Hacking Configurable USB Loader

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gannon said:
cfg v51 (release)

Very nice ! Playing around with the cfg usb loader is almost getting more fun then a lot of the published games
bow.gif

pinzet

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello guys!

I installed Configurable USB Loader V51, it can find my games (SD FAT32), but when i try to start them the wii hangs. I get message 'Booting Wii game, please wait', then 'IOS[222] nload [FAT]' and than nothing happens. The games are OK, because if I burn them on disc, I can play them with Neogamma disc loader.

Please help to resolve the issue or give a link where I could find troubleshooting info for Configurable USB Loader.

Thank you !

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
pinzet said:
Hello guys!

I installed Configurable USB Loader V51, it can find my games (SD FAT32), but when i try to start them the wii hangs. I get message 'Booting Wii game, please wait', then 'IOS[222] nload [FAT]' and than nothing happens. The games are OK, because if I burn them on disc, I can play them with Neogamma disc loader.

Please help to resolve the issue or give a link where I could find troubleshooting info for Configurable USB Loader.

Thank you !
Maybe you didn't install cIOS 222/223, or it is stubbed..?

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a code dump in the newest release?
When I tried to boot a game from wbfs not fat.
Also, I don't have a stub cios.
Since it worked booting the game before i updated the app.

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
usptactical said:
Vattu said:
Yes, it's all there. In "USB:\WBFS" I have all files from the original wbfs_file-folder. The script takes about a minute to finish and when the last message pops up, it said it didn't change anything, and that's what happened.

You only need titles.txt and the rename_folders-title [id].vbs file in the /wbfs directory.
You could try uncommenting the WScript.Echo lines in renameTitle() and let me know what it says.
I found 4 lines. no difference.
frown.gif
but don't bother, I'll survive the way it is now.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Justin121994 said:
I get a code dump in the newest release?
When I tried to boot a game from wbfs not fat.
Also, I don't have a stub cios.
Since it worked booting the game before i updated the app.
Copy down or take a picture of the Stack Dump section of the code dump and post it here. That often makes it quite easy to track down the problem.

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I play disc and it returns try again same. Thing until it code dumps it first did the first time i tried booting the disc but now it did when i got out of the menu.Sorry if its bad quality using my phone.

Click on picture to see it bigger
smileipb2.png

Oh yeah works in usbloader gx and any other disc loader?
And it sometimes works in this loader but sometimes codedumps.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
evilmind said:
Hi

Check gbatemp wiki page:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...Loader_Releases

That will be better to update that page when a new USB loader versiones cames out an try to link the file there. (instead of reading 502 pages of forum thread the find the last version)

regards
Or you could just take a look at the latest version section of the first post, and follow the thread if you also want to know about the betas.

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!

I tested last version with Game information and I think you should mention on first post that we need to add:
QUOTE said:
db_show_info = 1
db_url = http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb.zip?LANG={DBL} on config.txt to make it work.

Because I read:
QUOTE* Wiitdb support. Can be downloaded inside the loader on the global options screen.
but I wasn't able to download it from Wii until I found explanation here.
And it took me a while to figure it out.

Maybe you should let option to download wiitdb by default, and it's up to the user to download it or not.
Because actually if he really wants to download it he'll have to modify config.txt in order to make "download Wiitdb option" appear on global options screen
wacko.gif

Anyway…
Game information works well even choosing my console language but some things are still untranslated (Rating, "players", etc.). I hope it will come some day with localization
wink2.gif

An other question, is there any key to access to boot Disc faster?
Rather than pressing - to go the menu then pressing up arrow to select boot Disc and press A twice to launch the Disc.

4 things to do before playing, it's too long (lazy me lol).

Maybe add launch DVD to + key option (the key used to add DVD game to partition).
Or use key 2 which isn't used (and press A once only to confirm).

What do you think?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Jabe said:
Hi!

I tested last version with Game information and I think you should mention on first post that we need to add:
QUOTE said:
db_show_info = 1
db_url = http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb.zip?LANG={DBL} on config.txt to make it work.

Because I read:
QUOTE said:
* Wiitdb support. Can be downloaded inside the loader on the global options screen. but I wasn't able to download it from Wii until I found explanation here.
And it took me a while to figure it out.

Those are the default values for those options. You shouldn't have needed to change them.

QUOTEI hope it will come some day with localization
wink2.gif
Sooner than you think, most likely
ohmy.gif

An other question, is there any key to access to boot Disc faster?
Rather than pressing - to go the menu then pressing up arrow to select boot Disc and press A twice to launch the Disc.

4 things to do before playing, it's too long (lazy me lol).

Maybe add launch DVD to + key option (the key used to add DVD game to partition).
Or use key 2 which isn't used (and press A once only to confirm).

What do you think?
Button 2 is used. It accesses the favorites list if you have any games marked as favorites within the profile. Button remapping will come eventually. And you can reduce the current process to launch a disc to three steps if you set "confirm_start=0" which means you will only have to push A once (although you will neither see database info nor hear the banner sound as well).

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues with mp3 music. Sometimes when I launch CFG it will play a file for maybe 5 seconds then skip to another song at the 5 second mark (roughly) then it plays for a few seconds before returning to the original song as if nothing happened.

kukupo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time using usb loader (used neogamma for the longest of time) because I heard it got direct ISO loading from NTFS support now. However, I only have one question before using usb loader. As you know all ISOs are 4.5GB which I find pretty big to fit a lot in a usb hdd. When I used wbfs before they usually will trim it to the scrub size before actually putting it in the usb drive which saves a lot of space. My question is, is it possible to put a ISO file into my NTFS USB HDD with the scrubbed size and being able to load off usb loader as well? Thanks

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure. Just run your ISOs through wbfs_file.exe from the first page and set them in the appropriate directory. They'll be converted into .wbfs files that maintain the scrubbed size just like games on a WBFS partitioned drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Those fake islands they built lol