Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
kaligula said:
Thank´s i have found r17
Oh, BTW, I just read the rest of your post. Don't waste your time translating it into German. There'll be a much easier way to do that very soon.

In the meantime, we don't have a German translation for the Configurator app yet. Do you want to give that a go?

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to update from v51b3 to v51 FAT but when I exit then enter the loader, it doesn't show the version as v51 on the bottom right corner, is there a problem with the online updating process?

kaligula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dr. Clipper said:
kaligula said:
Thank´s i have found r17
Oh, BTW, I just read the rest of your post. Don't waste your time translating it into German. There'll be a much easier way to do that very soon.

In the meantime, we don't have a German translation for the Configurator app yet. Do you want to give that a go?

Hello,

yes i can do that for you. can you give me the csv with the english names and i translate it in german for you. That would be nice.

I get even with devkitPPc r17 error in the non-amended Script

WAIKIKI728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all ..i have to say i am totally newbie here...but i have several ...how i say...questions...recomendations...or requests...

In the next update :

Can you think about to use the global settings for automaticlly change the gui_style and the other options?¿?
Actually it only changes the theme..but maybe it´s possible to change the gui_style for not having to edit the config.txt file every time i want to comprove how are all the styles...grid..flow..coverflow...

Is it possible a Spanish translation?¿?

However i only have to thank you fir this...

Many people are talking about wiiflow ...I choose the cfg loader like the best one at this moment!!!!
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Good job!!!!!

HemiSync

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
I tried to update from v51b3 to v51 FAT but when I exit then enter the loader, it doesn't show the version as v51 on the bottom right corner, is there a problem with the online updating process?
I know the updating process works okay, but I did have something similar happen once and downloading the files from here and manually updating straightened it out. Sometimes you just get a bad download when using the internet via the Wii.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiwu said:
I would like to suggest a feature to globally adjust the brightness / gamma in the loader. It will help to make the darker covers more visible.

I'm not sure what you mean. You want the cover images "brighter"? The currently selected cover is always drawn with maximum brightness for that png. Everything else is dimmed slightly. If the brightness is artificially raised, it would most likely wash out the lighter covers. If the selected cover is too dark for you, then you should either increase the image's levels via photoshop or recalibrate your TV settings.

Wiiwu

Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
usptactical said:
Wiiwu said:
I would like to suggest a feature to globally adjust the brightness / gamma in the loader. It will help to make the darker covers more visible.

I'm not sure what you mean. You want the cover images "brighter"? The currently selected cover is always drawn with maximum brightness for that png. Everything else is dimmed slightly. If the brightness is artificially raised, it would most likely wash out the lighter covers. If the selected cover is too dark for you, then you should either increase the image's levels via photoshop or recalibrate your TV settings.

Yes if possible, a option to artificially boost the brightness would help with darker covers, washing out the lighter ones is better than photoshopping many covers and calibrating TV just for the covers will make everything else too bright.

Wiiwu

Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I use wbfs_file to convert iso to wbfs files but found it doesn't name the folders as per titles.txt and the rename_folders-title [id].vbs doesn't help.

So I did a little modification to rename_folders-title [id].vbs to let it rename all folders that are in TITLE [ID] format to the nice names in titles.txt.

You can copy and save below into your own whatever.vbs file to use it.

CODEstrInputFile = "titles.txt"

Function ReadTextFile(strInputFile)
'Read contents of text file and return array with one element for each line.
ÂÂConst FOR_READING = 1
ÂÂSet fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
ÂÂIf Not fso.FileExists(strInputFile) Then
ÂÂÂÂWScript.Echo strInputFile & " not found!ÂÂMake sure you place it in THIS folder!!!"
ÂÂÂÂWScript.Quit(1)
ÂÂEnd If
ÂÂSet objTextStream = fso.OpenTextFile(strInputFile, FOR_READING, False, -2)
ÂÂIf objTextStream.AtEndOfStream Then
ÂÂÂÂWScript.Echo "Input text file " & strInputFile & " is empty."
ÂÂÂÂWScript.Quit(2)
ÂÂEnd If
ÂÂarrLines = Split(objTextStream.ReadAll, vbCrLf)
ÂÂobjTextStream.Close
ÂÂSet fso = nothing
ÂÂReadTextFile = arrLines
End Function

