or at least update the readme thingy
tongue.gif

bxjoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a strange issue with the loader, The audio will skip every few minutes and always seems to happen when i see the wii drive led flash. While the game is in action this never seems to happen, but during cut scenes every few minutes and once it does the audio is out of sync. The worst offender of this prob is Twilight Princess, when audio skips its is followed by a short screeching stat-icky sound

My specs on 4.1 softmod, cfg loader v52-fat, IOS 222 rev 4
I am using a WD Essentials 640GB USB HDD - 200GB Fat partition for game loading

If any more info is needed, just let me know, thanks.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
GolfDude said:
what changes are in the new v53b that jsut popped up ?
Be patient. There were massive downtimes on GBATemp and it was impossible to complete the release. Also, don't trust any versions that appear on the download site until they are announced here, they may be a work in progress and are subject to change until announcement.

tj_cool said:
would be handy if they'd actually put the changelog on google code
or at least update the readme thingy
tongue.gif

README-CFG.txt gets updated with every version (or at least it should be). Again, this was just delays due to downtime.

QUOTE(bxjoe @ Feb 21 2010, 07:38 AM)
Having a strange issue with the loader, The audio will skip every few minutes and always seems to happen when i see the wii drive led flash. While the game is in action this never seems to happen, but during cut scenes every few minutes and once it does the audio is out of sync. The worst offender of this prob is Twilight Princess, when audio skips its is followed by a short screeching stat-icky sound

My specs on 4.1 softmod, cfg loader v52-fat, IOS 222 rev 4
I am using a WD Essentials 640GB USB HDD - 200GB Fat partition for game loading

If any more info is needed, just let me know, thanks.
This is spindown. Try to see if you can find an application from WD to disable it.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v53b (beta)
cfg53b.dol
cfg53b-fat.dol
lang53b.zip
unifont.dat
(or online update)

Changes:
cfg v53b (beta)

* Better handling of corrupted cover images - they should not crash
the loader anymore and will be renamed to filename.bad (usptactical)
* Japanese / Chinese translation and wiitdb support (oggzee)
A new font file is required for this: sd:/usb-loader/unifont.dat
* Play-log fixes (Removed ISFS stuff) (Clipper)
* Scroll option screens if the console size is too small (Clipper)
* Removed wiiboxart from URLs. (Clipper)
* print cover download url and progress (oggzee)
* force fat freespace update when installing (oggzee)

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wulfie said:
using fat32 for my apps, covers, etc, and NTFS for my .wbfs files, not had a single problem. I don't understand why everyone recommends fat32 over NTFS

Can't rip to NTFS, and I think games are the full 4.7 gigs for NTFS, with all the rubbish data still present. Using FAT32 scrubs them down beautifully.

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
bubbleboy said:
Can't rip to NTFS, and I think games are the full 4.7 gigs for NTFS, with all the rubbish data still present. Using FAT32 scrubs them down beautifully.

In NTFS the file system use sparse ISO. If you look at the proprieties of the iso, you will see that the ISO is 4.2 Gb, but the space on disk is much less.

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
cheers guys u seem to be updating weekly i check here daily to see if theres another new update with awesome features i can test out

omg NTFS DOESNT HAVE WRITE ABILITIES implemented into CFG Loader.... yet
Read the first page

hmm seen the post above if writing to ntfs(when its implemented) would it be in wbfs format... could it be in iso and be sparsed?

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally i think all this NTFS stuff is a waste of time, FAT32 works great and works with most homebrew and not just USB Loaders.

wulfie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bubbleboy said:
wulfie said:
using fat32 for my apps, covers, etc, and NTFS for my .wbfs files, not had a single problem. I don't understand why everyone recommends fat32 over NTFS

convert .iso to .wbfs, keeping just the game partition works just fine for me, maybe you should do a bit more research before posting
lecture.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(nikeymikey @ Feb 21 2010, 07:11 AM)
Personally i think all this NTFS stuff is a waste of time, FAT32 works great and works with most homebrew and not just USB Loaders.

How is it a waste of time? if your game is more than 4gb you'd have to split it anyhow, which isn't the case with NTFS

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wulfie said:
bubbleboy said:
wulfie said:

convert .iso to .wbfs, keeping just the game partition works just fine for me, maybe you should do a bit more research before posting
lecture.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(nikeymikey @ Feb 21 2010, 07:11 AM)

How is it a waste of time? if your game is more than 4gb you'd have to split it anyhow, which isn't the case with NTFS

Come on how many wii games are actually over 4Gig? Not very many. And as you need to use a computer/program to transfer to your drive anyway i dont see any problem with splitting the few games that need it. Its much better than messing about with sparse ISO's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...