bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizard1 said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Wizard1 said:
Asides from Wii Backup manager anyone know any other programs? Although my 64gb thumb drive was "formatted" by Wii Backup Manager to show as Fat32, when I use Windows to format it still gives me either exFAT or NTFS
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.exe

Tried that one, it refuses to format my drive, it keeps on complaining that its in use by another process when its not.

Try CompuAppps SwissKnife V3, has worked every time on all kinds/sizes of drives.

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Asides from Wii Backup manager anyone know any other programs? Although my 64gb thumb drive was "formatted" by Wii Backup Manager to show as Fat32, when I use Windows to format it still gives me either exFAT or NTFS

Did you run WBM as administrator? Security in Vista/Win7 is probably interfering with the format, especially if the drive was NTFS before trying to format.

If you have UAC enabled, I discovered that simply running under an administrator account isn't enough, you need to run as administrator. The next version should fix that because it requests administrator privileges.

Wizard1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I used CompuAppps SwissKnife V3 and formatted it to FAT32. Copied some wbfs files onto the 64gb Flash Drive and then tried to get it to work using the loader. Getting similar problems

1)When I first try to mount the flash drive it goes "OK", then "Invalid Partition: FAT1"
2)Then I press A
3)Then the system shows me that bank 1 has "64gb - FAT32/-"

so now im confused. What am I doing wrong?

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UAEGANGSTER111 said:
hi i am trying to install super smash but it says ERROR (ret = -2)

help

Is your drive NTFS?
Had the same error on another drive?
Did it happens since which version of cfg loader?

Give more details so maybe someone can help you better
rolleyes.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Wizard1 said:
Ok so I used CompuAppps SwissKnife V3 and formatted it to FAT32. Copied some wbfs files onto the 64gb Flash Drive and then tried to get it to work using the loader. Getting similar problems

1)When I first try to mount the flash drive it goes "OK", then "Invalid Partition: FAT1"
2)Then I press A
3)Then the system shows me that bank 1 has "64gb - FAT32/-"

so now im confused. What am I doing wrong?
Can you make a screenshot and post it?
FAT32/- means that there is a partition in the table marked with fat type but that it doesn't really find a fat filesystem on that partition.

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UAEGANGSTER111 said:
How long does it take to install super smash bros (which is 6.93 gb) ?

That depends on the speed of your usb storage device. I used a sandisk and took me about 1 hour 20 min. In my Seagate hard disk took me about 30 mins.

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
9th_Sage said:
UAEGANGSTER111 said:
mine said
{*} opening dvd disc.....ok!

super smash bros . brawl
{RSBE01} {6.93GB} {DUAL-LAYER}

thats what it said ist like this?
Ah! Did you press A to start copying it to the hard drive?

Exactly, then press A and it should start copying the game right away.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bert02 said:
and since cfg loader update only works from usb:/apps/usbloader im guessing that u need a forwarder to to find it from usb:/apps/usbloader just ask the guy if he could make 1 with that location (as i stated in 1 of the previous posts) its probably not hard to change the directory and recompile the source
No, you're still not understanding correctly. Cfg Loader update can work from any directory, as long as the thing that starts Cfg Loader tells it what directory to use. The forwarder is not telling it that information (it is likely saying the executable name is "boot.dol" when it should be saying it's "sd:/apps/USBLoader_cfg/boot.dol"). This is probably a one line change in the forwarder code to fix it. Do we have the source? It would be easy to find where that bug is and fix it.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
got several dumps after i quit a game with cfgloader started by the priiloader-forwarder
changed priiloader to exit to sysmenu instead autoboot, all fine

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dr. Clipper said:
bert02 said:
and since cfg loader update only works from usb:/apps/usbloader im guessing that u need a forwarder to to find it from usb:/apps/usbloader just ask the guy if he could make 1 with that location (as i stated in 1 of the previous posts) its probably not hard to change the directory and recompile the source
No, you're still not understanding correctly. Cfg Loader update can work from any directory, as long as the thing that starts Cfg Loader tells it what directory to use. The forwarder is not telling it that information (it is likely saying the executable name is "boot.dol" when it should be saying it's "sd:/apps/USBLoader_cfg/boot.dol"). This is probably a one line change in the forwarder code to fix it. Do we have the source? It would be easy to find where that bug is and fix it.
I guess the source is just uploaded here : http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/source/detail?r=50

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
wiiuser2 said:
OK, it seems to be a longer fix than I thought, but what needs to happen is that argc and argv needs to be constructed properly before calling the .dol (I thought a shell command was used, but it actually just calls the main function of the target .dol). There is some code that looks suspiciously like it might be doing that, and seeing as the code seems to have been updated just 2 hours ago, it is possible the fix has been made already.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any ideas on my music problem?

Also, I set ocarina = 1 because I always forget to set it for the game I intend to cheat on for the first time which annoys me. I've noticed that when no codes are detected it waits a few seconds then claims to find a usb gecko and enables debug mode, except mine isn't plugged in. I do however have a GCN memory card plugged in Slot 2. It doesn't say it finds a usb gecko when codes are found however.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this in the IRC, but didn't feel like 'waiting'.. (;

What exactly are the WARNING: read errors?
After x amount of errors, it stops copying the game, yet it still adds the unfinished game to the library.
Shouldn't it automatically remove the unfinished game, maybe by checking the current size with estimated total before adding?

Also, if I press eject during these read errors, it scrolls many more of them fast until it finally gives up. (x amount or 25%?)
Only when I hit eject again will it actually spit out the disc.

Is there a log/debug file for the games I've ripped? (on the USB/SD drive in a text somewhere?)
Is there a way to auto-eject finished games, and have it automatically wait for another one instead of returning to the menu listing?
- If this were an option, I'd like to be able to still see the 'log' of the prior ripped game, just in case there was a read error..
I'd still like to have to hit A before it installs though, but toggleable.

I'll be able to post a video if need-be, but only if the developer has no idea what I'm talking about, haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol