OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
fig2k4 said:
Sacohen9665 said:
Have you tested anything over 4GB?

Oggzee said in an earlier post that the program would lock up when trying to play a file that is over 4GB.

Not yet, I must've missed that post.
smile.gif

Will it lock up when you try to play it, or only while accessing the parts over 4 gig?
The bug was with files larger than 2GB on NTFS, but has been solved in 50b.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Elfish said:
Link5084 said:
Now if you could play Virtual Console/Wiiware off a USB HDD, that would be awesome.

Also many thanks to oggzee for the latest update

look for triiforce...

anyway.....
are there any chances to play games from a network share (smb) with softmod usbloaders?

I guess not anytime soon. Wifi speed is only 2-3 Mbit/s, ok, i don't remember, it could also be 2-3 MB/s, but i doubt it. Also even 2-3 MB/s would be slower than reading backup discs at half speed. And about the usb lan adapter speeds, i don't know. It's few people who have one and very few people who wrote code for it.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
SleepyPrince said:
is that the only thing changed?
I am using FAT32, 50a works but 50b give me code dumps
Please make a screenshot of the stack dump screen and post it here, or write down the numbers under STACK TRACE and post them here.
edit: also write exactly which version you used when posting the stack dump, preferably one of 50b or 50b-fat

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiPower said:
I guess not anytime soon. Wifi speed is only 2-3 Mbit/s, ok, i don't remember, it could also be 2-3 MB/s, but i doubt it. Also even 2-3 MB/s would be slower than reading backup discs at half speed. And about the usb lan adapter speeds, i don't know. It's few people who have one and very few people who wrote code for it.

It's 802.11g, so up to 50mb/s. Quite what throughput/latency you'll get from smb is another thing.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
smf said:
It's 802.11g, so up to 50mb/s. Quite what throughput/latency you'll get from smb is another thing.
Heh, you wish
smile.gif
try measuring it...
edit: btw not sure if you were talking about bytes or bits, but the correct number is 54 Mbit/s, which makes for a maximum theoretical throughput of 6.75 MB/s, however actual numbers are much lower, in the range that WiiPower mentioned or even lower, anyway it's too slow. And I am certainly not adding that even if it would be fast enough.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oggzee said:
smf said:
Heh, you wish
smile.gif
try measuring it...
edit: btw not sure if you were talking about bytes or bits, but the correct number is 54 Mbit/s, which makes for a maximum theoretical throughput of 6.75 MB/s, however actual numbers are much lower, in the range that WiiPower mentioned or even lower, anyway it's too slow. And I am certainly not adding that even if it would be fast enough.

It's probably just a crappy 'good enough' implementation, like nintendos usb drivers. It might be possible to improve it, but lots of work. Benchmarking the linux wifi driver would be interesting.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also get the code dump on 50b-fat

Stack Dump:
80b0f3b0 --> 90b4d800 --> 90b40c08 --> 90b41b1c -->
80b436b8 --> 80b49ac0 --> 80b003a4 --> 80bc5ea8 -->
80bc5e44

like previous poster, 50a-fat works.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
GolfDude said:
i also get the code dump on 50b-fat

Stack Dump:
80b0f3b0 --> 90b4d800 --> 90b40c08 --> 90b41b1c -->
80b436b8 --> 80b49ac0 --> 80b003a4 --> 80bc5ea8 -->
80bc5e44

Code Dump:
[removed - not needed]

like previous poster, 50a-fat works.

Thanks, can you tell me when does it happen, what are the steps to reproduce it?
Unfortunately it doesn't tell me much:

strcasecmp
??:0
??
??
??
Menu_Loop
main
__crtmain

I'll probably make a debugging version that might tell more..

btw, to save you time next time, I only need STACK DUMP numbers, code dump numbers are not needed.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it appears after the loading screen for the loader and before the game list should show up (which you see for about a tenth of a second) ..

just loading it straight from the HBC.. nothing special when it happens.. it just does... it loads fine loading it the very same way with .50a

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
smf said:
Heh, you wish
smile.gif
try measuring it...

Network loading is nice, i'm doing that at my ps2. I don't know if it was 2-3 MBit/s or 2-3 MB/s(but i think it's MBit/s) that linux gets. It seems the hardware is simply not capable of more and it's definatively not a 802.11g device.

pzyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*ahem* maybe add .ciso support? (from the newer wbfs managers)

i backed up my games as .ciso's, formated my HDD to NTFS and um... realized it cant play .ciso's

or is there a way to convert them?

Dark.Yoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hello, cfg v50a is very great...
cool.gif

unfortunately, i have a small problem with the game names in german, eg "kiss" writes in german "küss"

that means "ä (ae), ü (ue), ö (oe) and ß (ss)" do not display properly.
frown.gif
is there already a solution ?
unsure.gif

thx...

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
oggzee said:
smf said:
Heh, you wish
smile.gif
try measuring it...

Network loading is nice, i'm doing that at my ps2. I don't know if it was 2-3 MBit/s or 2-3 MB/s(but i think it's MBit/s) that linux gets. It seems the hardware is simply not capable of more and it's definatively not a 802.11g device.

ye it's cool. i'm planning a nas atm. that's why i'm interessted in a feature like that. i wonder tho what speeds the lan adapter allows us to have.
is it even technically possible to implement network share loading? wouldn't there be problems if you'd try to access the wlan/lan device during online play?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiPower said:
I don't know if it was 2-3 MBit/s or 2-3 MB/s(but i think it's MBit/s) that linux gets. It seems the hardware is simply not capable of more and it's definatively not a 802.11g device.

There is an easy way to tell, disable 802.11b on your router. It's mini pci, so it's standardish and they put it on a fast bus. The starlet might not be up to it, or the code might not be great. It would be unlikely that nintendo purposefully throttled it though.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Elfish said:
ye it's cool. i'm planning a nas atm. that's why i'm interessted in a feature like that. i wonder tho what speeds the lan adapter allows us to have.
is it even technically possible to implement network share loading? wouldn't there be problems if you'd try to access the wlan/lan device during online play?
I don't care if it's possible or not, I'm not doing it, maybe ask someone else.
It's also in the FAQ:

Some known issues and suggestions that are frequently asked about:

* Return directly to the loader when exiting a game: use preloader!
* Black bar at the bottom of screen in console mode with 576i video mode
* Banner animations or icons
* GUI settings
* GUI game start screen
* New Gecko OS 1.9.x (aka Ocarina 2)
* DONE: GC and other controllers
* GC / DVD / HBC launcher
* DONE: Multiple wbfs partitions support
* DONE: Automatic download/update of titles
* Automatic download/update of themes,...
* Spinning discs
* NAND emulation
* Screensaver
* HQ cover zooming
* Coverflow Grid mode
* DONE: Profiles / Multiple favorite groups
* Disable intro screen
* WiitDB integration (game info: description, genres, which controllers, number of players, etc...)
* NO: Installing games over network

The list is here just so we can tone down the number of repeated requests on the forum
We might or might not work on any of the listed items.[/p]

edit: oh I see i need to update the FAQ to also read: NO: starting games over network.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P