Hacking Configurable USB Loader

yeebiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the fat version of cfg. I also am using USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder by Narolez. When I launch it defaults to ios 249. I can pass the option for 222 by holding 1. Is there a forwarder available that will default to 222?

Thanks for your help.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
yeebiz said:
I'm using the fat version of cfg. I also am using USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder by Narolez. When I launch it defaults to ios 249. I can pass the option for 222 by holding 1. Is there a forwarder available that will default to 222?
Thanks for your help.
Use the latest version of the nforwarder which does not force the ios by default.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What about GH guitar controller support...??
huh.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v47 (release)

full package: SDUSB-Loader_cfg47.zip
dol only: cfg47.dol or cfg47-fat.dol
(or online update)

Changes:

cfg v47 (release)

* Minor coverflow fixes
* Cleanups

cfg v47b3 (beta3)

* Support for guitar controller in the loader (by gannon)
* More banner sound fixes (opening.bnr case)
* Changed the default value of the option: hide_hddinfo=1 But only for the -fat
variant, because checking the disc free space on fat takes a few moments.
* 4GB partition offset fixes
* Increased the updates list length to 8
* Minor coverflow fixes

cfg v47b2 (beta2)

* NSMB main.dol patch by WiiPower
* minor coverflow gui fixes

cfg v47b (beta)

* GC and classic controller and nunchuk joystick support (by gannon)
* option: install_partitions = 1:1
disable scrubbing when installing, except for the last 256kb which are
stil scrubbed because of the wbfs block size not aligned to wii disc size
* Fixed banner sounds with games that have upper case OPENING.BNR
(Thanks to RolloS60 from wiicoverflow)
* Cleanups

cfg v47a (alpha)

* Better compatibility with weird WBFS partition setups:
- WBFS on RAW disk device, without a partition table
With such a setup the partition table will look like this:
P# Size(GB) Type Mount Used
-----------------------------
RAW 500.00 WBFS1 [USED]

- WBFS on EXTENDED partition. Normally a filesystem should
reside on either a primary or logical partition, never on
an extended partition. Extended is just a container of logical
partitions. However older version allowed this setup and so
the support for it is back. The partition table will look like:
P# Size(GB) Type Mount Used
-----------------------------
P#1 500.00 EXTEND/WBFS1 [USED]
And the loader will also let you fix the partition table by
pressing 1, which will change the partition type from EXTEND to
a known data type (0x0b, which is also used for fat)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
LxTrix said:
Is it possible to store covers on the hd itself? This would definitely save room on the SD card.

maybe Usb:wbfs/covers
Yes, but the loader must also be on the USB drive for it to work. Just copy everything loader related from the root of the SD card to the root of the USB and it should work, unless you are using the old forwarder channel (in which case, just upgrade it).

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My loader is on the sd card, and the covers are on the usb drive and it works fine dr clipper... All the settings must be on the usb drive however...

-Erik

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
* Minor coverflow fixes
OK, now that I know what that means, lol. Hint to other people, check NSMB in coverflow mode. coverflow3d is probably the best to look for the change in.

burritoboy9984 said:
My loader is on the sd card, and the covers are on the usb drive and it works fine dr clipper... All the settings must be on the usb drive however...

-Erik
Thanks for the info. Most people have had trouble getting it working that way, so I'm glad to hear it does work.

gerodive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have several isos in my computer which I need to transfer to the fat32 partition for gaming. However, whenever I try launching the wbfs file 1.5 executable it simply crashes after barely a split second. I'm running Vista 32bit. What is going on and what can I do to run games off my FAT32 partition?!

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anybody help with Ghostbusters and rev14? I can't seem to play it reliably. I always get stuck on the safety screen. Once in a while, I can get in, but if I do a software reset or go back to the System Menu, it doesn't work a second time. I've checked that I have rev14, which supposedly includes a reboot fix. Another thing I've noticed is, if I go to the settings page, and try to play it, it freezes, even if I haven't edited the settings.

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gerodive said:
I have several isos in my computer which I need to transfer to the fat32 partition for gaming. However, whenever I try launching the wbfs file 1.5 executable it simply crashes after barely a split second. I'm running Vista 32bit. What is going on and what can I do to run games off my FAT32 partition?!

Drag the iso into the executable

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
gerodive said:
It's a command line app. You need to go to Start button then run "cmd", then use "cd" to change directory to where the file is and type wbfs_file to learn how to use it. If that sounds like gibberish to you, check this thread for an app that supports .wbfs files in GUI form.

QUOTE(dvd-guy @ Nov 14 2009, 04:03 PM) Can anybody help with Ghostbusters and rev14? I can't seem to play it reliably. I always get stuck on the safety screen. Once in a while, I can get in, but if I do a software reset or go back to the System Menu, it doesn't work a second time. I've checked that I have rev14, which supposedly includes a reboot fix. Another thing I've noticed is, if I go to the settings page, and try to play it, it freezes, even if I haven't edited the settings.
I'd say it's probably a bad burn. You could try IOS222/223, though.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
LxTrix said:
Is it possible to store covers on the hd itself? This would definitely save room on the SD card.

maybe Usb:wbfs/covers
Yes, but the loader must also be on the USB drive for it to work. Just copy everything loader related from the root of the SD card to the root of the USB and it should work, unless you are using the old forwarder channel (in which case, just upgrade it).

Ok, so other than needing to make sure my current forwarder channel is "(Universal) Forwarder Channel: (by Narolez)" (in order to run the dol off the USB) if my HDD is just 1 big WBFS partition, how do I copy the stuff off the SD card and onto the root of the HDD ?

Also, when running off the WBFS partition ... does the "update" functionality still work ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!