Function ReadTextFileU8(strInputFile)
ÂÂIf Not fso.FileExists(strInputFile) Then
ÂÂÂÂWScript.Echo strInputFile & " not found!ÂÂMake sure you place it in THIS folder!!!"
ÂÂÂÂWScript.Quit(1)
ÂÂEnd If
ÂÂSet fso = nothing
ÂÂSet oStream = CreateObject("ADODB.Stream")
ÂÂÂÂoStream.Open
ÂÂÂÂoStream.Type = 2ÂÂ'Set type to text
ÂÂÂÂoStream.CharSet = "utf-8"
ÂÂÂÂoStream.LoadFromFile("titles.txt")
ÂÂÂÂs = oStream.ReadText
ÂÂÂÂoStream.Close
ÂÂSet oStream = nothingÂÂ
ÂÂarrLines = Split(s, vbCrLf)
ÂÂReadTextFileU8 = arrLines
End Function

Function CleanFolderName(strTitle)
ÂÂSet regEx = New RegExp
ÂÂregEx.IgnoreCase = True
ÂÂregEx.GlobalÂÂÂÂ = True
ÂÂ'regEx.PatternÂÂÂÂ=ÂÂ"[&]"
ÂÂ'strTitle = regEx.Replace(strTitle,"and")
ÂÂregEx.PatternÂÂÂÂ=ÂÂ"[/\\:]"
ÂÂstrTitle = regEx.Replace(strTitle,"-")
ÂÂregEx.PatternÂÂÂÂ=ÂÂ"[*?""|]"
ÂÂCleanFolderName = regEx.Replace(strTitle," ")
End Function

Function renameTitle(arrTitles, folder)
ÂÂrenamed = false
ÂÂFor Each strTitle in arrTitles
ÂÂÂÂIf (len(strTitle) > 6) Then
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂIf ((left(strTitle,6) = left(folder.name,6)) or left(strTitle,6) = mid(folder.name,(instr(folder.name,"["))+1,6)) Then
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ'WScript.Echo "Raw: " & strTitle
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ'WScript.Echo "folder.Path: " & folder.Path
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂstrCleaned = CleanFolderName(strTitle)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ'WScript.Echo "Cleaned: " & strCleaned
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂnewFolder = folder.ParentFolder & "\" & mid(strCleaned, 10, len(strCleaned)) & " [" & left(strTitle,6) & "]"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ'WScript.Echo newFolder
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCall fso.MoveFolder(folder.Path, newFolder)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂrenamed = true
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂExit For
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂEnd If
ÂÂÂÂEnd If
ÂÂNext
ÂÂSet fso = nothing
ÂÂrenameTitle = renamed
End Function

'################################################

WScript.Echo "This can take some time to run so be patient and wait for the Done message!"
arrTitles = ReadTextFileU8(strInputFile)
count = 0
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set titles = fso.GetFile(strInputFile)
strParentFolder = titles.ParentFolder
Set f = fso.GetFolder(strParentFolder)
Set sf = f.SubFolders
For Each folder in sf
ÂÂif (len(folder.name) >= 6) Then
ÂÂÂÂif (renameTitle (arrTitles, folder)) Then
ÂÂÂÂÂÂcount = count + 1
ÂÂÂÂEnd If
ÂÂEnd If
Next
Set fso = nothing
WScript.Echo "Done!ÂÂRenamed " & count & " folders."

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
kaligula said:
Dr. Clipper said:
kaligula said:
Thank´s i have found r17

Hello,

yes i can do that for you. can you give me the csv with the english names and i translate it in german for you. That would be nice.

I get even with devkitPPc r17 error in the non-amended Script

The Configurator uses a slightly different method of translation than most apps. The translation files are here and instructions are within configurator.cdb in that zip. The translation files list the English tooltips you can change, but you can also change the text on the buttons, labels and check boxes to fully configure the loader. It might also help to look at the Spanish translation that has already been done if the instructions confuse you at all.

As for compiling Cfg, there is something else that you have to use an earlier version for, I think, but I forget which. oggzee, gannon or usptactical will likely be able to help more with that. However, again, it seems that we'll have translation in the next version anyway, so if your only reason to compile is translation, forget it.

QUOTE(wiixale @ Jan 23 2010, 01:40 AM) QUOTE(Dr. Clipper @ Jan 22 2010, 01:24 AM)
Yes, set device=SDHC and let it select the SD card.

That's a good idea, but: what about selecting USB drive after booting CFG Loader? How can I switch to the USB HD?
Go to the global options menu and there is a method to change device there.

simonarturo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
ok, I'm just getting started with this, so I may need some help to guide me through the first time, I used GAF's guide while installing v51, with the fat.dol (renamed to boot.dol) file. I have a couple of questions, is it true that I can't use ios249 and am stuck using 222 in fat? Also, I have two FAT partitions, and the first one is fairly small, so I want to use the second one, but the loader takes the first one, how can I fix that?

EDIT: allright, I figured out the partition thing, now, another question, can I use any GUI configurator for version51? Because the one I've seen around is for v49 i think

superloafer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had a new issue happen today; It's the first issue I've had on .51, first issue ever really.

When browsing the games in coverflow it locks up, the screen turns green, and the wii loads the system menu.

I am using a 500 gig WD passport elite drive, on a 4.2u wii with both hermes v4 and wan v17 installed.
The drive is in two partitions 32 gig fat32 for covers and config, wbfs for the rest.

I have used other usb loaders without issue.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superloafer said:
I just had a new issue happen today; It's the first issue I've had on .51, first issue ever really.

When browsing the games in coverflow it locks up, the screen turns green, and the wii loads the system menu.

I am using a 500 gig WD passport elite drive, on a 4.2u wii with both hermes v4 and wan v17 installed.

I have used other usb loaders without issue.

Maybe a bad cover image. Does it always happen at the same spot? Scroll right, one cover at a time, and note which new cover was last displayed before it crashes. Then scroll left and see if it crashes when you get to that cover. If you can isolate it, please zip up the cover (and the one before and after it) and let me know where I can get it.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
simonarturo said:
EDIT: allright, I figured out the partition thing, now, another question, can I use any GUI configurator for version51? Because the one I've seen around is for v49 i think
The Configurator is constantly updated and definitely has a v51 version. Check the link in my sig to get to the Configurator thread which allows you to download all the latest versions for each iteration of Cfg.

superloafer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usptactical said:
Maybe a bad cover image. Does it always happen at the same spot? Scroll right, one cover at a time, and note which new cover was last displayed before it crashes. Then scroll left and see if it crashes when you get to that cover. If you can isolate it, please zip up the cover (and the one before and after it) and let me know where I can get it.

It would hang->green->load system menu

I have coverflow as the default so it would hang automatically after 2-3 seconds.

I deleted the covers for the 5 games I just added and everything works now....

I'll download the covers one by obne and hopefully let you know the offending cover *.png

simonarturo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Dr. Clipper said:
simonarturo said:
The Configurator is constantly updated and definitely has a v51 version. Check the link in my sig to get to the Configurator thread which allows you to download all the latest versions for each iteration of Cfg.

Yes, I just checked the link soon after posting and found the v51 configurator, thanks for the hard work

also, I haven't heard from the Fat vs Wbfs issue. Fat can't use ios249? is it better to have two partitions, one fat and another wbfs? I'm trying to keep it simple

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol