drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
drizzt007 said:
where do I find that?
All options are located in a file, config.txt, and must be edited either manually, or changed with the highly convenient Configurator tool that is linked in my sig. For more help on what the options do, you can also check README-CFG.txt and my tutorial page.

ok, I found this on the tutorial page of yours.
covers_path = sd:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_2d = covers_path
covers_path_3d = covers_path/3d
covers_path_disc = covers_path/disc
covers_path_full = covers_path/full

I'm still not sure what to do with it , though. how do I write that properly for the config.txt?

and , for the configurator , how am I supposed to use that?
do I mount the SD card and just hit read?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
CapitalQ said:
Just how they seem to be attempting to make money (via advertising) off the loader--even the link to GBATemp passes through a "tinybucks.net" redirect, like many others there. I guess it's not doing anything particularly malicious, though.
The author said those links would be removed if it ever went officially live (which it hasn't or you would know about it). They're just there now to improve the Google ranking apparently.

QUOTE(drizzt007 @ Nov 11 2009, 12:20 PM) ok, I found this on the tutorial page of yours.
covers_path = sd:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_2d = covers_path
covers_path_3d = covers_path/3d
covers_path_disc = covers_path/disc
covers_path_full = covers_path/full

I'm still not sure what to do with it , though. how do I write that properly for the config.txt?

and , for the configurator , how am I supposed to use that?
do I mount the SD card and just hit read?
You can just add those lines by text editing config.txt, choosing your own paths. To use the Configurator to do it, start it up, read your existing config.txt (from the SD card if you like), go to global options page 2, type your paths into the relevant options, then save the config.txt with "all options" over the old one.

CapitalQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
The author said those links would be removed if it ever went officially live (which it hasn't or you would know about it). They're just there now to improve the Google ranking apparently.
If what ever went officially live?

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
caeric said:
To the GPL Douches - Learn what GNU GPL is, and is not. You're a fine product of why this nation is in trouble; you know enough to be dangerous, but not enough to know what you're talking about. Also wouldn't the GPL only apply to those countries that accepted it, and codified it - just a thought. Thank you for giving me material to laugh at you, you keep me entertained in this thread.
Considering oggzee admitted he was in violation of the GPL but that he just didn't care, your calling him a douche makes me laugh.
laugh.gif

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
caeric said:
To the GPL Douches - Learn what GNU GPL is, and is not. You're a fine product of why this nation is in trouble; you know enough to be dangerous, but not enough to know what you're talking about. Also wouldn't the GPL only apply to those countries that accepted it, and codified it - just a thought. Thank you for giving me material to laugh at you, you keep me entertained in this thread.
Agh...please please PLEASE don't get people started again when it's just now stopped. Let us bask in the glorious silence for a bit.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
CapitalQ said:
Dr. Clipper said:
That website. It's currently just a mock up that was set up for oggzee to see whether we wanted an official site.

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
So, if I wanted to set this up, all I need to do is put it in a folder, on my HDD and put games in another folder?

is there a guide on how to install it without WBFS?

soz im total noob - haven't been in Wii scene for months!

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dr. Clipper said:
CapitalQ said:
Dr. Clipper said:
That website. It's currently just a mock up that was set up for oggzee to see whether we wanted an official site.

Here is the other mock-up (made by me):
mock-up page

They vote for my version and the guy called "Ninja" (who made the other one) is asked to use the style and look and feel
from this one and adjust it with all the info he has on his site.

He still didn't do this... 3 weeks now.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
raiderscrusade said:
So, if I wanted to set this up, all I need to do is put it in a folder, on my HDD and put games in another folder?

is there a guide on how to install it without WBFS?

soz im total noob - haven't been in Wii scene for months!
You can use the one that xzxero posted, or mine. Mine also gives you all the instructions for installing the other stuff you need on your Wii first.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
possible error in wbfs_file

hi i played around a bit and found something odd

1. dumped game to wbfs with cfg (47b2 but all other i tried to)
2. extracted as A,iso with wbfs_file extract_iso
3. extracted as B.wbfs with wbfs_file extract_wbfs
4. converted to B.iso with wbfs_file

A.iso and B.iso should be equal ?
but A contains additional data

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
PsyBlade said:
possible error in wbfs_file

hi i played around a bit and found something odd

1. dumped game to wbfs with cfg (47b2 but all other i tried to)
2. extracted as A,iso with wbfs_file extract_iso
3. extracted as B.wbfs with wbfs_file extract_wbfs
4. converted to B.iso with wbfs_file

A.iso and B.iso should be equal ?
but A contains additional data
Should be equal yes. By additional data you mean size differs? Or did you compare the contents?
Does that happen with a particular game only (with which did you try?) Or does it happen always?
You didn't use the -g or -a options right?
Which version and platform of wbfs_file did you use? (i guess 1.4 on win32?)
Oh and another Q, is that a single or double layer game?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
Should be equal yes. By additional data you mean size differs? Or did you compare the contents?
Does that happen with a particular game only (with which did you try?) Or does it happen always?
You didn't use the -g or -a options right?
Which version and platform of wbfs_file did you use? (i guess 1.4 on win32?)

The file size is the same, contents differ from address 0FE0 0000 on (data vs 0x00s).
I only tested Wii Sports but cat try others.
No I did not use any options.
I only tested with 1.4 linux32 precompiled on linux64

Rion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know how to change the read retries when installing a game to the hd? My install on Deadly Creatures always stops at 80% No scratches on the DVD using Verbatim DVD-R.

The-Magician

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Rion said:
Anyone know how to change the read retries when installing a game to the hd? My install on Deadly Creatures always stops at 80% No scratches on the DVD using Verbatim DVD-R.

You read it with your Wii ? Try your computer and make an iso with ImgBurn and then with an wbfs manager to your wii.

Rion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The-Magician said:
Rion said:

You read it with your Wii ? Try your computer and make an iso with ImgBurn and then with an wbfs manager to your wii.

Yes i know i can to that. But i hope i don't have to download the backup again. I Myself cant make a new backup using my DVD-rom cause it don't support it.
It seems like the dvd-rom don't retry when it have trouble reading a backup disk and just gives an error.

So what i want to know if there is a way to change that setting.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
PsyBlade said:
The file size is the same, contents differ from address 0FE0 0000 on (data vs 0x00s).
Ah, I think i know why there is a difference - because of different wbfs block size on the wbfs partition and in the wbfs file. The wbfs file block size is 2mb, while on the partition it depends on the partition size. extract_iso will copy all blocks present on the wbfs partition, so it will not do any additional scrubbing. While extract wbfs will do additional scrubbing with a smaller block size. In other words, that difference is unused data that would be scrubbed if the block size was smaller. So it's not a problem. You can do another test, convert the iso that was extracted from the wbfs partition to a wbfs file and then compare the resulting wbfs file with the one that was extracted with extract_wbfs.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
oggzee said:
PsyBlade said:
Ah, I think i know why there is a difference - because of different wbfs block size on the wbfs partition and in the wbfs file. The wbfs file block size is 2mb, while on the partition it depends on the partition size. extract_iso will copy all blocks present on the wbfs partition, so it will not do any additional scrubbing. While extract wbfs will do additional scrubbing with a smaller block size. In other words, that difference is unused data that would be scrubbed if the block size was smaller. So it's not a problem. You can do another test, convert the iso that was extracted from the wbfs partition to a wbfs file and then compare the resulting wbfs file with the one that was extracted with extract_wbfs.

once again,
thanks to you we are getting to understand the system better.

Cheers,
R

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What's the quickest way with wbfs_file 1.4 to make a backup of my
wbfs partion external HD to a fat partition on my pc harddisk?
or is it quicker to backup to a wbfs partition?

what would be the syntax / commandline?
external wbfs hd is drive H
internal fat / wbfs is drive x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.