Hacking Configurable USB Loader

OGTiago

Trophies
Website
google.pt
XP
Country
This will do for now. Worked fine, thanks.

One more thing, I am using NTFS hard drive, I use Wii Backup Manager to transfer the games over.

When I load the USB hard drive it says no WBFS found, and I have to then select the NTFS partition. Minor annoyance but is this normal? People told me I could use NTFS system so I found it weird.

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Dr. Clipper said:
OK, here's the deal. The following should work:

1: Make sure you don't have a .wip patch in the directory as that will screw things up.
2: Have video at Game Default
3: Turn off all of: Video Patch, Country Fix, Alt Dol, Ocarina, VIDTV, Anti 002, Block IOS Reload
4: If you are using IOS222, add disable_dvd_patch=1 to config.txt.
5: Do not use return_to_channel option
6: You must be using v57b4 of Cfg
7: wiird must also be off

There is a possibility the game will also have to be from your region, but it probably works fine with the imports still.

Hi Dr. Clipper, I'm new on the forum and on the CFG USBLOADER (I use Gx before). First, I really appreciate Cfg! Very clean and stable
wink.gif

Now....I set the this configs mentioned with Configurator app (installed on SD). 4.2U IOS 249 rev14, (with "Z" on the region code) clean .ISO (not patched). Just put the iso on WBFS partition and load with loader.

I passed every point of freezing, home, fountain, chess, etc.....but, after the big creature (after the sword scene), I climbed on the flowers wall, and in the next flowers wall, its freeze
frown.gif

Something wrong with my configurations?

Kreegoth

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this is a stupid question but i cannot seem to get the search function to turn up a decent answer on this question..

Is it completely safe to use the built in feature of Configurable USB loader to look for updates?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kreegoth said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question but i cannot seem to get the search function to turn up a decent answer on this question..

Is it completely safe to use the built in feature of Configurable USB loader to look for updates?
extremely.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I found that some HDD and Pendrives aren't compatible with this loader, either in FAT, NTFS or WBFS partition.
(Like some generic HDD, pendrives between 1 and 4 gb that are slow, etc..)
The issue is in the loader or in the cios?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
OGTiago said:
This will do for now. Worked fine, thanks.

One more thing, I am using NTFS hard drive, I use Wii Backup Manager to transfer the games over.

When I load the USB hard drive it says no WBFS found, and I have to then select the NTFS partition. Minor annoyance but is this normal? People told me I could use NTFS system so I found it weird.
Create a config.txt file in either sd:/usb-loader or the apps directory where boot.dol is and then Cfg will know where you want to save stuff. You would be best off just grabbing the latest full version and just copying the whole "InSDRoot\usb-loader" directory to sd:/usb-loader.

Once you have that, you can add "partition = ntfs1" to config.txt or save your global settings in the loader and Cfg will remember your partition choice so you don't need to enter it each time.

goku1980 said:
that disable dvd patch is that the nsmb ?
man im lost
Without the DVD check patch, some games require there to be a disc in the drive when using IOS222. However, it seems that PoP looks for many patches in the main.dol and commits suicide if it detects them. You only need to disable it if you want to play PoP with 222.

pedimaisum said:
Hi Dr. Clipper, I'm new on the forum and on the CFG USBLOADER (I use Gx before). First, I really appreciate Cfg! Very clean and stable
wink.gif

Now....I set the this configs mentioned with Configurator app (installed on SD). 4.2U IOS 249 rev14, (with "Z" on the region code) clean .ISO (not patched). Just put the iso on WBFS partition and load with loader.

I passed every point of freezing, home, fountain, chess, etc.....but, after the big creature (after the sword scene), I climbed on the flowers wall, and in the next flowers wall, its freeze
frown.gif

I'd say you just had a random crash as all games do. If it happens more frequently, let us know.

QUOTE(TyRaNtM @ May 21 2010, 05:03 AM)
I found that some HDD and Pendrives aren't compatible with this loader, either in FAT, NTFS or WBFS partition.
(Like some generic HDD, pendrives between 1 and 4 gb that are slow, etc..)
The issue is in the loader or in the cios?
If you find another loader in which the same drive works, let us know and we will try to correct the problem. Otherwise, it is difficult to tell where the incompatibility lies, and we can't really do anything.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, one more thing.

The next version will likely include a per-game "clean" option that allows you to select games to disable all the troublesome patches at once. That way, you can retain return_to_channel for other games while still being able to play PoP.

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
pedimaisum said:
wink.gif

frown.gif

QUOTEI'd say you just had a random crash as all games do. If it happens more frequently, let us know.

Thanks Dr. Clipper! I'll Try it more times when I go home and Tonight I'll post the results.
One more question: I can play all the other games with this configuration by default, or I have to configure every time to play Pop and when I play other game, to re-configure? Thanks!

PS.: I'll make some themes for Cfg, by the way
wink.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
pedimaisum said:
Thanks Dr. Clipper! I'll Try it more times when I go home and Tonight I'll post the results.
One more question: I can play all the other games with this configuration by default, or I have to configure every time to play Pop and when I play other game, to re-configure? Thanks!

PS.: I'll make some themes for Cfg, by the way
wink.gif
The configuration should be fine for other games. Those games that need special treatment (alt dol games, usb peripheral games etc.) still need their special treatment, though.

RyanRDLPS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for your help everyone!
It turned out in the end I had a bad rip of the ISO. As another install of the retail copy booted right up. Bah. Oh well. THANKS ALL AGAIN! On a side note which region is this game anyway? Is it PAL,or NTSC?

And dollars to donuts Galaxy 2 is hacked by this Sunday! Your all an amazing team! Nintendo should hire all of you to write its anti-piracy code! Heh.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
RyanRDLPS said:
It turned out in the end I had a bad rip of the ISO. As another install of the retail copy booted right up. Bah. Oh well. THANKS ALL AGAIN! On a side note which region is this game anyway? Is it PAL,or NTSC?
You don't know which region your retail copy is from?!

RyanRDLPS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, so far no program can detect it. Its a new region ID or something similar. Its like a "multi region" or something. I didn't even know that was legal in terms of media production.

SoiC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys
I'm having problems getting monster hunter 3 to work. I'm 4.2u running cfg Usb loader rev 57b4 off my usb flash drive and I have the wbfs file system on my SD card. I can only get cios 249 base 57 and up to actually load the game but I get stuck at the black Screen with noise because I cant get any base 37 cios to boot the game. I think its because im using USB flash sticks to load iso off SD system because I heard 222 wont work with SDs. I would switch to sd load off usb but my wii gets error -1 /-100 when trying to read games off usb. This error occurs for ALL the loaders Ive tried fat and ntfs. Ive followed wiibrickers guide for installing cios and the best Ive got was making cfg play (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=212497&st=0&p=2646561& ).
Thanks in advance
CFG ROCKZ!!!!!
yaywii.gif

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
RyanRDLPS said:
You don't know which region your retail copy is from?!
LOL
laugh.gif

Abx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I boot a retail disc through Cfg Loader, the game will load using a cIOS or the original system IOS intended for the game?

lejong2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I updated to the latest cfg usb loader.
This is my system ; FAT formatted HDD, cIOS249 rev19.

But I cannot run the PoP correctly, it stops on black screen after logo.

Any Idea?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same. +1