Hacking Configurable USB Loader

jass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello I have some doubts:
I want to use the v50 loader with a 500Gb HD formatted NTFS, what. Dol I use?, Which is in the folder inSDRoot \ apps \ USBloader \ or cfg50-fat.dol

WiiBackupManager not work for me, is essential to use?, Could put .isos from the windows explorer?, If so, necessarily have to rename the GameID, I mean, I put X: \ WBFS \ Avatar. iso or necessarily should be X: \ WBFS \ R5VX41.iso

Thank you very much

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oggzee or Dr. Clipper or someone else, is there a FAQ section going to be made for the NTFS.

I've tried keeping up with all the posts, but I don't have the time right now so I'm a little behind and a little lost.

Thanks;

Steve

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jass said:
I want to use the v50 loader with a 500Gb HD formatted NTFS, what. Dol I use?, Which is in the folder inSDRoot \ apps \ USBloader \ or cfg50-fat.dol
cfg50-fat.dol is the best for NTFS
WiiBackupManager not work for me, is essential to use?
no, you can also use wbfs_file or wwt
Could put .isos from the windows explorer?
Yes, but they will use a lot more space than isos created with the tools above
If so, necessarily have to rename the GameID
yes
I mean, I put X: \ WBFS \ Avatar. iso or necessarily should be X: \ WBFS \ R5VX41.iso
X:\WBFS\R5VX41.iso is right, X:\WBFS\R5VX41_Avatar\R5VX41.iso also works
Thank you very much

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:
Oggzee or Dr. Clipper or someone else, is there a FAQ section going to be made for the NTFS.

I've tried keeping up with all the posts, but I don't have the time right now so I'm a little behind and a little lost.

Thanks;

Steve

1. Format drive ntfs
2. Convert games to .wbfs (or keep as .iso)
3. Put games in /wbfs folder
4. Play games via cfg

It's the same as FAT. And if another format comes out, it will be the same.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which formats are missing? Just ext2/3 for ISOS I guess as HFS+ doesn't support sparse files, it could only be used with wbfs/wdf files without loosing too much space.
But I don't think that oggzee will be the one who makes it (ext or hfs) because he already made the support for the two most used systems.

Trypa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, im trying to play GH5 using a FAT device. The game starts ok, but i think thar the usb HDD is detectes as a mic and my guitar is not detected... how can I fix it?

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usptactical said:
Sacohen9665 said:

Thanks;

Steve

1. Format drive ntfs
2. Convert games to .wbfs (or keep as .iso)
3. Put games in /wbfs folder
4. Play games via cfg

It's the same as FAT. And if another format comes out, it will be the same.

Thanks USPtactical.

So what about ISO's and spare ISO's do the files still get split at 4GB. I remember there was an issue with ISO's over 2GB not playing, has that been fixed?

NTFS will play straight ISO's, or I can run it thru WBM and have that tool convert it to a sparse ISO to save space?

These are the kind of questions I have.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:

Thanks;

Steve
Your question was already asked and answered, and apparently if you're finding NTFS useful now, you must be a pirate. I know, terrible logic, but don't shoot the messenger. Putting aside his whole self-serving definition of piracy, I guess he can't picture someone who has ripped all of his discs (still piracy BTW) onto the drive under WBFS wanting to extract them with one of the managers and then put them on NTFS.
laugh.gif

Dr. Clipper said:
QUOTE(bnm81002 @ Dec 14 2009, 05:50 AM) Dr. Clipper, will you update your "GAF's Wii Homebrew Tutorial" to include NTFS support?
biggrin.gif
I will when it supports installing of games. NTFS support is currently almost useless to the non-pirate, so there is no need for it in the tutorial.

I'll just point him to the following 'nice' post...approved by mods.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=190...p;#entry2385446

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks! Gonna try that!
smile.gif

Do you have a clue about where to find ehcmodule 2.8 sources?

Thanks for your support!

oggzee said:
bootsector said:
Thanks for the quick reply!
Even if I format the drive as FAT32 (not NTFS) do I still have to merge the sources from ehcmodule from uloader 2.8 and CGF50? Or can I get ehcmodule.elf "as is", rename it to ehcmodule_frag.elf and put it under /usb-loader/ to get FAT32 support on my HDD?
Yes, both fat and ntfs require changes to ehcmodule.
kdiff3 should make that easier: kdiff3 cios3.1 cios_cfg50 cios2.8

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
Sacohen9665 said:

Thanks;

Steve
Your question was already asked and answered, and apparently if you're finding NTFS useful now, you must be a pirate. I know, terrible logic, but don't shoot the messenger. Putting aside his whole self-serving definition of piracy, I guess he can't picture someone who has ripped all of his discs (still piracy BTW) onto the drive under WBFS wanting to extract them with one of the managers and then put them on NTFS.
laugh.gif

Dr. Clipper said:
QUOTE(bnm81002 @ Dec 14 2009, 05:50 AM) Dr. Clipper, will you update your "GAF's Wii Homebrew Tutorial" to include NTFS support?
biggrin.gif
I will when it supports installing of games. NTFS support is currently almost useless to the non-pirate, so there is no need for it in the tutorial.

I'll just point him to the following 'nice' post...approved by mods.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=190...p;#entry2385446
Skizzo. I'm not a pirate, every game I have, I have purchased and I'm not necessarily interested in NTFS, I'm just try to find out more about it.

Obviously Oggzee added it for a reason and it wasn't just because the pirates asked for it, He has made a definite stand on things that he won't do, because he feels they are for pirates to would lead to piracy more.

Don't assume you know who I am or what I do, because I can guarantee you are incorrect.

bestpyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got an idea for something to add in the future.

1-as i searched everywhere to get them i can't seems to find them so why not have an option to download and to see the instructions booklet of the games

ok i know some are easy to find but others, just like guilty gear accent core plus is nowhere to be found.

So having an option like that would be nice, well in my opinion.

2-Another option would be to add the channel on it also.
we could seperate our search, we could choose for channels, or wii games, or gc games (if implented in the near future)

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can you use .wbfs files larger than 2gb now that ntfs is supported? The readme still says that the loader can't read files larger than 2gb.

And do you think there will ever be a way to easily edit .wbfs files? maybe with wiiscrubber or something?
It would be even better if you could open the .wbfs as a folder inside explorer/finder/nautilus but that's probably not going to happen.

pontomedon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I noticed a little issue:
Don't know if this is version specific (using 50), but i just changed my harddrive from a wbfs partition to a fat partition, and when i press B after start (so that the console with the list of games comes up) the loader hangs for about 30 seconds while it displays something about calculating free space on disk on the bottom. I currently have 130 games + covers + ~100 themes on the disk, i know that getting the size of all of them takes its time, but could this calculation probably be performed in a thread? the 30 second freeze is a bit annoying
biggrin.gif

Apart from that: Great tool! I like the way i can literally modify anything in it (but i guess that's what the name says
biggrin.gif
)

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Since 1:1 ISOs can now work on NTFS, I was hoping to get the Masterpieces in Super Smash Bros. Brawl to work. (libwbfs seems to corrupt the Masterpiece partitions.) The 1:1 ISO displays a black screen when trying to load a Masterpiece game. (I think this occurs because Brawl loads a new main.dol for the Masterpieces... Would that mean alternate DOLs are necessary to get it working?)

I'm using v50 with IOS222.

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
jass said:

WiiBackupManager not work for me, is essential to use?, Could put .isos from the windows explorer?, If so, necessarily have to rename the GameID, I mean, I put X: \ WBFS \ Avatar. iso or necessarily should be X: \ WBFS \ R5VX41.iso

Both the DOLs are almost the same, just using different default settings. So essentially, any one will work.

If you want to jump onto the WBM thread and let me know what didn't work for you, I'd appreciate it. Even if you never use it again, it'll help me improve it for others.
smile.gif
You can just use explorer to copy ISOs to the drive if you like.

AFAIK, the ISO must be named ID6.iso. To make it easier to read, you could put it in a folder "\wbfs\ID6_Title\ID6.iso".

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pontomedon said:
I noticed a little issue:
Don't know if this is version specific (using 50), but i just changed my harddrive from a wbfs partition to a fat partition, and when i press B after start (so that the console with the list of games comes up) the loader hangs for about 30 seconds while it displays something about calculating free space on disk on the bottom. I currently have 130 games + covers + ~100 themes on the disk, i know that getting the size of all of them takes its time, but could this calculation probably be performed in a thread? the 30 second freeze is a bit annoying
biggrin.gif

Apart from that: Great tool! I like the way i can literally modify anything in it (but i guess that's what the name says
biggrin.gif
)

Add this line to config.txt:
hide_hddinfo = 1

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hopefully a n00b mistake, I've just done a 'clean' install of 50 and I've got ISO249 and 222 etc. installed.

If I connect my WBFS formatted drive I can see my games, however if I connect my FAT32 formatted games I have a blank / black screen when I launch into Configurable USB Loader.

Help please!
smile.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
There are two ways to use FAT32 partitions. You can either use the FAT edition of Configurable USB Loader, or put these two lines in config.txt:

Code:
ios = 222-mload
partition = FAT1

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dialexio said:
There are two ways to use FAT32 partitions. You can either use the FAT edition of Configurable USB Loader, or put these two lines in config.txt:

Code:
ios = 222-mload
partition = FAT1

But the FAT edition is supposed to work faster, right ?

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks heaps Dialexio!

I modified my config.txt and CUL at least starts however it doesn't 'see' any games on the HDD.
(btw: I'm using the FULL 0.50 .zip version, not the special FAT32 editions or anything)

I transferred my games using f1g2k4's utility and they're in WBFS file format in seperate directories on my FAT32 formatted drive. I'll scratch my head a little more and see what ideas I come up with.

EDIT: AHA!! luckily I had Wii Sports handy, so I tried installing that using CUL's installer and instantly I saw my n00b mistake - Wii Sports installed to USB:\wbfs\wii sports etc.etc. - all my games were on the root partition (I only just upgraded from version 46 or something, so I've missed out on all the fun and learning of FAT32 etc.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.