Dr Clipper, when publidshing the source codes ? I'm corious about pop patch and wip fix. Thanks for your beautifull work.
oggzee's MO would be to release 57 when 58 reaches beta. However, I can give you the low down on the patch. The PoP patch is just patching the same memory as the .wip patch. I went for the quick and easy implementation:

CODEbool PrinceOfPersiaPatch()
{
ÂÂÂÂif (memcmp("SPX", (char *)0x80000000, 3) == 0 || memcmp("RPW", (char *)0x80000000, 3) == 0) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂu8 *p = (u8 *)0x807AEB6A;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x6F;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x6A;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x7A;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x6B;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂp = (u8 *)0x807AEB75;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x69;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x39;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x7C;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x7A;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂp = (u8 *)0x807AEB82;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x68;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x6B;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x73;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x76;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂp = (u8 *)0x807AEB92;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x75;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x70;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x80;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x71;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂp = (u8 *)0x807AEB9D;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x6F;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x3F;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x82;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p++ = 0x80;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂreturn true;
ÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂreturn false;
}

The .wip fix is a bit more complicated. You have to delay all other patches to ensure the .wip patch works properly. oggzee actually added the code (copied from NeoGamma) to delay the patches as an attempt to fix the Peppa Pig support a while back. However, that didn't help and he commented out the changes and then found the real fix. If you look in the 56 source specifically for the stuff disabled by the #ifdef DELAY_PATCH. All I did to fix .wip was enable that code (however, I also put a hidden configurable option to disable that code if we need to
wink2.gif
).

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
WAIKIKI728 said:
ConJ said:
............... NTSC version of game................

Works perfectly.

Did you turn on any options?¿'...I mean...did you turn on the videopatch...anti 002....games defalut?¿?...

It´s just strange that one ntfs game works in a Pal wii without to turn any of these options....
closedeyes.gif

P.D.:Maybe this only wokrs for English language...?¿?...

Thanks a lot for your fast reply...

Don't think I ever change video settings, or any settings. For any game, NTSC or PAL (I have a PAL console, living in enland)

Unless a game needs cIOS 222 or 223, or alt.dol.

WAIKIKI728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[quote name='ConJ' .......

Don't think I ever change video settings, or any settings. For any game, NTSC or PAL (I have a PAL console, living in enland)

Unless a game needs cIOS 222 or 223, or alt.dol......
[/quote]

Don´t worry ....Thanks for your fast reply....Pop already works for me with last rev. of cfg loader...
nayps3.gif
.The only thing i miss...and if it´s possible is a small preview from the themes that can be downloaded...

P.D.:Again...thanks to all the developers for their patient with newbies like me and go on like this....CFG LOADER...the best loader ...
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram